What Movie Do You Want Made?

Tools    

In the genres of fantasy, science fiction or supernatural horror, what would you like to see a movie about that hasn't been made yet?

That's a difficult one because many of my favourites have already been made a few to several times over. I'll have to delve into my memories.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thomas Covenant Chronicles.

Probably The Land of Mist by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, just because of the profound emotional impact it had on me. Actually the film Haunted (1995) got to me partly because of the echoes of that story.

Doyle created some fantastic ghost stories, really chilling and affecting stuff. One of the best is The Captain of the Pole-star, which again would be very interesting to see dramatised.

I still have a soft spot for the Eighties cartoon Ulysses 31 as well. If they could achieve anything like the animated production design in a live action film, I'd be in .

This might just do nobody any good.
With the sudden (and welcomed) rise in popularity of thoughtful, introspective science fiction movies, I've thought David Fincher should return to his adaptation of Rendezvous with Rama.

Great novel, lots of potential for timely commmentary.

As for fantasy, I hope American Gods gains enough traction to justify a Sandman adaptation. Hell, Bryan Fuller's style is better suited for that than AG.

Not that this is an original movie, but always wanted a quasi retro-style remake of Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things that takes place in the 70s - inexplicable evil (not a virus) dead rising to take out a movie crew attempting to shoot a movie on an island and make use of a cemetery. Tone down the ridiculous, cringe inducing humor, but instead likeable characters that you don't want to see die.

I second:

Thomas Covenant (They Actually considered doing it with Russell Crowe in the starring role. The last I heard they had scrapped it because they could not get anybody to make the time commitment.)

A Canticle for Liebowitz

Other Books

by Milan Kundera

The Unbearable Lightness of Being (Has already been made, but without the narration necessary to understand what Kundera was trying to say)

The Joke

The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

Immortality

Christopher Moore

Bloodsucking Fiends

A Dirty Job

Coyote Blue

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I second:

Thomas Covenant (They Actually considered doing it with Russell Crowe in the starring role. The last I heard they had scrapped it because they could not get anybody to make the time commitment.)

Oh wow I didn't realise that. Yeah pretty big ask. Would probably do well as a high end tv production.

A Canticle for Liebowitz

"That may be, but I've got the Falcon."
I'd like to see Tim Burton remake The Neverending Story, showcase his ability to blend that macabre style with a lighter finesse seen in Edward Scissorhands. And also the Landover series by Terry Brooks, particularly the first book.

Being from scotland I would love to see a movie made about 'calgacus' he was a scottish pictae ( tattood hoardes in latin) leader who gave the romans a good hiding, a whole legion went missing in the scottish borders at the time, documented, some say he was made up by roman scholars to make it look better, not convinced, anyway, Gerard Butler for lead! Lets do it, I'll write a fantastic theme tune, guaranteed.

JFK

Another Master and Commander film as good as the first one.
It could have an all new cast (as most of the original would be too old now - although Paul Bettany was perfect in the role) and there were 20-some books in the Aubrey-Maturin series, so no lack of stories to choose from.

With the fabulous CGI they have now I'd love to see Anne McCaffrey's The Dragon Riders of Pern made into a movie or, preferably, a GoT type TV series. The books are wonderful.