More EU Madness!

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Maybe the lack of interest in cricket could be a pointer . Cricket is very popular in Australia.
Nani desu ka? Another expert, and never far away. You two make a great pair.

What does that mean ? Some indian language out of the countless that India has ? I know only marathi ( my mother tongue) and Hindi---the national language .

As it seems to be open house for drivel on here lately

wow. I'm reading all the possible versions of depraved and I don't recognise myself..

corrupt, corrupted, perverted, deviant, degenerate, debased, degraded, immoral, unprincipled, reprobate; debauched, dissolute, profligate, lewd, licentious, lascivious, lecherous, lustful, prurient, obscene, indecent, libertine, sordid;
wicked, sinful, vile, base, iniquitous, nefarious, criminal, vicious, brutal;
informalwarped, twisted, pervy, sick, sicko

I suppose I could've been a tad lustful back before I became a world weary old lady, but the rest of the words do seem a little over the top.
Okay, Christine. You’ve convinced me. I retract. You, at least, are not depraved, just a bit befuddled when it comes to reading demographic statistics and discerning the shape of things to come.

just a bit befuddled
Projecting again?

You seem very angry and frustrated that you cannot 'persuade' anyone to accept your xenophobia, and continually bashing them over the head about where they live, or that the 'head in the sand PC' insult is having no impact whatsoever. That's sad. Ramadan is over now so maybe you can get over it and ...I dunno...watch a movie perhaps.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i haven't finished reading this thread yet but i've lol'ed at several parts of it, so.... that's something, at least

i'm not sure what the answer is to all these political threads popping up and cluttering the forum, or what should be done, but i know that if i started creating a bunch of threads about my very left-leaning political ideas in a 'rant' style, i'd be called a feminazi, a tumblrina, and/or a sjw, and probably by many of the same people who have been complaining about censorship. i think the people who are so against this so called 'censorship' should start asking themselves if they'd still want to be apart of this forum if the shouting and repetivness started coming from the other side, cause it's the other extreme and it's the easiest way to see why people have a problem with it

I for one think this thread has become worse than the terrorist thread ever was. We have one person venting on literally everything and everyone, which causes the inevitable push back. The results: hostility. This isn't about discussing a topic, it's about fighting and insulting. This isn't why I joined MoFo.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=49561

i'm not sure what the answer is to all these political threads popping up and cluttering the forum, or what should be done, but i know that if i started creating a bunch of threads about my very left-leaning political ideas in a 'rant' style, i'd be called a feminazi, a tumblrina, and/or a sjw, and probably by many of the same people who have been complaining about censorship. i think the people who are so against this so called 'censorship' should start asking themselves if they'd still want to be apart of this forum if the shouting and repetivness started coming from the other side, cause it's the other extreme and it's the easiest way to see why people have a problem with it
Yeah, the "other side" example I keep thinking of is gun control. Imagine someone who not only talked about gun control a lot, but who posted a completely new thread every time their was a shooting, and didn't even wait for confirmed reports or any specifics. Then imagine every one of these threads contained the exact same assertions about gun control, even though there were lots of completely unanswered counterarguments in other threads. And then imagine this was 99% of what they posted.

I doubt these same people would think too highly of that. But that's basically what this is.

We have one person venting on literally everything and everyone, which causes the inevitable push back. The results: hostility. This isn't about discussing a topic, it's about fighting and insulting.
It's blatant trolling.

And I still don't know who/where I am

Back to movie discussion.

I for one think this thread has become worse than the terrorist thread ever was. We have one person venting on literally everything and everyone, which causes the inevitable push back. The results: hostility. This isn't about discussing a topic, it's about fighting and insulting. This isn't why I joined MoFo.

One person? I've counted at least five other conservatives here who seem to agree with me. Also, I'm not signed on for at least twelve hours a day and when I return I discover that the thread somehow seems to survive my absence with added discussion.

Did you ever consider doing something radical such as not reading threads that displease you? isn’t that what liberals always retort when someone mentions movie or television fare that offends them? At least there is no profanity or obscenity here That’s generally a lefto thing, after all.

As far as ‘venting on literally everything and everyone,” I think there are a great many other people and topics which would fall under the umbrella of “everything and everyone” than perhaps a half dozen leftos here and the few topics we have been discussing: terroism; immigration; and Islam.

P.S. I rarely respond to anyone who hasn't addressed their comments to or about me.

What's a 'lefto'? Is that the new hip net speak for angry teens to attempt an insult?

Yeah, the "other side" example I keep thinking of is gun control. Imagine someone who not only talked about gun control a lot, but who posted a completely new thread every time their was a shooting, and didn't even wait for confirmed reports or any specifics. Then imagine every one of these threads contained the exact same assertions about gun control, even though there were lots of completely unanswered counterarguments in other threads. And then imagine this was 99% of what they posted.

I doubt these same people would think too highly of that. But that's basically what this is.
The issue of gun control is less important than the impending catastrophe in which Europe is going to be destroyed by islamofascists. I am interested in this issue because my country faces the same danger. We need to repeat that a catastrophe may occur if the so called 'refugees' are not stopped from coming.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke

that's a good analogy!

also... considering that these threads always resort to nothing but flinging one-liners back and forth and snarky little comments that often get personal... it's laughable at best that this is PC driven.

The issue of gun control is less important than the impending catastrophe in which Europe is going to be destroyed by islamofascists. I am interested in this issue because my country faces the same danger. We need to repeat that a catastrophe may occur if the so called 'refugees' are not stopped from coming.
Shootings are life-and-death, which is why I chose them for this example. Whether you regard one as more important or the other, both are serious enough that someone could glibly use the importance of the issue, and the lives at risk, as a catch-all defense for posting about it incessantly.

I have, of course, already pointed out a few times that the importance of the issue in no way implies that it's necessary to allow it to infiltrate all communication or all aspects of our lives all the time (zero responses), but even if it did, it certainly wouldn't explain engaging in repetitive assertions, instead of reasoned debate that actually responded to counterarguments.

Not addressing this to you, Rules, but as with the terrorist thread - the same people who complain about the views expressed and the very existence of the thread itself (and who call for or would just love to see it closed) are the ones who keep coming back and replying or arguing or bumping. It's like they can't help themselves.

If they weren't interested in the topics (or their desire to see them closed down wasn't at the level of an obsession) then they'd be on other threads - like the people who actually ARE NOT interested and ARE on other threads - never feeling upset by reading about things they truly are not interested in.

Some people derive a sense of power by being able to say "Hey, I'm one of the ones who got your discussion closed down! I shut you up! I have power on the Internet!" They (meaning not all but some - and it's pretty easy to tell who's who) continue the conversation and keep driving it toward antagonism and then cry foul that the topic and any discussion thereof should be shut down.

This is another classic manipulative tactic that I'm glad most who lean toward the right don't engage in. Most right of center would rather debate (& maintain free speech) than have it shut down by claiming they're offended and can't stand these threads that they themselves keep coming back to day after day, hour after hour.

"Hey, I'm one of the ones who got your discussion closed down! I shut you up! I have power on the Internet!"

That's interesting. Who crowed about getting the thread closed. The only person I saw crowing was accusing the person you replied to of getting it closed, which was blatantly incorrect.

That's interesting. Who crowed about getting the thread closed. The only person I saw crowing was accusing the person you replied to of getting it closed, which was blatantly incorrect.
Not sure if I'm reading you correctly, Dani. You're saying that CR only asked that the terrorism thread be removed from the "Now Playing" section (but never called for it to be closed) - and that's what happened first before the thread was closed. Am I getting that right?

Not addressing this to you, Rules, but as with the terrorist thread - the same people who complain about the views expressed and the very existence of the thread itself (and who call for or would just love to see it closed) are the ones who keep coming back and replying or arguing or bumping. It's like they can't help themselves.

If they weren't interested in the topics (or their desire to see them closed down wasn't at the level of an obsession) then they'd be on other threads - like the people who actually ARE NOT interested and ARE on other threads - never feeling upset by reading about things they truly are not interested in.

Some people derive a sense of power by being able to say "Hey, I'm one of the ones who got your discussion closed down! I shut you up! I have power on the Internet!" They (meaning not all but some - and it's pretty easy to tell who's who) continue the conversation and keep driving it toward antagonism and then cry foul that the topic and any discussion thereof should be shut down.

This is another classic manipulative tactic that I'm glad most who lean toward the right don't engage in. Most right of center would rather debate (& maintain free speech) than have it shut down by claiming they're offended and can't stand these threads that they themselves keep coming back to day after day, hour after hour.
Thanks, Cap! This is a classic retort! Your dissection of the psychological bent of the poster is profound and right on the proverbial money. Hear! Hear!

Not sure if I'm reading you correctly, Dani. You're saying that CR only asked that the terrorism thread be removed from the "Now Playing" section (but never called for it to be closed) - and that's what happened first before the thread was closed. Am I getting that right?
Rules asked for it to be removed from Now Playing because 1. he was frustrated at seeing it there constantly which 2. concerned him it was all guests were viewing on a movie forum and it might be turning them away. You know that.

No one can force the forum owner to close a thread. He/She is the arbiter and makes the decision, and rightly so.