Harvey Weinstein Fired!!

Tools    

That's precisely the point. The topic is touchy, and therefore once a girl says she was molested, people simply believe her, and while most of these reveals are true, in that giant swarm of them that poped up lately, there are some false accussations, too. If you said Weinstein molested you as well, most people would believe you. And you could even do it anonymously.

Besides show-business is built around constructs that allow a person to get advantage by a certain chain of "acquaintances", and lets not kid ourselves, big guys in the business know this and use this to their advantage. So do little guys, to gain the advantage of the big guys. It doesn't mean that all big guys do it. It doesn't mean that all little guys do it. But it's there. And it will be that way. And this is nothing new at all, and not exclusive to Hollywood either.

You (and many people) take all this too one-sidedly. The world in not black and white, you know.

Okay, ma'am. I will not dare speaking about such topics in the future. And in case I'm not sure whether I am allowed to, I will seek your direct permission.
I don’t think there are swarms of girls waiting to make false accusations to try and cash in. And by just saying ‘this is what many big important men do’, that excuses behaviour. Coercing actresses into a sexual relationship in order to progress their career should not be accepted as ‘the way things are’.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Coercing actresses into a sexual relationship in order to progress their career should not be accepted as ‘the way things are’.
Of course it shouldn't. But it is. Unofficially.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Of course it shouldn't. But it is. Unofficially.
And thats what the campaigns have been about from the word go - to smash thatr old boys' club attitude and do away with the bs cone of silence. In some countries the same attitlde is held by people in positions of power over children. Does a smiley face make that any better?

Oh my sweet lime pie. Rose McGowan has dropped a bombshell on Harvey. That mongrel without a soul.

What a beautiful, strong eloquent woman she has become. You.Go.Rose!

Oh my sweet lime pie. Rose McGowan has dropped a bombshell on Harvey. That mongrel without a soul.

What a beautiful, strong eloquent woman she has become. You.Go.Rose!
what do you think of Quentin Tarantino ? he is even more evil than Harvey Weinstein in my opinion in terms of spreading misogyny...Harvey does it to people around him...this guy spreads it to millions through his movies..i know its just movies and not reality but for a 15 yr old who watches his movies all the way to his 20s..dont you think certain part of them is effected by his movies ?

Are you being tongue in cheek here or are you seriously implying Tarantino making bloody movies is more of an issue then a monster like Weinstein raping women and destroying their careers if they dont give him what he wants?

what do you think of Quentin Tarantino ? he is even more evil than Harvey Weinstein in my opinion in terms of spreading misogyny...Harvey does it to people around him...this guy spreads it to millions through his movies..i know its just movies and not reality but for a 15 yr old who watches his movies all the way to his 20s..dont you think certain part of them is effected by his movies ?
Can you give me some examples? I'm not a super Tarantino fan ie: I only got into his style quite recently with IB and DU. The movies of his I saw prior to that I cant even tell you what they're about. DU for me was written in the style of the westerns I grew up with as a little girl. You know, where women swooned and men gathered them up and rode into the sunset.

I think your question is deserving of its own thread, aron. Culture impacting movies-v- movies impacting culture. It's a really good topic. This thread is specifically about the Weinstein Effect. It's up to the OP if you hijack their thread,matey. It's a very good question.

What harm can he really do after the first 15 years of cartoon viewing?

What harm can he really do after the first 15 years of cartoon viewing?
you would think so..but in reality ideas form at that age...there is a reason why wolf of wall-street made 292 million world wide and 100 million in US...people were turned off by it in US because of 2008 financial crisis and all the controversy since the movie is set in US and English. But in other countries its viewed as this success story of this guy with ambition doing whatever it takes as long he gets what he wants and 15 yr olds are easily attracted to ambitious guys and it becomes even more appealing if they breaking law to achieve it. One condition is the guy has to look attractive. I think this concept deserves its own thread.

What does this
you would think so..but in reality ideas form at that age..

have to do with this?

there is a reason why wolf of wall-street made 292 million world wide and 100 million in US...people were turned off by it in US because of 2008 financial crisis and all the controversy since the movie is set in US and English. But in other countries its viewed as this success story of this guy with ambition doing whatever it takes as long he gets what he wants and 15 yr olds are easily attracted to ambitious guys and it becomes even more appealing if they breaking law to achieve it. One condition is the guy has to look attractive. I think this concept deserves its own thread.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
On children: If you try hard enough even the most innocent children's cartoon can be misunderstood and lead to a tragedy. That's where parents enter with their responsibility to enlight the youth and straightforwardly tell them what's good and what's wrong, and above all that fiction can't be taken literally.

On teenagers: I think too little credit is given to teenagers. They are not little children anymore, but even little children are often much more intelligent and understand more than you'd think. Sure, there are heaps of them real morons, but again if parents cared about them, and actually spoke to them when they were children, they would know better. It's not like every teenager, even if a moron, will massacre everybody at school after playing Postal 2, or watching a blood-coated film. You can't blame knife producers somebody used their product to kill a person. You can't blame a pastor whose misundersood sermon led a zealot to kill people.

because you think a 40 yr italian speaking man is looking forward to an american movie ? i
Yes.

Are you about to make this about DiCaprio?
By arguing that The Wolf of Wall Street was made for teenagers, no less.

But yeah, don't be that guy who tries to awkwardly pivot every conversation back to their favorite topic. When you do that, you're not having a dialogue: you're looking for places to inject your monologue.

because you think a 40 yr italian speaking man is looking forward to an american movie ? its the teenagers who look forward to a movie like this....

*slaps knee*

Are you about to make this about DiCaprio?

But yeah, don't be that guy who tries to awkwardly pivot every conversation back to their favorite topic. When you do that, you're not having a dialogue: you're looking for places to inject your monologue.
I'm still trying so figure out how evil Tarantino is fitting in with this hostile Leo takeover. Unless the bit part he had in one of his movies is worth all this flap about bending young minds. In the Weinstein thread. #2

@Saunch its on you..i dont pivot like that..its just the movie i refer to

@Saunch its on you..i dont pivot like that..its just the movie i refer to
Yes you do. You've done it right here in this thread.

Interesting it's all gone quiet again. Especially after Cosby's conviction.I like the quiet before the storms, or in the wenstein effect, between the storms. Gives me time to catch a breath and regroup before the next one.