Movie Tab

Tools    

How did you manage to watch a film's score, Nebbit?

Alphaville (d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1965)

The Big Country (1958)
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
How did you manage to watch a film's score, Nebbit?
Weeeeeeell, didn't, just liked the picture, thought most people would know, I meant the movie.

The Naked Kiss (d. Samuel Fuller, 1964)

A great story and wonderfully told. Check it out.

And:

Italianamerican (d. Martin Scorsese, 1974)
The Big Shave (d. Martin Scorsese, 1967)

The Ladykillers - Tom Hanks is insane in this movie, and Marlon Wayans has never been funnier. Funny the entire way through.

Do you know my poetry?
21 Grams - ****

I'm really starting to love Focus Features, all their films are excellent. Here's another great Focus Features film with wonderful acting by the entire cast, especially the 3 main stars, Del Toro, Penn and Watts. Great storytelling by Guillermo Arriaga and very wonderful direction by the director of the great "Amores Perros" Alejandro González Iñárritu. All three stories are wonderfully told and wonderfully acted.

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
I'm really starting to love Focus Features, all their films are excellent.
Ahem:

I'm beginning to love the Focus Features logo because I know I'm usually going to see a good film behind it.

(posted HERE, yesterday @ 06:26 PM)
Man, can you please stop "adapting" other people's stuff for the purpose of your reviews?! Especially if you're going to adapt it badly!

I'm not just talking about a once-off with something I've written either. Stop using the mock-Slaytan formatting too. Your act is pathetic.

I'm not just talking about a once-off with something I've written either. Stop using the mock-Slaytan formatting too. Your act is pathetic.
let him be, you bully.

Barry Lyndon (d. Stanley Kubrick, 1975)

A pure masterpiece of the cinema that is at once both emotionally and intellectually engaging. Kubrick's film is not only beautiful to look at it [many have unfairly claimed that its beauty is all it has going for it], but epic, intimate and captivating in its telling.

Reservoir Dogs, Big Trouble in Little China and the Dream Team is what I watched yesterday. Watching Starsky and Hutch today.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Put me in your pocket...
Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed~ Granted...this isn't on the same level as Harry Potter....but I didn't expect it to be. As a kids/family movie, it was alot of fun. Story and character wise it was much better than the first. I took four kids to see it, and they loved it.

Barry Lyndon (d. Stanley Kubrick, 1975)

A pure masterpiece of the cinema that is at once both emotionally and intellectually engaging. Kubrick's film is not only beautiful to look at it [many have unfairly claimed that its beauty is all it has going for it], but epic, intimate and captivating in its telling.
I watched this again a couple of weeks ago. I agree with you, there are many more layers to this film than its 'spot on' representation of its period. Another thing is that Ryan O'Neal gives his greatest performance, with the possible exception of Paper Moon.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Do you know my poetry?
A Clockwork Orange - ****

Directed by: Stanley Kubrick
Written by: Stanley Kubrick
Starring: Malcolm McDowell
Released: 1971
Rated: R

My Critique: This was a great, and sometimes disturbing film. Yet another Kubrick masterpiece. Malcolm McDowell did one of the greatest performances I've ever seen on film and I just loved his voice narrations. I believe this is Kubrick's 2nd greatest film, again like he has done before he writes a very excellent screenplay and does a terrific job in directing.

Out of interet, do you ever not give something a four?
Check the middle of the last page.

Dawn of the Dead - This was one bloody damn movie, and I loved every minute of it.