Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Great film, I think the plot is a bit of a mess and it's clearly been edited somewhat from what Welles intended, but it's still great, just a shame as I think it could have been a masterpiece.
Welles truly is the king.

The film was pretty weird, but I could still follow the plot. It was kind of a mess sometimes (probably because of the editing) and it had some odd turns and questionable moments, but it still looked absolutely fantastic and the last 10 minutes are some of the best 10 minutes of cinema I've EVER seen! I rewatched the ending 4 times right after the movie finished. Incredible!

"And I was the fall guy..."

Yeah, when all is revealed I'm not sure all the plot actually makes sense, but it doesn't matter much, and I just remember the bizarre court room scene too, that was weird. But as you say, the ending scene is a masterpiece in itself, and as always with Welles the cinematography and visual images and tricks he employs are a joy to behold.

It's such a shame that he didn't get the creative control he deserved and that so many of his films have been lost or severely edited. Welles truly is one of the absolute gods of filmmaking.

Still got this to watch:

And going for these, perhaps:

I never heard of Targets before; I just looked it up and it sounds real good. The other 3 are all pretty awesome.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

I Saw the Devil and Unbreakable

I would like to watch more tonight, but I won't be over ambitious.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I Saw the Devil and Unbreakable

I would like to watch more tonight, but I won't be over ambitious.

I'm not familiar with "I Saw the Devil", but "Unbreakable" was awesome. (And I'm not even a Bruce Willis fan.)

I'm going to watch Julie&Julia, starring Meryl Streep. I was going to watch it long time ago but for some reason I could not remember the name of this movie. It just did not stick. Then I got some recommendation by email from Funkyflick.com that I follow and that was it. Well, what I expect is to see a pleasant romantic comedy and great acting of Meryl! Will see.

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It looks like the 60s Godard is hyped and gets all the praise, but I never hear anything about his later efforts. Gotta get to know 'em as well!

Hail Mary

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
It looks like the 60s Godard is hyped and gets all the praise, but I never hear anything about his later efforts. Gotta get to know 'em as well!

Hail Mary

I say this all the time, and nobody listens...
Most people think Godard died after '68, but really he just kept evolving as a filmmaker and at a rate too fast for the popular or critical community to keep up. I think Passion is his best of the '80s, but Hail Mary and the supremely wacky, metaphysical King Lear are very good too (the latter of which has the best Godard performance!).