Movie Tab

Tools    

Something's Gotta Give, A-
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Punch-Drunk Love ****
Aguirre: The Wrath of God ***1/2
Reign of Fire **1/2
Time Bandits ***
AI: Artificial Intelligence ***

Originally Posted by jrs
In the Mouth of Madness ****
Not very well recieved, but it is one of my favorite Carpenter flicks.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

**Brotherhood of the Wolf**

A most marvellous film. A sensed a hint, and a pretty obvious hint at that, of Shakespeares Romeo and Juliet.
Sometimes when you have to watch a good film it's worth looking further afield then the english language ones.
The name Gavauden sounds awful familiar.
A high recomendation to watch this from me. Great!

Originally Posted by Revenant
**Brotherhood of the Wolf**
I saw it in the theater and thought it was kinda ridiculous.

The lady Vanishes: Alfred Hitchcock

Women in Love:

The Mosquito Coast: I haven't watched this for a long time, found Fords character frustrating.

Robin Hood: Silent movie, Douglas Fairbanks Sr, some very funny and corny parts but liked it.

Mystic River: A very powerful emotional journey,

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King ...Completely awesome.

The Lord of the Rings:The Return of the King***** - Very well made, does justice to finish of the LOTR films and of course it's...

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
...Completely awesome

Ditto!

Put me in your pocket...
X2: X Men United~ I liked it alot. I liked how we get to know the charcters more aside from the action.

Man on a Train~ Not sure if I liked it or not. It was well acted and well done, but kind of boring in spots. For a character driven movie I didn't feel like I was drawn into the characters. I should have been grabbing for the tissues at the end...but I didn't get caught up in the characters or care about them enough. There were also a few things I thought were a little odd. Well done movie that was just there. This could have been alot more than it was.

Also starting watching my Christmas movies...
The Man Who Came to Dinner~ Now this is a nice character driven movie. Monty Wooley is a stitch.

Meet Me in St. Louis~ One fo my favorite Judy Garland movies.

Do you know my poetry?
Movies I saw today
A Walk to Remember - ***
Red Dragon - ***1/2

The Cooler, B+
Good Las Vegas character piece, with terrific central performances by William H. Macy and Maria Bello. Not much original going on narrative-wise, but the actors make it work. Certainly not the best thing currently at the cinemas, but still very much worth seeing.

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, A+
Great documentary, amazingly capturing the attempted coup of Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez in 2002. Spellbinding, ultimately reaffirming of Democracy, but also damn frustrating to watch, as the country's media and corrupt rich (with the mainstream American press and power elite falling right in step) nearly manage to spin and cover-up the violent overthrow of the rightfully elected Government. One day when the full scope of the U.S. links to the coup are exposed (only very vaguely hinted at in the film), it'll be even more frustrating. Important movie, everybody should see it.

It has been another outstanding year for documentary film. And I haven't even been able to see Errol Morris' The Fog of War yet (opens here next week!).

Planet of the Apes...........directed........Tim Burton

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Seabiscuit - pretty boring, standard inspirational stuff. Not bad, but not very interesting.

this weekend i saw "a requiem for a dream" "natural born killers" "reservoir dogs" and "suicide kings". I would definetly recommend a requiem. i thought it was a great movie, kept me interested the whole way through and just a good protrayl of the characters. course natual born killers and reservoir dogs was good almost everyone has seen them. suicide kings was alrite, nothing too amazing but not bad either.

How was Big Fish?