Russian Language Hall of Fame

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Brazil has been on fire lately. Elections and their repercussions are going crazy here, I have not watched Ivan yet, I'm going to watch (finally huh?) tonight or tomorrow (it's a holiday)! I'll send my list monday morning, is that okay? If not, let me know and I'll find a way!
Monday is fine

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
All the votes are in except for mine, I'll finish watching Leviathan this weekend and get the results up on either Sunday or Monday.
Sweet, look forward to it man!

No time soon, but a Japanese one would be cool.

I didn't finish Leviathan, so you can either consider my nom in or out. It didn't win, so I guess it's whatever. Sorry, I didn't finish up, guys. I won't keep y'all waiting any longer.

8th Place - 17 Points
Planeta bur

Highest vote: 3rd place

Tie 4th Place - 30 Points
Ballad of a Soldier

Highest Vote: 3rd Place (x2)

Tie 4th Place - 30 Points
Visitor of a Museum

Highest Vote: 1st Place

Thanks @jiraffejustin for hosting this. It was a nice slower paced Hof, like how Russian cinema is paced I'm glad I joined as I got to see a bunch of Russian classics that I would have not seen otherwise.

Happy to see Solaris win, but surprised Stalker came in at #3. I expected those two to finish 1,2 and in any order.

This is my voting list:

1 Solaris (1971)
2 Stalker (1979)
3 Ballad of a Soldier (1959)
4 The Cranes Are Flying (1957)
5 Planeta bur (1962)
6 Leviathan (2014)
7 My Friend Ivan Lapshin (1985)
8 Visitor of a Museum (1989)

I think all of the movies were noteworthy noms.

I knew Planeta Bur would finish last when I decided to nominate it, so there's no surprise there haha. Here was my list:

01. The Cranes are Flying
02. Solaris
03. Planeta Bur
04. Visitor of a Museum
05. Stalker
06. Ballad of a Soldier
07. Leviathan
08. My Friend Ivan Lapshin

Thanks for hosting JJ! I wouldn't have minded waiting a bit longer since you only had one film left, but I assume you made the best decision for you, so don't worry about it. Hopefully we'll see you in future HoFs if you have the time.