Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Weird is relative.
@MijaFrost, did you enjoy it? It’s getting some great reviews.
I did. I hadn't known much about the film going into it, only that it was by the same director of In the Loop which I thought was great when I saw it back in 2009 (witty, biting humor, political satire, etc). Anyway, this new movie of Armando Iannucci was a little darker than I expected, as it didn't shy away from the grimness of the time period with the constant arrests and random killings as dictated by Stalin, but since it takes a more lighthearted approach there were a lot of laughs from the audience members at the showing I witnessed. I also thought it was funny at times.
My rating would be ★★★★ (out of 5).

Weird is relative.
For the Foreign Language HoF:

La Haine (1995)

So yeah, I'm going to be ogling the young Vincent Cassal for the next hour-and-a-half.

Phoenix (2014)
For the Foreign Language Hall of Fame

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

I found Home by Yann Arthus-Bertrand to be an extraordinary film. Photographing the planet from above, he created a visual hymn to its poetry, and a commentary on the impact of human activity.

so I will next be watching;

Planet Ocean - 2012
Yann Arthus-Bertrand and Michael Pitiot

Weird is relative.
In the cinema:

Ready Player One (2018)

Good one. Seen it a million times.

Weird is relative.
For the Foreign Language HoF:

Benny's Video (1992)

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)

movies can be okay...
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke