The Women Directors Hall of Fame

Tools    

Overall just a very entertaining and engaging movie. It was a great idea to adapt this autobiography, as this story is really original. The performances were fine, the soundtrack was fine. The emotional moments worked well. I liked the characters. The foreskin scenes made me cringe so hard OMG. The final scene was very nice.

I don't really have anything to say about this film, as I feel like every element was 'good' and there's nothing that stood out to me. My only other criticism is that the sex scene is hilariously unrealistic, almost cartoonish. The film does look like it was just filmed on sets, but that's not a particular issue.

Nice nom Justin.

+ (Not sure if it deserves an 8 or not yet).

@edarsenal @jiraffejustin @HashtagBrownies @jal90 @Yam12

Ten days left (pretty much), i'd start thinking about finishing now as i don't want to extend this anymore since we already had two extra weeks.

Yam, i know you aren't going to finish but please just come back to the site. You didn't finish one HoF it's cool, i know me calling you out is why you haven't posted and i feel like sht, sorry. It's fine, i'll not mention this to you i promise.

Camo, I don't answer because (and you know it) I'm already aware of the deadline, I understand your urges and if you want to finish now that's your choice as the host of this HoF. But I said I would be in time and I intend to.

4 to watch, 1 to rewatch and I have to comment/review on the last two I saw. It's doable.

sent in my vote after finishing NBCH. Not sure if I can write up something tonight on it, because --

But I WILL get something typed out for it
Huh?

Sorry mate do whatever you want, i don't mean to police the thread it's yours my man

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Huh?

Sorry mate do whatever you want, i don't mean to police the thread it's yours my man
Just finished the movie and a little shaken by it all to get my words focused enough, so I cracked wise regarding the way I felt presently.

Camo, I don't answer because (and you know it) I'm already aware of the deadline, I understand your urges and if you want to finish now that's your choice as the host of this HoF. But I said I would be in time and I intend to.

4 to watch, 1 to rewatch and I have to comment/review on the last two I saw. It's doable.
Jal, you already told me this it's fine. I'm still going to remind you of how close it is and you aren't the only member i have in that reminder every time.

@jal90 there's 10 days left dawg!

Jal, you already told me this it's fine. I'm still going to remind you of how close it is and you aren't the only member i have in that reminder every time.

@jal90 there's 10 days left dawg!
I know, I know! Just to tell you that don't get the wrong idea if I don't answer when you mention me here, since I know why xD

I can't work under this pressure, damn! That's why I didn't like Nothing bad can happen! It's not the movie, it's Camo!

I know, I know! Just to tell you that don't get the wrong idea if I don't answer when you mention me here, since I know why xD

I can't work under this pressure, damn! That's why I didn't like Nothing bad can happen! It's not the movie, it's Camo!
Was joking mate . You've been great since you've said you are focusing on it, just remember there's ten days left and that i'll alert you when there is both a week and five days left.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Nothing Bad Can Happen

I was gonna get my head together before writing this, but that would the wrong way to go due to the visceral and psychological intensity of this movie. And instead, type away while it is still so strongly in my head, having finished it a short time ago and went through reading everyone's review regarding this, just now.

For me the opening scene REALLY sets it all in motion. The lines referring that with God and the Love of Jesus there is nothing Man can do to harm me.
And at that moment the initial cringing began knowing FULL WELL, along with the ironic title, that this statement was going to be ridden til the tires came off in the worse possible way.

And holy crap did it ever!

Like others, the first hour was very intriguing. The naive, blind faith of Torre and those he was with and then Benno and his family enters and the creeping foreboding begins to swelter and grow in intensity with such slow creulty that, that in itself was a kind of torture BEFORE the actual torture goes full tilt.
All of that was done brilliantly as we discover all the little signs of something horrific beneath the surface and the horror grows as we see Torre remain steadfast in his Belief to turn the other cheek and with Jesus, all is well. No matter WHAT will be thrust upon him. He bears all of it and before the final night I was begging him: PLEASE just go Rambo on their @ss. Please!
Even that moment with the pillow, knowing it was only going to get far worse, I was truly hoping that the step daughter would be able to take Benno out.

But, like the whipping, torture, nailing to the cross and killing of Christ, Torre was put through it all and we, as viewers were put through nothing being done about it except his complete acceptance of it.

It was brutal and it was behind heartbreaking. It f@cked with your soul and played with your moral compass by taking a belief and cruelly testing it till there was nothing left of the test subject to continue testing on.

Nothing Bad Can Happen

I was gonna get my head together before writing this, but that would the wrong way to go due to the visceral and psychological intensity of this movie. And instead, type away while it is still so strongly in my head, having finished it a short time ago and went through reading everyone's review regarding this, just now.

For me the opening scene REALLY sets it all in motion. The lines referring that with God and the Love of Jesus there is nothing Man can do to harm me.
And at that moment the initial cringing began knowing FULL WELL, along with the ironic title, that this statement was going to be ridden til the tires came off in the worse possible way.

And holy crap did it ever!

Like others, the first hour was very intriguing. The naive, blind faith of Torre and those he was with and then Benno and his family enters and the creeping foreboding begins to swelter and grow in intensity with such slow creulty that, that in itself was a kind of torture BEFORE the actual torture goes full tilt.
All of that was done brilliantly as we discover all the little signs of something horrific beneath the surface and the horror grows as we see Torre remain steadfast in his Belief to turn the other cheek and with Jesus, all is well. No matter WHAT will be thrust upon him. He bears all of it and before the final night I was begging him: PLEASE just go Rambo on their @ss. Please!
Even that moment with the pillow, knowing it was only going to get far worse, I was truly hoping that the step daughter would be able to take Benno out.

But, like the whipping, torture, nailing to the cross and killing of Christ, Torre was put through it all and we, as viewers were put through nothing being done about it except his complete acceptance of it.

It was brutal and it was behind heartbreaking. It f@cked with your soul and played with your moral compass by taking a belief and cruelly testing it till there was nothing left of the test subject to continue testing on.
HOLY SHT ED! That picture is amazing, dang.