MOFO Survivor XI Money Game - Trapped in Space

Tools    

Here's a few more notes about the transmissions challenge:

The "-" in #2 is actually part of the word and not a typo, however in your answer you may omit it or supply a space in its place without losing points.

While the image for #8 was correct, in its transcription the word break (/) was one space to the left of where it should be. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. It has since been fixed.

If you are uncertain about any aspect of the challenge, feel free to ask for clarification. If you ask nicely, I may even give you a hint.

Meanwhile, as Doctor TONGO stands atop his tower......

"Tis' a pity I cannot indulge like my Latverian citizens who are able to simply gaze upward and see magnificence. There is rumor many have forgotten theres a sun in the sky.

Now which reward shall I choose....."

The Reward: The crew member who decodes the most transmissions correctly can choose one of the following rewards:

1. A Blood Test Kit - While seemingly innocuous at the moment, this device may save your life at a later date.
"I'm always fond of these mystery prizes. Theyre even more enticing when you can bid on them. Then after getting stung a couple times with a plate of fried chicken they wince when its presented again. Because......MAYBE this is the good mystery prize, and you dont want to pass it up, but if not......"

"Few players recall big pots they have won -- strange as it seems -- but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career." - Jack King

2. A Clue to an Immunity Idol - When used in combination with the previous clues, the idol's whereabouts should become abundantly clear.
"Oh ho-ho! Yes this cruelty is why Survivor is called Survivor. Offer a clue to an item already found! Ha! I approve.

Now Im going to .....volunteer my services as a Technical Advisor......"

https://nerdist.com/doctor-doom-film...r-noah-hawley/

May I please, please, pretty please with cherries and sugar top have a clue for 12 and 15 madam?
You wouldn't be referencing food if you knew the contents of #15.

As for #12, I'm sure the warden of the MoFo Penitentiary would recognize it right away.

The Transmissions Challenge is Over.

HashtagBrownies has correctly decrypted every transmission and achieved a perfect score. As a reward for your hard work Hashtag, please choose whether you would like the Blood Test Kit, or a Clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol.

Here are the answers:

PART A
: While not necessary to descramble the words, these were all references to or quotes from video games with a sci-fi theme.

01. Equal rights for Androids (Detroit: Become Human)

02. Half-Life 3 Confirmed (Half-Life)

03. This is my favourite store on the Citadel (Mass Effect)

04. The cake is a lie (Portal)

05. Deus Ex Human Revolution (Deus Ex)

PART B: These were all titles of sci-fi TV series.

06. The Expanse

07. Firefly

08. Altered Carbon

09. Andromeda

10. Almost Human

Part C: These are all famous quotes from sci-fi films. Each letter was replaced by the letters next to it in the alphabet.

11. "I'm afraid I can't do that." 2 letters out (2001: A Space Odyssey)

12. "Get away from her, you bitch!" 1 letter out (Aliens)

13. "Klaatu Barada Nikto." 1 letter out (The Day the Earth Stood Still)

14. "I'll be back." 2 letters out (Terminator 2)

15. "Soylent Green is People!" 2 letters early (Soylent Green)

I think I'll take the clue, I can kinda see where they're adding up.
Clue sent. Good luck

"Tis' a pity I cannot indulge like my Latverian citizenswho are able to simply gaze upward and see magnificence. There is rumor many have forgotten theres a sun in the sky."
Well. I just need to gaze at eye level to see your....magnificence.

Nobody forgets there are jewels in the dungeons.