Reading Tab

Tools    

I’m just the espresso
I want to read something by that author. He is my aunt's favorite right now.
I liked South of the Border, West of the Sun. Kafka on the Shore is also supposed to be really good but I have not read that one yet.

I’m just the espresso
Yeah, they had a nice release of 1Q84 here in the States. It's split into three volumes.
I saw that one as well. Dude, I live in the States it's just I get most of my books online cause our local bookstores are mostly pretty sh*t in my opinion. Or maybe I'm just a bookstore snob.

Good bookstores are hard to come by, but I found a really good one in Sac recently. There were like 6 books I wanted to buy.

I want to read something by that author. He is my aunt's favorite right now.
I'd recommend Norwegian Wood. Murakami is operating on some otherworldly level in that novel.

That's the one I was thinking of reading first, Justin. It's the only one I had heard of before, but it was also adapted into a film with a score by one of my favorite composers, Jonny Greenwood. Which, even though it says nothing about the novel, makes me want to read it.

Just started reading Peter Carey's Oscar and Lucinda. This is a Booker Prize winning novel which I have been planning to read since a long time. Touted to be a startling and unusual love story, the novel imagines Australia's youth before its dynamic passions become dangerous habits.

The last book I read was One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. As one reviewer put it: Love and lust, war and revolution, riches and poverty, youth and senility - these universal themes dominate the novel. One of the most gripping stories I've ever read.

As soon as I finish one book, I need to begin another; my husband always complains that I care for books more than I care for him! But I'm glad that my daughter is taking after me. She has always found her mom neck-deep in some book, and though she's too young to actually read, she makes sure she buries her nose in one of her picture books too! I found her some reading games online and she thoroughly enjoys them, while I can get some peace time with my books.

Anyways, the next novels on my list which I need to complete this year are - The House of Mirth (by Edith Wharton), Atonement (by Ian McEwan) and Mrs. Dalloway (by Virginia Woolf). Anybody here familiar with any of these?

I thought your name was actually Theo. I can't believe it's not. Everything I know about the universe is suddenly collapsing with this new information.

I’m just the espresso
I thought your name was actually Theo. I can't believe it's not. Everything I know about the universe is suddenly collapsing with this new information.
I wish. My real name's quite embarrassing.

Guys, he told me.

WARNING: "Theo's real name" spoilers below
Melvin.

I need to start reading again. The last two years my movie watching has completely derailed my reading. There is a bunch of C.S. Lewis I have been meaning to get to. The last five books I read were the GOT series.