The "It" remake

Tools    

I think it looks way too conventional actually. I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

I actually feel sorry for clowns who just want to entertain and has their business hurt because of this, but God that article is hilarious!

Best quote:

"The ultimate prick in this [IT movie] is that it's going to turn young consumers away from an art form that's sweet and nice and not about the Kardashians and Minecraft."

Really? Really?
I would expect it to have far more jump scares (clown popping out) and the original trailer wasn't that, just scary things happening on display.

But then again, didn't they sack the other director for making it too outside the box or as he says?

It looks more faithful than The Dark Tower at least.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I'm enjoying the "Hey, I got 'insert' down here" memes.

I really feel like I need to see this with my sister, despite the fact she is on the other side of the country.

I'm sure both of us developed phobias that can be attributed to the original.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I'll be keeping an eye on this and the subsequent reviews. I will watch it but I'll be prepared. I'm still reading the book which is mammoth and very high quality. How they could fit or condense the movie effectively is a question mark. I would have preferred a short tv series, an event, maybe HBO, good quality, to really explore the characters and story. But that's a pipe dream.

I think the makeup looks good but so far it's too pretty. Tim Curry's clown makeup was freaky. Or maybe it was just the teeth. I don't know. This Pennywise is so prettily painted,I don't get the urge to back away from the clown.

But that's a bit mootfor my remake needs. I only care if they managed to make the second half scary.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I think the makeup looks good but so far it's too pretty. Tim Curry's clown makeup was freaky. Or maybe it was just the teeth. I don't know. This Pennywise is so prettily painted,I don't get the urge to back away from the clown.

But that's a bit mootfor my remake needs. I only care if they managed to make the second half scary.
Um the clown looks plenty creepy to me. I wouldn't want to play with it or have my children go near it.

I am not a fan of remakes at all, but this looks terrifying and awesome! Can't wait to see it
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I don't actually wear pants.
Oh, and I take issue with calling the new It a "remake". The new film is a new imaging of the same book, but calling it a "remake" makes it sound like they're doing the movie again, as opposed to doing the book again. That will ultimately set up nothing but comparisons between each version, which wouldn't be fair to the '17 version, and the second half next year. I think It #2 comes out next year, anyway.

There is a new trailer out today.

It features a room full of clowns, which will surely give me a heart attack.

REALLY looking forward to this now
Yeah, I like what I'm seeing. Oddly I found Pennywise a bit less intimidating in this trailer, but that'll just be editing.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
As much as I love Tim Curry's version of Pennywise, Bill Skarsgard looks pretty insane...I'm digging it!

This might just do nobody any good.
Can't really say I'm crazy about what we've seen from Pennywise but the kids look spot on. Not just look-wise, btw.

I'm glad. That's really a more important aspect (though everyone will get hung up on the clown).

Can't really say I'm crazy about what we've seen from Pennywise but the kids look spot on. Not just look-wise, btw.

I'm glad. That's really a more important aspect (though everyone will get hung up on the clown).
No, you're right. I really love the original production and the story is very vivid to me. So I'm excited about all of it.

I saw a bit linking Dark Tower to a lot of King's other works. One referenced Pennywise being a

WARNING: spoilers below
psychic vampire.

I guess that was a part of the book they didn't use for the movie.

That 4 minute clip they played during Annabelle has leaked. I only managed to see portions of it and all I'm going to say is, well done Skarsgard. Well done.

This needs to come out already.

Early reports are that this is tracking for a $50 mil opening.

Some seem to doubt this, but I think this could be even bigger. This is possibly gonna be one of the biggest doses of nostalgia done right.