IMDB Alumni, post here!

Tools    

I loved him in Twister, Red Dragon, The Talented Mr. Ripley and found him surprisingly hilarious in Along Came Polly.

There were so many funny moments with his character in that movie:

-He plays basketball throughout the movie and keeps missing EVERY.SINGLE.SHOT all the while acting as if he's a pro. "White chocolate!" *Shot misses* "Let it rain!" *Shot misses*

Then the part where he tells his friend: "We have to leave now. This is an emergency--I just sharted!"

He was incredible in that scene in Red Dragon where Dolarhyde was grilling him.
You're absolutely right bud! I actually love him in every single movie he made! The guy was much more talented than anyone in his generation. Even when he's on screen for a short time, he gets your attention for his powerful performance. Doubt, Charlie Wilson's War, Owning Mahowny... and this list goes on!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The professional troll I became friends with years ago on the Hannibal board. I had no idea who he was, just a new viewer who said he didn't like the show and wouldn't be watching further. Fannibals got annoyed so I sat back and asked what he didn't like about it. We then shared PoVs and he went on to really loving the show. huzzahhh I won him over by acknowledging what disappointed him. Saw him on another board where he said he didn't like the show and once again, upset the regulars. I did the same thing and I was shouted down for encouraging him. I said he was always polite to me on another board and I saw no reason not to engage him in a sharing of opposing PoVs.

Ok there's the background.
over the years I got to recognise each new sock and it's 'personality'. the guy was a master of staying in character. I never saw him being malicious to anyone; he was just having some fun and at a guess I would say he's a writer testing out profiles. Very nice guy, we shared a similar taste in film, and I will miss chatting with him. To me that's the difference between mischief troll and malicious troll.

Some kids from the Sherlock board swarmed in one day to wreck the hannibal board. Same thing - not malicious; just scalliwags having a bit of school holiday fun. I just said - guys, this is a tiny board. Trying to wreck this place is like the Man O War firing it's guns at a rubber ducky in the bath. they LOL'd and left.

Doubt, Charlie Wilson's War, Owning Mahowny... and this list goes on!

Gust Avrakatos. holy hell. I just keep watching that movie.
And before the Devil Knows you're Dead.

I never told a living soul until right now that I had a bit of a crush on him when I was a young girl.
Adrian absolutely owned Bachelor Party, holding his own with Hanks and outshining Tawny Kitaen and Wendy Jo Sperber. Oh, and the guy that played Kent in 'Real Genius', too.

Adrian absolutely owned Bachelor Party, holding his own with Hanks and outshining Tawny Kitaen and Wendy Jo Sperber. Oh, and the guy that played Kent in 'Real Genius', too.
** Yes, this post was just an excuse to throw out obscure 80s movie stuff that amuses me.

Gust Avrakatos. holy hell. I just keep watching that movie.
And before the Devil Knows you're Dead.
Yeah! People were grilling him in that movie for that sex scene in the beginning because they thought his body was ugly. I, however, loved everything about that movie and all its darkness. I thought he would get an Oscar nomination for that role, but sadly it went unnoticed by the academy. I was glad that his career finished on a high note with The Most Wanted Man!

To be honest, I fell inlove with him in that sex scene.I thought he was super sexy. Along came polly - lovable slob you can't take anywhere. In that scene I just thought he was beautiful.

I used to think the same until about 6 or 7 year ago when I watched it again and realized most of his time was spent mimicking Hanks in lines and reactions. Watch it again and you'll see. Hanks will say something or react to something and Zmed will be right there doing something similar a beat behind.

However, you show love for Real Genius, so I'll forgive you anything. LOVE that movie and felt for a long time it was a forgotten gem like the John Cusack Hot Pursuit movie.

I used to think the same until about 6 or 7 year ago when I watched it again and realized most of his time was spent mimicking Hanks in lines and reactions. Watch it again and you'll see. Hanks will say something or react to something and Zmed will be right there doing something similar a beat behind.
*I'm going to have to confess that my praise for Mr. Zmed's performance wasn't entirely honest.*
However, you show love for Real Genius, so I'll forgive you anything. LOVE that movie and felt for a long time it was a forgotten gem like the John Cusack Hot Pursuit movie.
I do love Real Genius, partially (but not only) as a nearly ideal 80's time capsule movie. Going to ruin my good will by admitting that I've never seen Hot Pursuit, though.

*I'm going to have to confess that my praise for Mr. Zmed's performance wasn't entirely honest.*I do love Real Genius, partially (but not only) as a nearly ideal 80's time capsule movie. Going to ruin my good will by admitting that I've never seen Hot Pursuit, though.
Oh, my.....Cusack as a sad sack boyfriend of a lovely young lady whose family is taking them all on a private sailing vacation (ah, the 80's and all that disposable income!) but poor John thinks he can't go because he failed Chemistry at his boarding school (again, disposable income). But a kind hearted professor lets him slide and he follows them down there and wackiness and intrigue follws him as he tries to hook up with his girlfriend and her disapproving family. Made special because of Robert Loggia, Monte Markham, Jerry Stiller and a VERY young Ben Stiller.

Oh, my.....Cusack as a sad sack boyfriend of a lovely young lady whose family is taking them all on a private sailing vacation (ah, the 80's and all that disposable income!) but poor John thinks he can't go because he failed Chemistry at his boarding school (again, disposable income). But a kind hearted professor lets him slide and he follows them down there and wackiness and intrigue follws him as he tries to hook up with his girlfriend and her disapproving family. Made special because of Robert Loggia, Monte Markham, Jerry Stiller and a VERY young Ben Stiller.
Not sure how this one slipped through the cracks. Thought I had seen all of Cusack's material from that era. I even saw Tape Heads.

Not sure how this one slipped through the cracks. Thought I had seen all of Cusack's material from that era. I even saw Tape Heads.
Oh, I'm sure I know how. This is one I was totally unaware of until the late 90's, early 2000's. And I love me obscure 80's movies (Separate Vacations and Electric Dreams are two I keep waiting for a DVD or Blu-Ray release of).

What in the name of satan is this hijack? I thought only I did that.

Oh, I'm sure I know how. This is one I was totally unaware of until the late 90's, early 2000's. And I love me obscure 80's movies (Separate Vacations and Electric Dreams are two I keep waiting for a DVD or Blu-Ray release of).
Ah, Electric Dreams. If memory serves, that's the one where somebody's Commodore 64 vintage PC somehow becomes self-aware enough to fall in love with it's owner's girlfriend. Or something like that. It was the Wargames of romantic comedies. (Unless we assume that Wargames is the Wargames of romantic comedies.)

My best friend from High School, to this day, lists The Secret of My Success as his favorite movie. I admire his steadfast conviction.

There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that.
Oh lol Dani, that was so hilarious. They're still talking about that, hahaha! Loved those trolls, they're were indeed like a swarm of locusts - left nothing but the bare bones, lol!

Oops, wrong quote there. Not quite sure what happened here...

Ah, Electric Dreams. If memory serves, that's the one where somebody's Commodore 64 vintage PC somehow becomes self-aware enough to fall in love with it's owner's girlfriend. Or something like that. It was the Wargames of romantic comedies. (Unless we assume that Wargames is the Wargames of romantic comedies.)

My best friend from High School, to this day, lists The Secret of My Success as his favorite movie. I admire his steadfast conviction.
VERY close. It's the film that made me fall in love with Virginia Madsen and made me wonder why Lenny Van Dohlen never became a bigger star.

MC for the Great Underground Circus

Yep. Becomes aware because the guy drops a glass of champagne on the keyboard.

Yep. Becomes aware because the guy drops a glass of champagne on the keyboard.
I am LOVING you guys right about now.