🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

Thoughts on Assignment: Earth? It's an odd one for sure. It's hard to say whether it's good or bad because it's a backdoor pilot. For a pilot, it gets the job done, but as a Star Trek episode, it's in the okay to pretty good range. I like Robert Lansing as Gary Seven because he has screen presence and charisma to spare, and while he's basically an American Doctor Who - he even has a sonic screwdriver-like device - I would have watched his show. Again, it's hard to rate it as a Star Trek episode, especially since there's no reason for anyone from that series to be in it. Their involvement is mostly incidental and amounts to "so, that Gary Seven, what a guy huh?" With that said, it's too bad the series was never produced or that Gary never showed up again because he would have been a heck of a recurring character.
Have to agree with all that. I wish they had made it into a series, Robert Lansing has plenty of charisma as you say...and I'd really liked to have seen Terri Garr in that series too. BTW Terri Garr gets my vote for one of the cutest ST guest stars.

Have to agree with all that. I wish they had made it into a series, Robert Lansing has plenty of charisma as you say...and I'd really liked to have seen Terri Garr in that series too. BTW Terri Garr gets my vote for one of the cutest ST guest stars.
I also loved Teri Garr in it. She apparently did not love being in the episode because Gene Roddenberry insisted that her skirt be so short, her underwear showed. I mean, it was the '60s, but that makes me wonder about the guy.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I also loved Teri Garr in it. She apparently did not leave being in the episode because Gene Roddenberry insisted that her skirt be so short, her underwear showed. I mean, it was the '60s, but that makes me wonder about the guy.
Wonder no more. Gene Roddenberry loved women which accounts for all the short skirts and scantily clad women. He had good taste. He even had an affair with Nichelle Nichols who was occasionally seen walking around half naked in his office.

That's William Marshall, who was in The Ultimate Computer. Kids of the '80s like me also might know him as the King of Cartoons from Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

That's William Marshall, who was in The Ultimate Computer. Kids of the '80s like me also might know him as the King of Cartoons from Pee-Wee's Playhouse.
Very good!

Your good with names. I would have had to look that up.

Your good with names. I would have had to look that up.
Well, I did get a little help from IMDB.

That episode has the scariest death, doesn't it? The technician who the computer phasers out of existence without warning, that is. Then again, being turned to styrofoam and crushed like the poor redshirt in By Any Other Name is also no picnic.

That episode has the scariest death, doesn't it? The technician who the computer phasers out of existence without warning, that is.
Yeah, I think you're right. Like pow he's gone.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The last two movies I watched were both older films and it was kinda cool as each had a ST TOS guest star in them.

What episode was he in?

He looks familiar, (He has pretty distinct eyebrows.), but I can't seem to place him from that picture. My guess is he's in a 3rd season episode because those are some of the worst episodes, so I watch them the least.

Can you post a different picture without that weird expression on his face?

He looks familiar, (He has pretty distinct eyebrows.), but I can't seem to place him from that picture. My guess is he's in a 3rd season episode because those are some of the worst episodes, so I watch them the least.

Can you post a different picture without that weird expression on his face?
The funny thing is, he reminds me of the holographic Doctor on Voyager!