Difference between cult and mainstream?

Tools    

looking for opinions and answers on difference between both. Need secondary sources for research for uni pls help!!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Mainstream is what everybody knows. Boring stuff made by boring people to make boring money. It's made for the masses, and it's well known, because it's well advertised. If you're edgy you can also claim it's always worse than non-mainstream stuff.

Cult (also spelled "KVLT") is everything cool people like most. It's not mainstream, so your average Joe won't know it, the normie. If he does, then the thing is not kvlt enough, and you have to find an even "kvlter" thing. Example: KVLT black metal must be recorded on the worst microphone system possible (high quality audio is good for mainstream c*nts), and be only released on a limited number of cassettes (preferably less than 100). Cult films are films I better not talk about, because according to my definition, they'd stop being cult if I talked about them, and many people read about it here.

To be taken with a grain of salt.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

“I was cured, all right!”
KVLT black metal must be recorded on the worst microphone system possible (high quality audio is good for mainstream c*nts), and be only released on a limited number of cassettes (preferably less than 100). Cult films are films I better not talk about, because according to my definition, they'd stop being cult if I talked about them, and many people read about it here.

To be taken with a grain of salt.
Lmao

First: I've merged your two threads together. One thread should be enough.

Second, the question is far too broad to be answered meaningfully. Please be more specific.

Third, a fair warning: we got a lot of homework requests like this, and most of the people here aren't nuts about them. If you want to mitigate that, and increase your chances of getting meaningful responses, it helps a lot to actually start and shepherd a discussion along. If you just post the question and ask people to answer it, people don't respond as well to that, since it feels like you're just the middleman for the work.