Movie Tab

Tools    

The Last Temptation of Christ (d. Martin Scorsese, 1988)

Wow. Far and away one of the greatest, most personal films of all-time.

Lawrence of Arabia

Second time this week.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

**The Royal Tenembaums**
Star cast, star performances, cooky, wierd and excellant!

Put me in your pocket...
The Road Home~ A sweet, touching tearjearker. Beautifully done without being overdone.

Temptress Moon~ Somewhat of a disappointment. Very stylishly done (almost to the point of being overdone) and some intriguing parts to the story, but it seemed to drag on and on and on. I couldn't wait for it to end.

Holes~ Good family movie. My daughter loves this.

BANNED
this has got to be the longest thread ever
Donnie Darko

I must become Caligari..!
Once Upon a Time in America [1984] A+++ 1st Time
One of the greatest times of all time

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind [2002] C+ 1st Time
The Big Lebowski [1998] A+ 10thish Time
The Big Lebowski [1998] A+ 10thish +1 Time
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Hondo333
One of the greatest times of all time.
Once Upon a Time in America did very, very little for me.

Meanwhile:

In America (d. Jim Sheridan, 2003)
Stray Dog (d. Akira Kurosawa, 1949)

MovieForums Extra
Gods and Monsters -( A ) Outstanding work by Ian McKellan. I truly enjoyed this film.

Don Juan DeMarco - ( B ) One of my "feel good" movies. Hard to believe its nine years old.

I Capture the Castle -(B+) Sweet story. Great with a cup of tea.

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Once Upon a Time in America did very, very little for me.
I loved it, I found the charecters very deep not just the typical, Loyal Gangster and Backstabbing gangster, But to think about it A+++ may be a bit to genoruse..... on recount A++, It was even challeging The Good The Bad The Ugly as my fav Leone for a while until last night when i saw GBU on the big screen, WOW what a experiance...

Il Buono, il brutto, il cattivo [1966] A+++ 5th Time

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by jrs
Monster - Excellent ( A + ) - Virtually Charleze Theron's ultimate performance of her career !
Although that doesn't say a whole lot, I've heard WONDERFUL things about this movie.

The Majestic - Very good movie. I was one giant goosebump from beginning to end. Nice homage to Capra.

Amadeus (d. Milos Forman, 1984)
All the Real Girls (d. David Gordon Green, 2003)

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Amadeus (d. Milos Forman, 1984)
One of my favorites of all time.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by jrs
I really don't think it makes a difference.
I don't want to get into a big debate or anything, but you said "Virtually Charleze Theron's ultimate performance of her career !". What her career consists of has everything to do with what you said.

The fact that isn't changed is that her performance was brilliant.