Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Die Another Day 2/5 (2002)
Haha I loved Die Another Day. It's so over-the-top.

He's Out There (2018) - 7/10

A mix between The Collector (2009) and The Strangers (2008). Not particularly original but decent for a horror film not released in theaters. I liked the mask the antagonist wore and it didn't hurt too have Yvonne Strahovski fine tail in it. The two young children are also great especially the youngest Abigail Pniowsky - she was amazing.

movies can be okay...
This has been on my watchlist for years but my general dislike to Haneke's films has kept me from watching it. One day I will (and hopefully it'll be a Haneke film I can enjoy).
To be honest, if you haven't liked any Haneke, you probably won't like this one either, since he definitely keeps the same energy, tone, and everything that's "Haneke", from the rest of his films. I will say that The White Ribbon is his best film, when it comes to visuals and cinematography.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

I've only seen Hidden and The Piano Teacher – both very good.
Yeah SeeingisBelieving...Cache/Hidden is a really powerful film and takes mystery on a prosaic but poignant course. Auteuil is magnificent.

movies can be okay...

Ingmar Bergman said about this film:

"But Balthazar was so boring, I slept through it. This Balthazar, I didn’t understand a word of it, it was so completely boring. A donkey, to me, is completely uninteresting, but a human being is always interesting."

To me, the other way around. Loved the donkey scenes but the human beings, meh. I felt this film was going on forever but it's only 95ish minutes long... really wanted to like this film.

I haaated this back when I've first seen it. I partially agree with both of you and Bergman, since I thought both the humans (which honestly were just cardboards, but that's Bresson for you, so whatever) and the donkey, and pretty much the entire "story", were all painfully uninteresting.

Stranger than Fiction
(2006)

A rewatch, but the first time watching since I've been married haha. I loved this movie back when I was single, and it still has the same emotional impact on me now. Very unique script that became just as good of a movie. A tragedy with some comedic parts mixed in, and it showed Will Ferrell is a spectacular actor even outside of comedy roles. Maggie Gyllenhaal was excellent as well.

A Quiet Place - Late to the party with this one. I had obviously heard of the Oscar buzz before I watched it and had reasonably high expectations. Performances were solid across the board and the story, while simple, was completely unique. It was incredibly tense in parts, but I wasn't as immersed in the film as I had hoped. Maybe I missed the boat with not watching it in the cinema.

In any case, worth a watch.

Yeah SeeingisBelieving...Cache/Hidden is a really powerful film and takes mystery on a prosaic but poignant course. Auteuil is magnificent.
My favourite actor – and Juliette Binoche is no slouch .

movies can be okay...
The Headless Woman by Lucrecia Martel -

After loving what I got from La Ciénaga, Lucrecia Martel decides to take slow pace to a whole other level. Despite my liking for all of the showcased thematic aspects, such as the contrast between classes in Argentina, along with the bourgeois guilt, and so long and so forth...It's all been done before, and in a better way. The lead was pretty fantastic though, with her little is more manner of performing her paranoid character. Overall, pretty good, but for such a short film, I felt every second of it.

Play by Ruben Östlund -

I loved how frustrated I kept feeling throughout the film, which was the intended effect. It reminded me of my experience with Matteo Garrone's Reality (a different but better movie, that I would highly recommend). I guess Play would be a more fleshed out and focused portion of the director's latest movie, since every thematic element that is present here, is also present in The Square. By being that, it becomes too on the nose at times, and especially during the ending. It was nice seeing Östlund's development from Involuntary (an earlier entry by him that I've seen recently and enjoyed) to his Palme D'Or winning feature, but Force Majeure still remains my favourite of his.

Hereditary by Ari Aster -

Oh, I can't wait to watch this again, especially with the countless little details scattered all around, that will be easier to pick up on and enjoy with multiple viewings. It's still extremely enjoyable and effective throughout the first watch, despite me not fully grasping the story and the happenings, and only getting the gist of it. The family's dynamics and struggles are my favourite aspects of the film, especially with Toni Collette delivering a 10/10 performance, while her castmates are not that far behind her either. Definitely deserving of the hype.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
[quote=Marco;1941876]

Rewatch.
Doris Day isn't beautiful (awful hair) but very charming.

I'd quibble with this description of Doris
That's ok. The most meant her hair in this particular movie. During watching the movie I wanted to brush her

The Glass Menagerie (1950)

“In memory everything seems to happen to music.”

Hereditary (2018)

Quite good and atmospheric, kept me interested on a dull bank holiday. The cast were all good and the pay-off spooky enough to feel like a well rounded film. Nothing massively novel so a 6/10.

BANNED
i like all of these movies that ive seen recently

Uncle Drew
Ready Player One
Wrinkle In Time
Blakkklansman
Project X
Hardflip

p

Di je Karlo?

ZG80 (2016) - 82/100

It's like if The Warriors was a comedy, and a damn good one. Krpa's as funny as always, though this time other characters also get their share of quotables. If you liked Anchorman and the Big Lebowski you'll definitely like this.

Favourite line: Karamo se, gospođo. Hoćete i vi s nama? (We're ****ing, madam. Would you like to join us?)