Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Blow Out (1981)

It was ok. A neat look at old technology. Decent cast.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Platoon (1986, multiple rewatch)

It's a classic. Berenger is solid. The rest of the cast is unbelievable. It's just one well known face after another. Pretty enjoyable experience, as always.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Berenger.jpg
Views:	2178
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	28826  

Hidden Figures (2016)

I don't really have much to say about this one. It's a good biopic about inspiring subject matter with three great performances (especially Taraji P. Henson,) and that's probably what you were expecting anyways. There's a pretty anti climatic ending that I wish had more to do with the central characters than the big event surrounding the film itself, and some wasted performances, namely Mahershala Ali, but overall I had a good time with it.

Andrey Rublev (1966)

Definitely 10 out of 10. I love this long and distressful journey in a search of Beauty. I like to think of Andrey Tarkovskiy as the only filmmaker to put Plato's Aesthetics in pictures

Paterson (2016) by Jim Jarmusch

A film that makes your day. Loved every minute of it...though there was never much happening...guess that's not a very easy thing to do...

9 out of 10

Under the Shadow (2016) by Babak Anvari

Probably the greatest horror film I've ever seen...having said that. it would be unjust to call it a horror film, only.

9 out of 10

Probably the greatest horror film I've ever seen...having said that. it would be unjust to call it a horror film, only.

9 out of 10
That's high praise indeed. I'm aiming to watch it this week.

The Accountant (2016)

+

I had low expectations for this movie and I think that helped me to enjoy it. It will help if you like Ben Affleck. I normally do and I thought he did a nice job in the lead. It's not crazy over the top like most action movies, which I was grateful for. I still often felt like I was watching a dumb movie, and it's fairly convoluted. I think it's a rather average movie overall, yet it had me pretty well interested and entertained.

The Accountant (2016)

+

I had low expectations for this movie and I think that helped me to enjoy it. It will help if you like Ben Affleck. I normally do and I thought he did a nice job in the lead. It's not crazy over the top like most action movies, which I was grateful for. I still often felt like I was watching a dumb movie, and it's fairly convoluted. I think it's a rather average movie overall, yet it had me pretty well interested and entertained.
Same here. It's definitely not a keeper but it kept me entertained.

Summer Villa (2016) 2/10. Very dull predictable romantic comedy supposedly set in France, but with nothing discernibly French about the setting at all, other than some background accordian music.

movies can be okay...

9 out of 10
Really....? I just finished watching it and I thought it was really dumb.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Interesting, the effects weren't top notch but it had an interesting plot with lots of twists, served its purpose as a popcorn flick 2.5 out of 5
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1073.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	28828  

Really....? I just finished watching it and I thought it was really dumb.
yeah, that's what make living so interesting you see, what I find brilliant, you find a dumb...love it

This might just do nobody any good.

Everything about this seems to be trying to elevate the very by-the-numbers script but none of it succeeds.

Still, there's some interesting ideas that peak through (though only briefly), good compositions and the action is well directed but, overall, it's nothing to write home about.

5.5/10

Nineteen Eighty-Four (1984) 8/10

It's Sunday evening, why the hell not another movie? I got to see Battersea Power Station, I got to see Suzanna Hamilton naked, I got to see great Richard Burton conducting a clinical trial to a new procedure. You got to love this movie