Music! What makes your blood boil?

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
It really depends on what rap he (or you, for that matter) consider to be different from the stuff that sucks and why.

Rap Rock isnt bad...that is the only "Rap"...I will listen to that is modern....Rap from early to mid 80s maybe

You can't handle the truth!
Rap Rock isnt bad...that is the only "Rap"...I will listen to that is modern....Rap from early to mid 80s maybe
Rap? Rock? Punk? Heavy Metal? ......

Yeah, whatever... lets call it what it is, music. Fighting about genres of music is like racism.... do you like the Japanese better than the Chinese?

If we do away with the racism in music, then there would be no more arguing about what people like... Unless you mention who you listened to and what song they sang... then its game on, I suppose.

I don't actually wear pants.
^I'm not seeing the problem there.
Not my problem. If rappers really wanted to make a difference, they should do it some other way. Being an idiot to music isn't going to help political agendas, but pockets.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
do you like the Japanese better than the Chinese?
Hardest question I've been ever asked!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Welcome to the human race...
Not my problem. If rappers really wanted to make a difference, they should do it some other way. Being an idiot to music isn't going to help political agendas, but pockets.
Yeah yeah, you can say that of just about any artist whose work strives to make a political statement. I might as well say that, if Masaki Kobayashi really wanted to oppose war, he shouldn't have filmed nine hours of Tatsuya Nakadai pretending to be a soldier.

I don't actually wear pants.
Yeah yeah, you can say that of just about any artist whose work strives to make a political statement. I might as well say that, if Masaki Kobayashi really wanted to oppose war, he shouldn't have filmed nine hours of Tatsuya Nakadai pretending to be a soldier.
It's not the same thing. Kobayashi made an allegory. Rappers tell us what they think is wrong with disrespectful lyrics.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Human Condition is a masterpiece and a work of art. Don't compare it to a music genre whose biggest achievement is sampling Ashes are Burning.

Defending the idea that lyrics CAN be a meaningful form of social protest like other works of art is quite different than saying most of them are. Sometimes they're just ugly and vulgar and serve no purpose other than self-aggrandizement, usually through generalizing negatively about others.

I'm not really sure how people propose to slot this stuff into some kind of reasonable progressive worldview, unless that worldview has variable principles that can be amplified (or suspended completely) based on some kind of demographic hierarchy.

Let the night air cool you off
Anti-rap points of view are so ridiculous. It's bizarre how these people who don't listen to hip hop can sum up a whole genre with a single sentence. I guess all hip hop is the same.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Honestly it depends on the mood I am in what kind of music I listen to. Most of the time I listen to Rock, early 2000s to todays. IE:

or

oh, or this

Some days I listen to new pop. IE

Other days I will listen to rap music. IE

Like I said. Depends on the mood.

Anti-rap points of view are so ridiculous. It's bizarre how these people who don't listen to hip hop can sum up a whole genre with a single sentence. I guess all hip hop is the same.
It really isn't. And I still consider myself a beginner.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I quite like Cuban Hip Hop. Orishas is lovely, reminds me of my travels walking through the muddy roadways beside the seashore, exotic cocktails, and equatorial downpours walking home at 4am.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
What happened to that guy - did he get kidnapped by The All Blcks? Really didnt seem like a chilled out Kiwi to me.