Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I really like this one! A sacrilege to compare to Lynch, in my view, but it sits in that niche of ‘80s teen films that were legitimately morbid, which I’d argue Twin Peaks isn’t.

What did you think in the end?

It has that morbid almost satire of drama.I just meant the quirkiness reminded me of lynch I thought it was entertaining but not that deep or dark.

Never seen twin peaks btw : )

The Eiger Sanction, is one of Clint's best movies,fabulous witty script, biautiful location's, outstanding acting,and a incredible John Williams score, it's in my top 50 best ever movies ever made, I wish Clint had made a series of movie's with the same character,he's a different Clint in this,very James Bond,theirs so many great scenes in the film,I personally liked the firs half the best,but overall, a perfect movie for a Sunday viewing.
t

It has that morbid almost satire of drama.I just meant the quirkiness reminded me of lynch I thought it was entertaining but not that deep or dark.

Never seen twin peaks btw : )
Your assessment is spot-on as far as I’m concerned. Funny how some ‘80s films feel really simplistic now.

You ought to give Twin Peaks a try, it’s a masterpiece and far more quirky.

The Eiger Sanction is one of Clint's best movies, fabulous script,some of Clint's best one liners, gorgeous locations,outstanding supporting cast,and one of the best scores ever by Jony Williams.The first part of the movie is the best,very James Bond,I wish Clint had done a series of movie's like this with the Hemlock character.

An unusual poster, showing cleavage from the BOTTOM!..

This is actually a pretty tawdry theme for that era. I recall seeing it in the theater in 1950. As a 6 year old kid, I was shocked at the treachery, but wowed by Samson's comeback and superhuman strength. Victor Mature was at the peak of his career, even though he always said he couldn't act..

Have any recommendations?
Off the top of my head:

Over the Edge (1983)
Class of 1984 (1982)
Bad Boys (1983)
Suburbia (1983)
Heathers (1988) - not on par with the above, but still. And River’s Edge itself.

1983 really seems to be the year for the sort of thing I’m talking about.

I was also thinking of Massacre at Central High, but that’s from 1976.

Also, perhaps, Near Dark (1987) qualifies, but I don’t like it much, and to me it’s not morbid.

England vs. Germany.