French film mystery !?!?

Tools    

I’m trying to figure out what this movie was I saw a long time ago (late 90s.) it was playing sometime after midnight on the IFC. I always tried to stay up late to watch those late night IFC movies as a pre teen because they were always so weird and cool, and usually had lots of naked people on them. And this movie definitely had lots of nudity.
So from what I can remember, it was maybe set during the 40s, but I can’t be sure. The quality of the picture makes me think it was probably made in the 80s, maybe early 90s.
As for plot, it seems like it was about a french lady who was experiencing some kind of sexual awakening. She was having sex with a lot of different people. The one scene I can pretty clearly remember was where she and a bearded man are the models for a nude art class. And I’m pretty sure there’s another scene where she has sex with a fancy dressed lady on a dinner table.

That’s about all I can remember. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Given that you mention ‘sexual awakening’, ‘Emmanuelle’ (1974) with Sylvia Kristel seems to be a possible choice. Check out the original and the 1975 sequel. I don’t remember the nude modelling for an art class scene, but it could be it. Personally I’d be hard pressed to think of something with a lot of nudity set in the ‘40s.

yea, i did stumble upon Emmanuelle in my internet search after i made this thread. it doesn't seem to me to be that movie, based on the picture i saw of the actress, but apparently there are quite a few sequels, so it may be one of them.
you're right about the 40s thing. it was probably more likely set during the 60s or 70s.

thanks for the input! this has actually driven me crazy for years, it keeps popping up in my head every so often so i finally decided to do this forum thing.

still searching!

Jean-Jacques Annaud's The Lover (1992) starring Jane March & Tony Ka Fai Leung?

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Delta of Venus