Movie Tab

Tools    

Meep.

Secondhand Lions
"From what I can tell, they tried to crash through the barn upside-down." (Not sure if that quote's accurate. I'm too lazy to care.)

Fearless
"Pray for us. This is the hour of our death."
1993 | Peter Weir
+

Stargate

Mighty Ducks 2

For a kids film this was a lot of fun to watch. On equal footing with the original but with some good and bad additional characters. 'Russ' was especially annoying. ~B+~

**Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness**

Including the first two if ever there was a film where intentional bad effects proved to be a major bonus and added entertainment factor it would be this. Ash is an iconographic character in films. His combination of antics and anti-hero personifications truely make a great person in film, here he shines with aplomb and where would he be without his trusty chainsaw and shotgun. A mans (out of time against deadites) best friends. This film does not quite meet up to the second one but still its a hell of a ride. I'm also quite glad that we British got the darker ending. Who needs a happy ending anyway? I'm going to get the DVD box set very soon.

**Ed Wood**

Marvellous film. See my review on the movie review forum.

Batman Forever

Hokum, action fun. Seeing this again has made me realise Val Kilmer was not that bad a batman just let down by an overly comicy approach to a character who is anything but light. ~C+~

Kelly's Heroe's

I liked this. Not really much else to say. ~B-~

The Krays

A fascinating film with a suitably sombre ending. ~B~

Batman Returns

There are already a lot of signs where the films are leading too. Despite the star-studded cast there was not an outstanding performance, possible exception being Pfeiffer's betrayel of Catwoman, ignoring the way Catwoman was born of course. ~B-~

**The Company of Wolves**

I love this film of fable and fantasy. Taking it one way it could simply be a variation of fable telling. Alternatively it can be seen as the coming of age rights of a pre-pubescent girl. Her growth into the realm of adulthood and the fears that have to be faced. Dark, twisted and bloody interesting none-the-less.

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Man, I have not seen this film in years and years and after watching it again recently I'm wondering why. Steve Martin and John Candy are perfectly matched here with Martin playing the straight man and Candy the joker figure (err back to Batman here Now that would have been an interesting casting. ). Going through the funnies and tribulations of there way back to Chicago for Thanksgiving, it was a nice but a not too unexpected surprise to see an almost entire reversal of characters, with Martin taking on the friendlier attitude that Candy's character potrayed and Candy taking on a more serious role at the other end of the scale. I delighful film but not quite star worthy. ~B+~

Needful Things

Some major changes to the book plot but still an entertaining film. ~C+~

Last of the Dogmen

A curious film about the discovery of the remnants of a Cheyenne tribe still living in the old style away from the influence of white society. Interesting but not spectacular by native american focus film standards, that's reserved for Dancing with Wolves. ~C~

Originally Posted by Revenant
**Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness**

Including the first two if ever there was a film where intentional bad effects proved to be a major bonus and added entertainment factor it would be this. Ash is an iconographic character in films. His combination of antics and anti-hero personifications truely make a great person in film, here he shines with aplomb and where would he be without his trusty chainsaw and shotgun. A mans (out of time against deadites) best friends. This film does not quite meet up to the second one but still its a hell of a ride. I'm also quite glad that we British got the darker ending. Who needs a happy ending anyway? I'm going to get the DVD box set very soon.

I haven't gotten a chance to see Army of Darkness in a theatrical release. The first time I saw it was on DVD when it was put out with both versions. I like the end of the world, darker ending too. Makes it more fun . I bought it and it's worth it.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The Rundown - This was a good action/popcorn flick. (see, I'm not against a bit of goofball action, I just want it to be better than Underworld, which this is..) And I totally called it. the first part, The Rock walks by Arnold Scwarzennegger...Obviously passing the torch!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
At last, my friend shouted me to the movies, we both loved it, Johnny Depp was great as a pirate version of Keith Richards. Funny, my friend and I were the only ones in the Theater laughing at him.

Paris, Texas
1984 | Wim Wenders | A++

The new rating system sucked.
What I really needed was a new format.

Hard Boiled - Only John Woo can make a gunfight play out like a sword fight.

**Pay It Forward**

This film surprised me, it turned out greater then my expectations. Kevin Spacey was marvellous as Mr Simonet. Haley Joel Osmett was terrific toobut everytime he started crying for a scene I thought of 'The Sixth Sense', an unfortunate stigmata that is going to hold until his adulthood when age takes away his childish qualities. This film has inspiration and heart in both the plot and for the audience to experience.

A little sad, a little funny, and a lasting memory.

Put me in your pocket...
The Widow of Saint-Pierre (2000)
Well done period piece with Juliette Binoche as Pauline (Madame La) and
Daniel Auteuil as her husband Jean. I liked these two together and they were great in their roles. There were some lovely moments...and there were some things I wished they explored more....like Jean's character. I wasn't wild about the ending either...not sure if it was the way it was written, or the way it was done. I should have cried more.

It was good...but something was missing for me. I would give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Long Time Dead

A damn good spooky tale that does not overly rely on special effects, what with the lesser british budget in comparison to the Hollywood market. The characters are incompetantly good and the bad guy is well potrayed. Not quite on par with 'Dog Soldiers' and '28 Days later' in the british horror movie industry but very, very close. ~B+~

K-PAX
surprisingly good 7/10

Rabbit Proof Fence
excellent 9/10

Pirates of the Caribbean
pure entertainment 8/10

Freaky Friday.........

7/10............

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

School of Rock I loved this movie. A good time the whole way through.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
The School of Rock-(1st time) This was SOOOOOOO good. I really loved it....I was grinning like a moron throughout it. It is really a great, light, enjoyable movie. EVERYONE needs to see it.