Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Typing answer and hit post and realize you have to edit as you don't have your glasses on.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I hadn't used the ebay customer service help in years. Today I seen that the system had changed. Right at first I seen that the old phone numbers were no longer in service and you have to go through a bunch of newbie questions before you can then click on 'talk to a real person'. Which I did.

I needed to have ebay send me a pin by phone call to confirm my phone number which is, are you ready for this, already verified and the customer rep called me back at that verified number. I told them I didn't have a cell phone. Then they tried telling me to install Google Chrome browser, I said no way was I putting that on my computer. Anyway I finally fixed it myself: I had my browser set to private mode and it was storing a needed cookie or some crap like that

I haven't had to call eBay's customer service recently, so I didn't know that they changed anything.

Why did they want you to install Google Chrome? Were you having a browser issue?

I haven't had to call eBay's customer service recently, so I didn't know that they changed anything.

Why did they want you to install Google Chrome? Were you having a browser issue?
I don't really know what the problem was. I needed to verify my phone number and was presented with two click choices: Send Me A Text or Call Me. I don't have a mobile phone so I chose Call Me, but ebay never did. I tried three different browsers but it they never called...so I called them. They were suppose to call me with a pin code but never did. The next day I tried it again and it worked. I don't why it worked but it did.

I don't really know what the problem was. I needed to verify my phone number and was presented with two click choices: Send Me A Text or Call Me. I don't have a mobile phone so I chose Call Me, but ebay never did. I tried three different browsers but it they never called...so I called them. They were suppose to call me with a pin code but never did. The next day I tried it again and it worked. I don't why it worked but it did.
This brings up an increasingly common annoyance - so many sites want to send you a verification code in order to gain access - you submit your e-mail and wait for the code.

I don't know how many "dead-ends" I've encountered where they just never send the code. You check your e-mail, you re-enter it over and over, they say they'll send the code... and nothing.

Another good one... a governmental service (I won't say the name) tells you when you call that "due to uncommonly high call volume your wait will be at least 30 minutes."
Then it tells you to go to their website if you don't want to wait and they can answer questions there.
So I go to the web site. I click on "Contact Us." And what comes up? (The only thing that comes up?) ...is the phone number I had just tried to call with the message that tells you to go to the web site if you don't want to wait!

Maybe their phone system was having problems the first day? I've never had any problems getting through to eBay's customer support. (Getting a good solution to a problem is a whole different issue. )

This brings up an increasingly common annoyance - so many sites want to send you a verification code in order to gain access - you submit your e-mail and wait for the code.

I don't know how many "dead-ends" I've encountered where they just never send the code. You check your e-mail, you re-enter it over and over, they say they'll send the code... and nothing.
I recently had a similar issue with Verizon, but because they sent the code, not because they didn't send it.

We have several family members with cell phones on the same plan, and someone else on the plan called Verizon customer service for help with his phone. Instead of texting the code number to his phone, they texted a link to my phone, with a message to click on the link so they can access our account.

After years of being taught not to click on unknown links, I didn't click on it, so they refused to help him. When I called to find out if it was a legit link, they told me that it was, but it's only valid for a few minutes, and it had already expired.

Another good one... a governmental service (I won't say the name) tells you when you call that "due to uncommonly high call volume your wait will be at least 30 minutes."
Then it tells you to go to their website if you don't want to wait and they can answer questions there.
So I go to the web site. I click on "Contact Us." And what comes up? (The only thing that comes up?) ...is the phone number I had just tried to call with the message that tells you to go to the web site if you don't want to wait!
That brings up another annoyance. Companies that use an automated phone system for customer service that make it impossible to get an actual person on the phone. I even called one recently that actually said that it was impossible to get a person in the store on the phone because they were all busy helping customers in the store, and then it hung up on me.

Typing answer and hit post and realize you have to edit as you don't have your glasses on.
Removing glasses because I’m nearsighted & then spending 10 minutes trying to find said glasses. Which I can’t find because I’m nearsighted.

I find that most sites want to text you a code rather than send an email. So then I have to go find my cell phone because my house phone doesn’t take texts.

That brings up another annoyance. Companies that use an automated phone system for customer service that make it impossible to get an actual person on the phone. I even called one recently that actually said that it was impossible to get a person in the store on the phone because they were all busy helping customers in the store, and then it hung up on me.
Comcast is getting really bad with this. I had almost given up trying to talk to a real person last month. Then, suddenly, a real woman popped on the line & was very helpful. It seems the more money these companies make for their shareholders the lesser service we their customers receive.

Removing glasses because I’m nearsighted & then spending 10 minutes trying to find said glasses. Which I can’t find because I’m nearsighted.
Same here. Almost a daily occurrence. I try to put my glasses in a set of precise places, but still mislay them. And, as said, sometimes I'll be looking right at them, but not be able to see them there.

But that's only when I'm pretending to be Clark Kent, of course.

Same here. Almost a daily occurrence. I try to put my glasses in a set of precise places, but still mislay them. And, as said, sometimes I'll be looking right at them, but not be able to see them there.

But that's only when I'm pretending to be Clark Kent, of course.
Exactly. I put my glasses in their “safe place”, but that was the last place I looked.

Comcast is getting really bad with this. I had almost given up trying to talk to a real person last month. Then, suddenly, a real woman popped on the line & was very helpful. It seems the more money these companies make for their shareholders the lesser service we their customers receive.
I found out that some of these automated phone systems can be bypassed by saying a specific word like "Operator", "Supervisor", or "Disconnect". It doesn't work for all of them, but sometimes I've been able to get out of the revolving automated system with one of these words.

If I'm only removing my glasses for a few minutes, I just move them over my forehead so I can easily find them when I'm done. If it's more than a few minutes, I have a specific place on my desk where I usually leave them so I can find them quickly.

But I recently had eye surgery on both eyes for cataracts, and my vision is much better than it used to be. I don't need my glasses for close-up reading or using the computer, but I still need them for just about everything else. I can almost watch TV from across the room without my glasses now, (in a small room), but before the surgery, I could barely see the TV if I was standing two feet in front of it. (I don't mean watch a TV show, but just see the physical TV set.)

My YouTube feed seem to have been overtaken/sabotaged by crappy American news shows and morning show snippets and I don't know how the duck as I really try to get my news across a broad spectrum and the US mainstream media is the last place I look but having seen some here and thereout of laziness if nothing else, YouTube now assumes I want news first from the likes of Anderson Cooper, if I have to listen to this creepy ducker say "details" again I'm gonna slice my English ears off. It's "deeeee-tails" not "da-tails" stop trying to sound sophisticated you stupid duck.

Exactly. So why should someone be annoyed by it?
They can be annoyed by it, that's fine. It's just thinking that everyone who does so does it for attention that's wrong.

They can be annoyed by it, that's fine. It's just thinking that everyone who does so does it for attention that's wrong.
It's easy to be annoyed at something that's perceived as being intentional or inconsiderate because it's unnecessary... but most people don't get annoyed at purely natural or uncontrollable things (like multiple sneezes).

Perhaps understanding that repetitive sneezing is actually more common than single sneezing may help decrease the annoyance by learning people aren't doing it intentionally.

(Plus, intentional sneezing would mean someone is fake sneezing and I've always found that real sneezes are rather difficult for most people to fake - so learning to differentiate between a real & natural sneeze and a fake one may also help.)

Unless, perhaps, the person maybe suffers from misophonia - which is a mental disorder that causes some people to become hypersensitive & unable to cope with certain types of sounds.

I found out that some of these automated phone systems can be bypassed by saying a specific word like "Operator", "Supervisor", or "Disconnect". It doesn't work for all of them, but sometimes I've been able to get out of the revolving automated system with one of these words.

If I'm only removing my glasses for a few minutes, I just move them over my forehead so I can easily find them when I'm done. If it's more than a few minutes, I have a specific place on my desk where I usually leave them so I can find them quickly.

But I recently had eye surgery on both eyes for cataracts, and my vision is much better than it used to be. I don't need my glasses for close-up reading or using the computer, but I still need them for just about everything else. I can almost watch TV from across the room without my glasses now, (in a small room), but before the surgery, I could barely see the TV if I was standing two feet in front of it. (I don't mean watch a TV show, but just see the physical TV set.)
Will try those words next time. Sometimes, but not always, hitting O several times works.

I can’t put my glasses on my head because my hair is very shiny & they would slide right off & break.

My YouTube feed seem to have been overtaken/sabotaged by crappy American news shows and morning show snippets and I don't know how the duck as I really try to get my news across a broad spectrum and the US mainstream media is the last place I look but having seen some here and thereout of laziness if nothing else, YouTube now assumes I want news first from the likes of Anderson Cooper, if I have to listen to this creepy ducker say "details" again I'm gonna slice my English ears off. It's "deeeee-tails" not "da-tails" stop trying to sound sophisticated you stupid duck.
Don’t think Cooper is trying anything. He’s American & some Americans pronounce it that way.

When the elevator is out of service and I have to walk 11 flights of stairs.
Recent article in The NY Times was about elevator failures in brand-new luxury buildings in Manhattan. One poor young nurse after a 12 hour shift had to walk up FORTY-EIGHT flights to her apartment when the elevator was out - again.