Movie Tab

Tools    

Intolerable Cruelty
"Are you Wheezy Joe?"
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Did you like it Holden? I might see it tonight if I can get over the intensity of Kill Bill.

Kill Bill: Volume One Awesome, awesome, awesome! This movie was great. I was afraid that the ending might seem obscenely ubrupt because of the whole 2 part deal, but he found a way to make it work. And it was awesome!

Wow, I will definitely go see it then. I don't know why I'm surprised that it's good though, I mean it is a Coen brothers movie...

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Yes, I liked Intolerable Cruelty a lot. Seeing it again tomorrow morning.
Cool Holden. I appreciate the heads up, because I really want to see this (I love the Coen Bros)....now all I need to see is this and Mystic River.

28 Days Later
2002 | dir. Danny Boyle

The Year of Living Dangerously
1982 | dir. Peter Weir

House of 1000 Corpses-(1st and last time) Never before has I seen a movie so bad, (and this is before I add my personal feelings into this), and that I hated so much. Words can't express the hatred I have for this film at the moment. If you are a true sadist and an evil person, you might get a kick out of this film. It is SOOOOOOOOOOO bad, both on terms of movie quality, (as the plots was completely worthless, the acting was generally terrible, and the script was absolute crap), but also on terms of morality, (as this is almost 88 minutes of watching 4 people being tortured to death). Thank you guys for warning me....I'm VERY sorry I didn't listen.

I think I'm gonna watch Jackie Brown now to purge my mind of the filth of this movie. It will be a true testament to Quentin if he can cure me of really-horrible-movie-induced depression.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Paths of Glory - 1957 - Dir. Kubrick

Review Here

NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

I must become Caligari..!
Death of a Nation (1994)|Pilger|David Munro
'Jakarta is now sending guerrillas to provoke incidents that provide an excuse to invade.'
A+
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Mark
Paths of Glory - 1957 - Dir. Kubrick

Review Here

Thanks Mark for the great review

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
House of 1000 Corpses-(1st and last time) Never before has I seen a movie so bad, (and this is before I add my personal feelings into this), and that I hated so much. Words can't express the hatred I have for this film at the moment. If you are a true sadist and an evil person, you might get a kick out of this film. It is SOOOOOOOOOOO bad, both on terms of movie quality, (as the plots was completely worthless, the acting was generally terrible, and the script was absolute crap), but also on terms of morality, (as this is almost 88 minutes of watching 4 people being tortured to death). Thank you guys for warning me....I'm VERY sorry I didn't listen.

I think I'm gonna watch Jackie Brown now to purge my mind of the filth of this movie. It will be a true testament to Quentin if he can cure me of really-horrible-movie-induced depression.
I don't even think the torture was as bad for the characters as it was for anybody who saw it.
And Tarantino really is what the doctor ordered for you on this one.

watched Bringing Out the Dead

Yep. It did the body good!

Kill Bill: Volume One Workprint - A++++

Tarantino's best film. !!! I was simply in awe how amazing and outstanding this film is. With the action and moves, style and flash that the movie brings it really is , no doubt , top notch quality.
I loved the animation sequence. The artwork was beautiful and perfectly well fitting.
Unlike ProjectMayhem though ...I always thought Quentin would complete Volume One in a positive way and he did.

Now I am psyched for Volume Two. Although, I have to wait 4 long months .

Originally Posted by jrs
...I always thought Quentin would complete Volume One in a positive way and he did
And what an ending it was

Intolerable Cruelty Finally a romantic comedy for people who don't like romantic comedies.

**Monsters Inc.**

Pixar have certainly done wonders with this film. The comedy was great, the animation was brilliant,the voice actors well cast. What's not to like about it?

Kill Bill, Vol. 1 - Simply fab. I don't know much about Japanese cinema, but I do know what kicks my ass. And this, most definitely, kicked my ass.
"Your mother had it coming. When you get older, if you still feel raw about it... I'll be waiting."

**Snatch**

Cor, blimey, Mary Poppins this was a good limey film. A highly entertaining fiasco movie which grips and brings a smile to your face. Brad Pitt a strange but inspired choice for the pikers role. Hard to choose a favourite character with so many good ones but the Russian Boris certainly had some fun moments in the film. I highly reccomend this.

Mulholland Drive