animated movie with a clumsy inventor!

Tools    

I remember this animated movie (unsure if its a disney movie or not), but i can't find it anywhere. I don't remember much about it, but I do remember the main character being a (kind of obnoxious) rich girl who lived in a huge house. A clumsy inventor worked for her and her father, and I remember him sitting in a chair fastened to the library shelves to make it easier to grab books, since by a few buttons he could make it move anywhere on the shelve (But it didnt work). I almost remember a scene from the movie where he trips or something and destroys something important, which result in the main girl becoming furious with him. They end up together at the end of the movie. There is also another man who liked her, but she didn't like him the same way. He was the antagonist of the movie, and played with dark magic. I believe three witches helped him with the magic part. Near the end he uses so much magic that he grows huge and is almost troll looking.
Does this sound familiar?
(I think theres a scene where the main girl and the inventor had to jump on bubbles to get somewhere)

I don't know what this is but it sounds like something I would watch. Hope somebody gets it.