Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm pretty sure you've already seen it before, but the film is weird even by Godard's standards. It's chaotic, but at the same time full of little glimpses of beauty.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
That's a bummer! I'm pretty sure you're not gonna like it, but then again it would be nice to be surprised for a change.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Sounds good! And with both Paul Newman and Edward G. Robinson, two fine actors, it should be good.

I saw it listed under the director Mark Robson's credits when I was working on the birthday list a couple of days ago, so I decided to give it a try.

I have like 3 minutes before I turn into a pumpkin. I wanted to ask your opinion on two scenes in The Three Lives of Thomasina.

In one scene the little girl with a very serious face tells her dad he is dead to her.

In another scene the dad almost becomes violent with Susan Hampshire 'the good witch'. I thought both scenes were too strong for a Disney film. What did you think?

I have like 3 minutes before I turn into a pumpkin. I wanted to ask your opinion on two scenes in The Three Lives of Thomasina.

In one scene the little girl with a very serious face tells her dad he is dead to her.

In another scene the dad almost becomes violent with Susan Hampshire 'the good witch'. I thought both scenes were too strong for a Disney film. What did you think?

I agree that both scenes were a bit too strong for a Disney movie, but they were both powerful scenes, and necessary to the story.

The little girl saying that her father is dead to her shows how much she loved the cat, and how angry she is at her father. To him, what he did was no big deal, but to her, that cat was her best friend. It's important to show how heartless he is towards the animals.

And the scene with the father getting "violently" mad at the "witch" also shows his personality. He has lost faith in God, and he is angry at the world. In contrast, the "witch" is the person who has faith. She believes that if she's not afraid of the animals, they won't hurt her, and she also believes that God brought the father to her to help the injured animal.

His character is all about the lack of faith, and her character is all about having faith.

For a Disney movie, it had a fairly religious theme.

You can have faith in more than religion.

Yes, but something made me think that this movie was about his losing his faith in God. I don't remember if it was something specific that was said, or just a feeling that I got while watching the movie.

The Maze Runner - Wes Ball (2014)

- Seems Interesting

Frank (2014)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug