14th Hall of Fame

Tools    

I can't find these films, so I need some links, PM please if you can help.

Contratiempo (The Invisible Guest) (2016, Paulo)
Dom Za Vesanje (Time of the Gypsies) (1988, Kusturica)
La Grande Illusion (Grand Illusion) (1937, Renoir)

I'll probably start off tomorrow with Passengers seeing as that's probably the most mainstream of these
Hold off on watching Passengers.

I need to find those three films I posted or I won't be able to participate in this, which then means my movie would be removed from the Hof.

I'm looking online right now for those three movies and I sure could use some help finding online links.

I need to find those three films I posted or I won't be able to participate in this, which then means my movie would be removed from the Hof.

I'm looking online right now for those three movies and I sure could use some help finding online links.
Hitting the sack so can't look now, but I definitely have you covered for a Grand Illusion.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Contratiempo is Netflix.

So you are good. I think Grand Illusion is on Filmstruck but could be wrong.
I believe I tried Filmstruck before and couldn't use it. I have a slow internet so I have to save the movie to my hardrive and then watch it. But I can try it again.

I will look tomorrow through all my links, it's about dinner time for me.

Edited

I need somewhere to watch the following

Empire of Passion
Grand Illusion
M (Can't find a version of this with subtitles)

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Legend in my own mind
I'm gonna guess Sarge for Night on Earth
Not guilty

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Contratiempo

SPOILERS (Don't read unless you have seen!!!!!)

Crime and mystery films have always been something right up my alley. This one plays up as a bit of a modern noir, and the first thing I really appreciated was how the puzzle all unfolds. I really dug the way the story was told and how we got to see different potential angles of it. You get so many thoughts of how the story will play out that at one point I assumed that the main character maybe was even innocent, or at the very least, would dig his own hole out of the situation. I thought the acting was really good too. It was interesting seeing the main character gain trust with "Virginia". I think the biggest scene where he gains trust is when he explains that Daniel was still alive in the trunk when he had went down to the swamp. And now it makes sense why this was so upsetting to her. The camerawork seemed sharp and it was a very colorful film. The ending I must say shocked me. Couldn't believe the whole Virginia ending, my jaw literally almost dropped with that. It was one of the bigger film surprises that I've seen in awhile. Fantastic scene of them looking into his room while the real Virginia rings the doorbell into the room. Certainly was a film right up my alley, and a great start to this HOF for me. Maybe not a film I will rush to see again, but it was real good. Kind of reminds me of how I felt about a film like The Sweet Hereafter or Broken Circle Breakdown.