Movie Tab

Tools    

Just do a reply and check the links, bro. They are cool.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Do you know my poetry?
El Mariachi - ***

Great film by Robert Rodriguez. I really liked the performance by Carlos Gallardo as the Mariachi, I also thought Peter Marquardt did a fantastic performance as "Moco". Awesome camera movements in the film, I loved them. Rodriguez both did a great job at both writing and directing. I also really loved the fact he made the film is Spanish.

AND

Two Bits - **1/2

Decent and watchable film, but not too good. I will admit the performances by Al Pacino and Jerry Barone were good, but the story wasn't.

Last 5 films watched:

Terminator, for the ?th time - 10/10
Knockaround guys - not bad, 6/10
Dumb and dumber - classic carrey, 9/10
Se7en - 10/10
Leon - 8/10

Ninja Scroll/Jubei ninpucho (1995)
Origin: -- Japan --
Genre: -- Anime --
Director: -- Yoshiaki Kawajiri --
My Rating: -- (out of 5)

Shallow Hal (2001)
Origin: -- USA --
Genre: -- Comedy --
Director: -- Sean / Peter Farrelly --

MovieForums Extra
Rear Window - (1954 d. Alfred Hitchcock) A classic. A
Secretary - (2002 d. Steven Shainberg) This movie made me squirm. I just can't put it any other way. I had heard a review on the radio a long time ago and it intrigued me. Totally enjoyed James Spader as the sadistic lawyer. It was like the part was written for him. B+

You're all trying to be so damned sart with how you present these things, but who cares? Stop trying to be Brian and just count what you're seeing like normal people.

L'Avventura (d. Michelangelo Antonioni, 1960)

The Hours - 3/5 (5/5 for acting, the story is a little slow in places)

Vampire Hunter: D (1985)
Director: -- Toyoo Ashida / Carl Macek --

I like to experiment around, Silver. I'll probably change the format back to just the name and a quick personnal grading again at some point.
I like to try new things and add a little detail every so often and sometimes its nice to share a bit more detail on a film you've seen for anyone else. It's all just for fun.

Appleseed / Appurushido (1988)
Director: -- Kazuyoshi Katayama--

well then you might find this interesting, revenant.

last week i was on spring break and watched:

brewster mccloud, nashville, popeye, thieves like us, the long goodbye, M*A*S*H, blade runner [original version], blade runner [director's cut], payback [like, gag me with a spoon], the night porter, the ballad of narayama, and black rain. most of those i hadnt seen before and really liked.

Do you know my poetry?
House of Sand and Fog - ****

I saw this film today and I was totally impressed with everything in it. The acting was fantastic, Jennifer Connelly gives the greatest performance of her wonderful career and Ben Kingsley gave one very fantastic performance as the character "Behrani" in the film. Very depressing film, one of last years best. A very sad Masterpiece.

Put me in your pocket...
Dirty Pretty Things (2002) ~ Well done dark drama. The acting is great...I loved Chiwetel Ejiofor as Okwe...he played a great character. I also liked him with Audrey Tautou.

The Postman/Il Postino (1994) ~ It was well done, but slow at times for me. Glad I saw it, wouldn't see it again.