Snapshots of History.

Tools    

Nope. (Lol I can hear your harrumph from down under)

I dunno why, somehow I' m still stuck in cryptic. Maybe I'm just not able to fly with these 'modern' type clues; maybe I' m lost in a bygone era. This happened in an Island in the Indian Ocean. Must have been a sight to see.

I wish I could be less cryptic, I realize some of these clues are for the birds.

I am about to hit the sack so oblique hints this late are doing in my head along with my vanishing pics.

I did post earlier that you are in your summer.. not spring. Is that correct? We are having our first winter alpine snows.

Well you did a fine job unearthing the correct answer @GulfportDoc! Yes, it was the last sighting of the poor flightless Dodo. Like the creatures of the Galápagos, these birds had been so isolated from people, they had no fear of humans and would walk right up to anyone. Alas.

Lewis Carroll featured the Dodo in Alice in Wonderland, and it is thought he meant the bird to represent himself- I guess he felt he belonged to a bygone era too.

Good job GD - take a turn.

Thanks, Lenslady. I was almost hoping I was wrong, since it's tricky to come up with pertinent interesting historical photos.

What is the significance of this Chicago building?

Thanks, Lenslady. I was almost hoping I was wrong, since it's tricky to come up with pertinent interesting historical photos.

What is the significance of this Chicago building?

first hi-rise built in the windy city.

Ha! You ham bone...
Me thinks you're making you own jokes there I actually was referring to the optical quality of a lens when it's tilted upwards to take a photo of a tall object such as a sky scraper, which then distorts the image.

I don't know why, but I want to guess it's some famous newspaper building? (When I hear Chicago, I think of famous newspapers).
or
Chicago Police Headquarters (and Elliot Ness is somewhere inside)?

It was the world's first skyscraper, and also the first steel framed building. The Home Insurance building was erected in Chicago in 1885 with 10 stories. Two more floors were added in 1891.

The building was demolished in 1931, ironically the year that work was completed on the Empire State Building.

Spookie was closest, so it's his turn...

~Doc

Josephine Baker, but not sure what else you are looking for.

It's a coal mining town in Whales. I don't know it's name.
Of course it is. Unlike you I looked but did not see orson.. Did not 100 + Welsh children perish when this coal slag heap subsided crashing down onto their school.