Random Acts Of Kindness Towards Sick/Injured Animals.

Tools    

The number is greatly reduced now. It used to be much higher. Some states now have no-kill shelters and, hopefully, all of America will too eventually. In my city, if a stray dog is impounded he will be euthanized within 9 days or so if unclaimed.

I was greeted by Lulu with a sloppy wet kiss after work! . She slept quite well on her first night here. One of my fave TV programmes is Wildlife SOS, the staff at the centre treat anything from Deer to Hedgehogs,an injured Squirrel was taken in once but cos they are classed as vermin here it was unable to be released back into the wild, so when the staff treated him they then kept him at the centre as their Mascot. Happy Ending!

C'mon Dannii - we want to see pics of your Labbya Lulu!!

Another good nights sleep for Lulu. . She prefers a folded up jumper to sleep on rather than her own bed. She missed her Puppy Training Pad by about 7ft but i have a mop and bucket on standby!

Another good nights sleep for Lulu. . She prefers a folded up jumper to sleep on rather than her own bed. She missed her Puppy Training Pad by about 7ft but i have a mop and bucket on standby!
She's been registered with the Vets, her initials are L.A.

My husband used to love fishing, he belonged to a club and would have matches. Sometimes i'd drive out to their location and stay for a night. He told me that sometimes a fox would appear by their bivvies looking for food, they would feed it whatever they had. Also he told me that they would often rescue pigeons, they would swoop down onto the water looking for bits of bait, but would have difficulties tryna take off with wet wings, so many times the anglers would scoop the pigeons out of the water with their landing nets and then set them down on the banks, where they toddled off flapping their wings to dry off.

I freakin love elephants.
That baby elephant is adorable! I've only ever been to the zoo once, it was Chester Zoo, i was amazed at how big a fully grown elephant is, also the giraffes, i was about 10 at the time. I'm not a big fan of zoos but do understand the breeding side of them.

When i was at school our caretaker would make hedgehog boxes, made from wood with an entrance for the hedgehog to enter/exit, then line them with shredded paper or straw, then place them around the school field, ideally deep within bushes and shrubs, the hedgehogs would hibernate in them.

Another fave programme of mine was Animal Hospital, shame that it was hosted by Rolf Harris though. I also like Send In The Dogs, it's about working dogs in our Seaports and Airports, and there's one about police dogs, can't think what it was called, but there wasn't a dry eye in my house when a young police dog died of ill health. The lady handler was devastated, but in time she got a new dog to train up as her partner

Lulu is settling in really well, she mauls me when i walk in after not seeing me for a while, and she pulls my hair, my previous dogs did this too, and my brothers dog! She loves sitting on my lap, she's like a big baby

(no sloths were harmed in the making of this meme)

(no sloths were harmed in the making of this meme)
I can't posts pics 😢 the whole world should know by now! Haha. Lulu is coming home with me later for the weekend, we're gonna have a walk then chill out and order a pizza, she has her own treats waiting for her😋.

I'm not a big fan of zoos but do understand the breeding side of them.
Zoos are not ideal, but they are necessary if we are to prevent the extinction of certain animals. Experts predict that with the current rate of elephant poaching, there will be no elephants in another decade.

there wasn't a dry eye in my house when a young police dog died of ill health. The lady handler was devastated, but in time she got a new dog to train up as her partner
You should see the send-offs here when a service dog dies. Even officers from neighboring towns attend.

Lulu is coming home with me later for the weekend, we're gonna have a walk then chill out and order a pizza, she has her own treats waiting for her😋.
Are you kidding? You know Lulu is gonna want a slice.

I'm not a big fan of zoos but do understand the breeding side of them.
Zoos are not ideal, but they are necessary if we are to prevent the extinction of certain animals. Experts predict that with the current rate of elephant poaching, there will be no elephants in another decade.

there wasn't a dry eye in my house when a young police dog died of ill health. The lady handler was devastated, but in time she got a new dog to train up as her partner
You should see the send-offs here when a service dog dies. Even officers from neighboring towns attend.

Lulu is coming home with me later for the weekend, we're gonna have a walk then chill out and order a pizza, she has her own treats waiting for her😋.
Are you kidding? You know Lulu is gonna want a slice.
Lulu had a little piece of pizza, judging by her face she didn't like it! Haha. She had a little taste of gravy off my finger the other night, she likes that, and mum gave her a spoonful of mashed potato, she lapped it up. I heard a few months ago that a UK soldier died from injuries he sustained while on duty, also his service dog died a few hours after him because of injuries, both received military honours at their funerals, i could be wrong but i think the dog received a posthumous award equivalent to the Victoria Cross, it's an award given to service dogs by an animal organisation.
I hate ivory poaching, one of the worst acts of cruelty ever.

I took Lulu around the docks for a walk earlier, she loved it, a group of tourists made a fuss of her. She had a night at my place with me last night, think she prefers mums place cos it's bigger and she goes exploring the rooms, plus mum spoils her.

Was chatting to a neighbour earlier and stroking his staffy, he said the owner of the staffy died and the staffy was facing being put down as no one wanted her with her being 12, so he said he'd take her in til they found a new owner, then he saw her jump onto his settee and have a nap, that was 4 months ago and he can't part with her now

Another time i helped a neighbours pet was when her dog had a tic, she didn't know what it was but i'd seen one before on my own dog which i'd successfully removed myself, i won't say how i did it cos it can be dangerous to remove them yourself, i told my neighbour though and she asked me to do the same with her dog, so i did and successfully removed that one too. I've only ever seen 2 tics now, when Lulu is a bit older i'll either get her a flea & tic collar or something my vet recommends