This is the best scene in james bond history to me

Tools    

i agree with you on what you said, i love license to kill aswell, its one of the most down to earth james bond outings ever, and i have to say, i have a fond place for timothy dalton playing bond especially in this one, it s a dark out of the ordinary film if u rate it in the james bond characteristics of films, certainly in my top 5 ever
Yeah it's darker and yet they're still hanging on to the feel of the tail end of Moore. There are characteristic Bond quips but so under the radar, chiefly because of Dalton's underplayed style (which I like). My favourite is "At least someone's on the case" . I also love it when Bond headbutts Benicio del Toro's Dario . And Robert Davi's great.

I think more often than not the better films have that one "big bad", with minor heavies supporting them. The Living Daylights gives you several villains that end up seeming a bit anaemic, which is something that GoldenEye got right; all those baddies were at least interesting and Bond could finally reinvent itself properly. It was a great reboot.

Nice clip, DGB. That's the great Clifton James as the sheriff. He also played the jailer, "Carr", in Cool Hand Luke. A very strong character actor who was good in just about anything he did. Good sequence!

~Doc
Thanks, Doc. I loved Clifton James. He played a law official of some sort in lots of movies and shows. He played the same kind of redneck sheriff in Superman II. And he's great as J.W. Pepper. He reappeared in The Man With the Golden Gun. He got to tag along with Bond as they chased Scaramanga (Christopher Lee).

There was some disagreement among fans as to whether they should have used the slide whistle during the jump but it didn't bother me at all. The jump was amazing enough that I never really noticed it the first few times.

I liked in The Spy Who Loved Me when the Lotus came out of the water on the beach and Bond drops a fish out the window with a wry look on his face.

Licence to Kill is my favorite of the two Dalton Bond movies. Lots of good character actors in that one. I liked Anthony Zerbe in it, and his fate in the decompression chamber was fairly heinous.

Yoda, that's a great clip from Moonraker. I liked how when Bond went up on land in the gondola how the villains in the boat just sat there staring without firing.

Larry, I love the opening to Goldeneye also. My wife and I were in the cinema watching Bond bungee jumping down the incredibly tall dam, and without realizing the humor in my statement, I said, "Damn!" My wife was snickering for a few seconds till I realized what I'd said and I joined in. The remaining sequence up till the "catching the plane" was awesome and one of the best Bond openings, so I can see why you dig it, Larry.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Larry, I love the opening to Goldeneye also. My wife and I were in the cinema watching Bond bungee jumping down the incredibly tall dam, and without realizing the humor in my statement, I said, "Damn!" My wife was snickering for a few seconds till I realized what I'd said and I joined in. The remaining sequence up till the "catching the plane" was awesome and one of the best Bond openings, so I can see why you dig it, Larry.
Haha I’m glad. I think we share a few favourites. Obviously you have good taste lol

Licence to Kill is my favorite of the two Dalton Bond movies. Lots of good character actors in that one. I liked Anthony Zerbe in it, and his fate in the decompression chamber was fairly heinous.
Yeah it's nasty isn't it? As sadism goes, Sanchez is right up there.

That opening's like a blend of The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker openings really isn't it? I thought it was good that Eric Serra held back on the Bond theme at the end as well. I really liked his score for GoldenEye.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
After watching Moonraker again, I have to say one of the best Bond moments is the centrifuge chamber sequence.

After watching Moonraker again, I have to say one of the best Bond moments is the centrifuge chamber sequence.
Yeah, I love that. I think Roger Moore's acting when Bond comes out of the centrifuge is brilliant. There is a lot in Moonraker that I like.

Yeah, I love that. I think Roger Moore's acting when Bond comes out of the centrifuge is brilliant. There is a lot in Moonraker that I like.
i like that scene aswell, but to me this lotus diving and becoming a submarine is just icing on the cake

Not sure why I am not the biggest fan of the Lotus diving. Even though I kind of like The Spy Who Loved Me, I didn't like the action sequences in it as much, but then again, for some reason the 70s Bond films, the action wasn't as good as before or after, for some reason.

The Moonraker ending is a gem.

- Houston calling, confirm your position!

- M: My God, what's Bond doing?
- Q: I think he's attempting re-entry, sir.

Desmond Llewelyn's Q is probably my all-time favourite Bond character.

This was Q's best moment of the whole series IMO.

Thanks, Doc. I loved Clifton James. He played a law official of some sort in lots of movies and shows. He played the same kind of redneck sheriff in Superman II. And he's great as J.W. Pepper. He reappeared in The Man With the Golden Gun. He got to tag along with Bond as they chased Scaramanga (Christopher Lee).

One of my favorites also, I especially like the part where Bond wakes up in the martial arts training village and laugh my ass off every time at the way he wins his first fight/challenge.

So many great James Bond moments, hard to pick your absolute favorite.