Your Favorite Characters

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Alec Guinness - Col. Nicholson

I ought to chime in with mine.

Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China - what a walking collection of quotes. "When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail.""

Tequila, Hard-Boiled - a pair of guns is all we need. Plus, he has style - the man plays clarinet (or was it sax) in a jazz club.

Pvt. W. Hudson, Aliens - well, I certainly enjoyed his panic fits. What do you mean they cut the power ?

Nada, They Live - craftily acted by Roddy Piper, memorable quote : "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum."

Snake Plissken - yes, so I'm a Carpenter fan. But Snake's one cool cat.

A combination of Dirty Harry and Paul Hersey from Death Wish - testosterone overdose, sometimes neccessary.

John Hurt-John Merrick

I must become Caligari..!
Capt. Lionel Mandrake Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

He is one of my favorites too!

Stifler, you stupid ****s!

Love him or hate him, he is still a good character.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by DeMoN
Stifler, you stupid ****s!

Love him or hate him, he is still a good character.

Ahh man Stiffler is AWESOME! I love his character in the American Pie movies, I dont think anybody else could play stiffler like Seann William Scott did

Shake well before opening.
Without a doubt Jean Reno in Leon the Proffessional.

Originally Posted by FIVEDOUBLE6321
Without a doubt Jean Reno in Leon the Proffessional.
Nice choice. Very nice.

I "like", (although I think that is the wrong word), Norman Stansfield almost as much as I do Leon. He was quite the villain.

i agree, gary oldman is one of my favorite actors and he always played the best bad guy. Luc besson who did the proffesional did the fifth element which gary oldman was in again as the bad guy and he was just as vague as norman stansfield but still gave the best bad guy performance ever.

I totally agree here. He has given us at least two of cinema's greatest villains: Zorg and Stansfield.

Gary can handle any accent flawlessly, and has played more of my favorite characters than probably any other actor. One of the best actors alive.

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
PJ: speaking of Gary Oldman:

just so yyou all know "drexal" is the best CH> Oldman has ever played...so out of the ordinary...I think it was right after true romance he played in imortal beloved....now thats "The Change" and right after that he did The Profesional" tell me if my facts are skewed.. but in my opinon. Oldman is such a great performer that i theruly(!) believe he has "CYBIL" qualities.

P>S> if any one playes VIDS you know ware you type your name? (In any game) well spell drexal as such: "DrExAL" (parks) and look close at what it spells out.
then throw on true romance and look at what it is Drexal does besides pimping. if you all figure it out I will give all of you a gold star.

Deal, as in Dealing drugs? Thats what the character did in the movie. He was great as that villain as well....although he was short lived....

He has played so many great roles. Not all of them are villains.....

very true.
EXCEPT!!! it says: "deal drugs" if you look up to a drug store sighn you usually see RX writen. and drexal is dealrx.
but you are correct. he has played great non villans too....hmm. not a movie is comming to mind off hand...into the vault I go.............................

who would win in a fight: gary oldman or jesus?

eghhhem.
your friend and trusted advisor:...(pause) drexal parks.

no contest

trick question. Gary Oldman is jesus.

Originally Posted by drexal parks
very true.
EXCEPT!!! it says: "deal drugs" if you look up to a drug store sighn you usually see RX writen. and drexal is dealrx.
That's because Rx is the sign in medicine for medication's or drugs.

Originally Posted by drexal parks
very true.
but you are correct. he has played great non villans too....hmm. not a movie is comming to mind off hand...into the vault I go.............................
My first choice is the old Ludwig van (Immortal Beloved).