Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I can't recommend Commando highly enough. I love that film. So much better than Predator.
Not better than Predator, but very good still.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Gone Girl

I wouldn't consider myself a Fincher fanatic, but I definitely look forward to anything he puts out. It is usually always quality stuff. I just caught the matinee today in theaters. Man was that a roller coaster ride. First let me reiterate what I posted on another forum in here, Rosamund Pike was awesome and is definitely my leader in the clubhouse for Best Actress. She had to play a lot of different layers to her character and she did it effortlessly. Charming, Innocent, psychopath, caring, vulnerable. It was dizzying and she didn't blink. This will be the role that hopefully gives her more chances to shine even brighter. She was the best part of the movie lets get that out of the way.

As far as everyone else they did just fine too, even Tyler Perry was pretty well cast. The best casting to me, on paper (Pike ended up being the best), was Ben Afflack. Afflack fit the bill because he comes with that weight of people feeling like they already know all about Afflack before ever meeting him. Ben did a good job in the movie, not award worthy but outstanding work. Another notch in his great comeback. NPH felt a tad off at times but he was ok too, I think casting someone else there would have been better served but i'll give it a pass.

But the movie itself was a roller coaster. I had not read the book so I had no clue what was going happen. It definitely keep me guessing which is always a positive. I could nitpick at some things but all and all it was a very good thriller. It seemed a bit long, he could have maybe cut 15 or 20 minutes somewhere. But I still enjoyed it. You felt like you where in this with Ben and it has a very Fincher atmosphere. I keep hearing how it might be his funniest movie. I didn't see any of that until the final act. Then it becomes very very dark humor but it is pretty funny. I'd highly recommend checking it out if you like mystery thrillers. It turns into a character driven pic mid way through thou. And if you like Fincher you should like this.

I'd give it 3.5 out of 5.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I can't recommend Commando highly enough. I love that film. So much better than Predator.

Legendary!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

DBZ battle of the gods English dub, 4/5. I rated this film when I found a free streaming version of it online, but watching it in dub form, which I found had better voice acting made the film better. I'm also rating the whole blu-ray combo pack I had and while the special features aren't many they are great and make the whole movie more fun. More than that as well, like I said when I first watched it, the animation is incredible and the battle in it is quite interesting as well.

Unregistered User

Three Colours:Blue (1993)

I really enjoyed Veronique but this was on a whole other level for me. Tragic, moving and philosophical to name a few. And with that score. A masterpiece.

Before the Revolution (1964)

(Italian: Prima della rivoluzione)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Princess Mononoke (1997)

Princess Mononoke is a powerful movie about the environment, and the negative effect that humans have on the forest, but it's not my favorite of the anime movies that I've seen. I liked the story, even though it's a bit darker than the other anime movies I've watched recently, but I found some of the characters a bit annoying, and some of the creatures were kind of creepy looking.

I didn't love Princess Mononoke as much as most people seem to, but I did enjoy it, and I would recommend that everyone watch this before submitting their animation list.

Sideways (2004)

I thought Sideways was an interesting movie about two middle-aged men traveling through California's wine country, but I wouldn't consider it either a comedy or a romantic-comedy. It kept my attention throughout the movie, but it didn't make me laugh much, and the romance part is really just a background story. It seemed to be more about the friendship between the two men, and how they seem to need each other. It features great performances by both Paul Giamatti and Thomas Haden Church, and I liked the ending of the movie.

The Intruder (1962)

The Intruder is a powerful movie about racism in a small southern town at a time when school integration is just starting. It was directed by Roger Corman, and it stars William Shatner as a man who comes to the town, and incites the white people of the town to fight back against the court-ordered integration.

This movie doesn't have the same feel as most Roger Corman movies because it's a much more dramatic story. Ironically, this is one of Roger Corman's best movies, but it was a financial failure. William Shatner gives a great performance in this powerful role.

I highly recommend this hidden gem of a movie, especially for anyone who's planning to submit a list for the Top 1962 Movies.

We will just say the kids really wanted to see this one. There is no way I have been seeing the trailer for three months and was excited for it. The animation is great and there are a couple of scenes I really liked. Overall this one is written with the kids in mind though.

Carrie (2013)

With: Chloe Grace Moretz, Julianne Moore and Judy Greer

6/10

The acting was graceful and fine, but the argument/dialogue were plain sore and boring. Same as all the horror movies, though this did not feel like one, it felt like x-men + teen bullying + revenge. The actors did their job just fine, but I'd have enoyed it more as a silent film.

It's an original story but they broke it down to ashes with those dialogues, it's a movie that is saved by the bell for me. Clearly came expecting too much.

Really loved this one. Simple in animation and narrative but both are extremely effective. The score was top notch as well.

THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG (2013)

Caught this on a movie channel late tonight, not much a fan of the first two-thirds of this movie. Sometimes like the dynamic between Thorin Oakenshield and Bilbo Baggins, sometimes find them both a tad annoying. but i do like Smaug the dragon and how he chills in his treasure lair of riches and death. the scene where Sauron (or Sauron's spirit?) shows up was kind of cool too. somewhat entertaining. will see the last one this year i suppose

Rating
:
+ 6.5 / 10

You know this is a remake, yes?
Yes, I've seen scenes of the other Carries, decided to give this one a try because of Chloe Moretz. Well could've been better, at least so I think, I may check out the other Carries later on.

Henry & Me (2014)

I absolutely hate how much I loved this movie. As a lifelong New York Mets fan, I have also been a New York Yankees hater for as long as I can remember, but this movie was wonderful. It's a heartwarming and inspirational story of a young boy who is taken on a journey with some of the best New York Yankees players of yesterday and today. While learning lessons about baseball, he also learns life lessons about believing in himself.

This movie features voices of many of the New Yankees playing themselves, and I highly recommend this movie, especially if you're a baseball fan and you recognize the players.

Who's Got the Action? (1962)

In Who's Got the Action?, Dean Martin plays a gambling addict, and Lana Turner plays his wife who comes up with a crazy scheme to try to stop his gambling habit. She enlists the help of his partner, played by Eddie Albert, to make sure that he loses to a fake bookie, but when he starts winning, and brings his friends into the "action", he draws the attention of the local mobster, played by Walter Matthau. The scheme seems like something that Lucy Ricardo would have concocted on "I Love Lucy", so if you like that type of comedy, you'll probably like this movie.

This is not the best movie for any of the actors, but if you like crazy comedies, the this is just a fun movie that you'll probably enjoy.

Portrait of Jennie (1948) (Recommended by mark f)

Portrait of Jennie is a haunting story of a struggling artist, (played by Joseph Cotten), who meets a young girl named Jennie, (played by Jennifer Jones). He becomes romantically obsessed with the girl, but the mystery surrounding her is how she ages every time he sees her, and seems to be lost in time.

It's a bit predictable at times, so it's not quite as good as similar movies, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and Somewhere in Time, but this is a wonderful story with beautiful scenery, and great performances by the entire cast. It's a roller coaster of emotion that is a must-see movie for any classic movie fan.

Inbred (2011)

Pretty good British horror; it's sick at times, but not too disturbing due to the sometimes comedic/silly tone. I would've preferred this to be a more serious movie, but I'd still recommend it to horror fans.