THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Sitting in the theater with my buddy for the 4 o'clock showing of Beauty And The Beast. I am beginning to think we aren't the demographic for this...weird.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Sitting in the theater with my buddy for the 4 o'clock showing of Beauty And The Beast. I am beginning to think we aren't the demographic for this...weird.
My wife is going to that tonight with her friend. I'll be on the sidelines at home.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
And you're not amongst them!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

On Saturday I moved out of my parents house and started renting my own place. Living with my brother and a friend of ours. Really enjoying it, good to have so much personal space and responsibility. Been trying to organise this for a couple of months now and it's been difficult, but took a few risks and it paid off. Not moved everything down yet, but everything starting to come together nicely!

Well I just read an article from The Guardian saying that King: Skull Island (along with Godzilla and and Captain America Civil War) had neo fascist undertones that promote an "authoritarian utopia" and promote regressive politics of a "strong ruler."

I will say this at the very least this is the first King Kong movie that wasn't being labeled as racist, but now we have whole new political message being "found" in a Kong movie. Can't a King Kong movie just be one about a giant ape? Next thing we know I am going to read an article about how the opening to Dr Strange was a metaphor for Aparthid or how Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is about black on black crime. People love to find stuff that ain't there in movies.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Well I just read an article from The Guardian saying that King: Skull Island (along with Godzilla and and Captain America Civil War) had neo fascist undertones that promote an "authoritarian utopia" and promote regressive politics of a "strong ruler."

I will say this at the very least this is the first King Kong movie that wasn't being labeled as racist, but now we have whole new political message being "found" in a Kong movie. Can't a King Kong movie just be one about a giant ape? Next thing we know I am going to read an article about how the opening to Dr Strange was a metaphor for Aparthid or how Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is about black on black crime. People love to find stuff that ain't there in movies.

Ha. You should have seen all the screaming about racism in Secret Life of Pets.

HOLY CRAP.

I think I'm seeing Kero Kero Bonito live on 4/19.

My life is complete.

Ha. You should have seen all the screaming about racism in Secret Life of Pets.
What happened with The Secret Lifenof Pets?

Oh you know, gangs, an evil white bunny voiced by a black guy, really important stuff like that. Grandparents were claiming it was sending subliminal messages. WTH? The only thing I found disturbing about that movie is the boy dogs didnt have peepees.

The most loathsome of all goblins

Some people take a perverse pleasure in being offended, I suppose it makes them feel morally superior.

That said I feel strongly in the concept of "death of the author" and personal interpretation. Coming up with theories and looking for undertones and themes is part of the fun of watching movies in my opinion. Of course, if you're only doing it out of moral outrage, likely feigned for the purpose of making clickbait, do the world a favor and commit seppuku.

Oh you know, gangs, an evil white bunny voiced by a black guy, really important stuff like that. Grandparents were claiming it was sending subliminal messages. WTH? The only thing I found disturbing about that movie is the boy dogs didnt have peepees.
That sounds dumb.

That sounds dumb.
It is.

Question.

Is it ok to go to the cinemas alone?

I feel unsecure about doing it.

I want to see Logan but I have been unable to get a one of my friends to see it with me.

I've never been to the Cinemas alone and I want to start going to the Cinemas again having not been to one since Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This years Cinema schedule looks so much better than last years.

@Shagz

Make the decision for yourself. Try it and see how it feels. You'll go alone if you really don't mind.

There's probably not going to be that much people there anywhere since it's now in it's 4th week or so.

I guess it will be alright.

I used to go see movies by myself all the time. I don't go alone as often any more, but it's definitely not because I feel uncomfortable doing so, because I really couldn't care less. I now live with the two people I'd most likely see films with, we're just a few minutes walk away from the bigger theatre, and our work schedules have been matching up fairly well.

One of my room mates is the same way. He would rather go with someone though, but only so there's someone to watch his stuff if he has to go to the washroom haha. My other room mate, however, absolutely refuses to go see a movie by herself. She's very timid, soft-spoken, and shy, and would rather wait months to see the movie than to go alone.

Like SC suggested, you really need to try for yourself. If you are able to go at a time of day when most people are at work or in school, the theatre shouldn't be crowded at all if that's part of what bothers you. If you still feel uncomfortable, you can always leave, get your ticket refunded, and try again another day.

Question.

It's perfectly ok - I used to do it quite a lot up until I got married as most of my friends had different tastes to mine. Eating a meal in a restaurant on my own always made me feel conspicuous as a lot of people naturally take a look around at some point or another but going to a movie ... nah, most people wouldn't have even known I was there.