Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Laughton is creepy-good! Have you seen it before Captain? It's a precode film.

Some fun trivia:

Charles Laughton claimed that he based his Dr. Moreau appearance on that of his dentist.
Members of the new wave band Devo were fans of the film. The "What is the law?" sequence formed part of the lyrics to the band's song "Jocko Homo," with Bela Lugosi's query "Are we not men?" providing the title to their 1978 debut album "Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!".

Laughton is creepy-good! Have you seen it before Captain? It's a precode film.

Some fun trivia:
Never saw it before. I've seen bits of the version with Marlon Brando.
Charles Laughton was the best part. He always stands out.

The trivia about Devo is funny because that's the first thing I thought of when I heard the line "are we not men?"

I may continue to watch Sorority Row (2009). Leah Pipes as Jessica is great to watch.

Peppermint Frappé (1967)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

High Plains Drifter (1973)

I feel like watching some westerns in the upcoming days. I'm starting with this Eastwood classic.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Mogambo

Let me make this abundantly clear: John Ford is the greatest filmmaker who ever lived. This will be my 27th film from him.

White Hunter Black Heart (1990)

A Clint Eastwood picture to start the night! Probably watching another one right after.

Edit: Will have to watch The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976) first, because of a "technical difficulty" with the film above.