The MoFo Top 100 of the 60s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

From Russia with Love is the best Bond film. That's a fact you can bank on. Sean Connery would kick Daniel Craig's ass, and do it with style.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I know I've seen From Russia With Love, but for the life of me I can't remember a single thing about it. I really should rewatch all of the classic Bond's to be honest its been a while.

I liked The Jungle Book when I was a kid. It's been a very long time since I last saw it.

Jungle book is a childhood film, not a favorite though, but I've been interested on rewatching it for years. Right now stands as a
or so.

From Russia with love, just like any other James Bond entry, is a movie I have been avoiding so far. I never grew enough interest on this franchise.

Not a big fan of Bond movies but From Russia With Love is one of the best. Not seen The Jungle Book but have it ready to watch - will get to it in the next few days.

My list:

8. The Human Condition III
22. Viridiana
25. Fail-Safe

Seen 11 of 14

Watched A Taste Of Honey last night enjoyed it quite a bit. It wouldn't have made my list but I'm really glad it did as I'm not sure if I would have ever watched it otherwise. Not much to add to what TN and Christine said. I felt Joan was very witty, cheeky and charming, if not a bit petulant at times. Not that I think that was a bad thing, I felt they struck the perfect balance between child and adult or her. Loved the dialogue too. Some of the banter between Joan and her Mum was brilliant. "I'll kiss you goodnight young lady", "I must be a biological miracle", "You don't look 40 more like a well preserved 60 year old" . Great to see positive portrayals of homosexuals this early on too.

Seen - 5/14
My List - 1/25

25.From Russia With Love

Unregistered User
Watched The Trial last night and loved it. Ive seen 8 of the 14 so far and only 1 from my list has shown in Seconds.

Loving this list already.

I'm glad a Bond movie made the list. I would had to have rewatched those early Bond movies to decide which one I liked the best to have voted for any of them and I just didn't have time. Not that it would have been a chore, but I had enough movies to choose from without trying to figure out which movie to place somewhere near the bottom of my list. But no 60s countdown would be complete without a Bond movie. The Jungle Book is cute, but let's get serious here...there's just way too many great films from the 60s to bother with something like that, though I can see how it might hold special appeal for some people.

Still waiting for the first movie from my list to show up. Who else hasn't had a movie of theirs show up yet?

Oh I am sure this is my fault.... let me go check my list.

(Checks List)

Ah yes, I had it at number #24. It was at 25 for a day or two, but I ended up ticking it up one slot by the deadline.
Phew... I was beginning to panic that I had forgot to enter a list then

But these are actually the first two films (edit: actually I've seen Oliver! a few times when I was younger, but never particularly liked it either) I've seen on the countdown, I'm such a poor host

I've seen The Jungle Book a few times when I was younger, but it was never one of my favourite Disney films, decent enough though.

From Russia With Love is one of my favourite James Bond films. I rewatched quite a few of them either earlier this year or last year as ITV always has them on. Quite minimalist for a James Bond film, I like the stylish film and the cool villain. Love the opening scene. I considered putting it or Goldfinger on my list, but I didn't in the end.

I'm glad a Bond movie made the list. I would had to have rewatched those early Bond movies to decide which one I liked the best to have voted for any of them and I just didn't have time. Not that it would have been a chore, but I had enough movies to choose from without trying to figure out which movie to place somewhere near the bottom of my list. But no 60s countdown would be complete without a Bond movie. The Jungle Book is cute, but let's get serious here...there's just way too many great films from the 60s to bother with something like that, though I can see how it might hold special appeal for some people.

Still waiting for the first movie from my list to show up. Who else hasn't had a movie of theirs show up yet?
Nothing here yet, or for Gatsby.

Master of My Domain
Nothing here yet, or for Gatsby.
I expect my films to not show up during the first half of the list, then suddenly pop up everywhere.

Grass Is Greener was my one pointer but I haven't had anything on the list proper.
Was this an actual top 25 or was it put there for recognition? Just wondering because it is on Netflix and I may watch it soon myself.

The Breakdown...

Blow-Up

6th (20 points), 8th (18 points), 14th (12 points), 19th (7 points), 2x 20th (12 points)

The Italian Job

7th (19 points), 8th (18 points), 12th (14 points), 2x 19th (14 points), 2x 24th (4 points)

Notes

These were the only two films to receive 69 points, so were seperated by how many lists they appeared on.