Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Finally something in WB superhero movie I like. It could use a tweaks like longer ears and a bit more color but overall I like better than any of Bale's suits.

I like it, I'm not entirely sure about the veiny nature of the suit but besides that all good, as for the ears well I think they're going in for the Frank Miller Batman from The Dark Knight Returns
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	url.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	14596  

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I can think of almost no set of circumstances that would result in me parting with any of my own £££ to see this movie. Other than perhaps "amazing" reviews, like 9/10 or higher, from many reputable critics.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Ime really liking the suit. Looks great.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Hey, I just merged the two threads on this topic. FYI, in case anyone wonders why there's some dupe stuff now.

I was wondering why my picture was on this thread. LOL!

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
I can think of almost no set of circumstances that would result in me parting with any of my own £££ to see this movie. Other than perhaps "amazing" reviews, like 9/10 or higher, from many reputable critics.
Movie with Batman and Superman and you won't watch it? Really? I think this movie will be epic,no need to hate it for now,one bad cast choice(WW)that is all I don't like about it.

Movie with Batman and Superman and you won't watch it? Really? I think this movie will be epic,no need to hate it for now,one bad cast choice(WW)that is all I don't like about it.
It's not really Batman and Superman though is it. Batman is the Christian Bale/Nolan version that I can't believe isn't going to be in this movie, and Superman is Christopher Reeve/Donner version which granted isn't possible, but Man of Steel was just a poor imitation.

As I said because MOS was so crap and this isn't going to be the "Dark Knight" version of Batman I am literally not seeing this unless the reviews blow me away.

Ummm,ok MOS was bad for you,I can understand that,I personally liked it.W8 do you want to say that every Batman after Nolan won't be good?Or you are just guessing he will be be bad,because there is nothing to tell us that this Batman will be bad.

No not saying that every Batman from now will be bad or that we might even get a Batman equal or better than the recent version, however not having this recent hugely successful Batman tied into the Justice League movie/s in the same way that Downey Jnr and iron Man is the poster child for The Avengers is very disappointing, especially given that the Batman vs Superman movie is coming immediately after the Nolan series.

In the Beginning...
Personally, I'm glad we're finally getting past the Nolan Bat-verse. It was a really compelling "realistic" take on Batman, but the weakest link was always the portrayal of Batman himself.

Christian Bale was only decent as Bruce Wayne, and absolutely awful as Batman. The voice was awful and the character direction, in my view, was fairly bland. I never felt like Batman was truly the lead character. He always seemed to be more of a reactive element, with The Joker and Bane commanding most of the attention and forward momentum in their respective films. It was a bit more balanced in Batman Begins, but I think that's largely because Nolan needed to establish how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman anyway.

Short answer: enjoyable though the films are, I don't think Nolan's interpretation of the world of Batman is definitive. It's time for a new take.

Basically it comes down to this;

Man of Steel Sucked......BAD, I gave it 3/10 and we're given a new Batman who quite simply isn't going to be as good as the recent version.

Yet we're supposed to get exited about Batman vs Superman??!! Don't think so.

Personally, I'm glad we're finally getting past the Nolan Bat-verse. It was a really compelling "realistic" take on Batman, but the weakest link was always the portrayal of Batman himself.

Christian Bale was only decent as Bruce Wayne, and absolutely awful as Batman. The voice was awful and the character direction, in my view, was fairly bland. I never felt like Batman was truly the lead character. He always seemed to be more of a reactive element, with The Joker and Bane commanding most of the attention and forward momentum in their respective films. It was a bit more balanced in Batman Begins, but I think that's largely because Nolan needed to establish how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman anyway.

Short answer: enjoyable though the films are, I don't think Nolan's interpretation of the world of Batman is definitive. It's time for a new take.
"finally getting past" and "it's time for a new take"??!!

It's been less than 2 years, yet we're getting an insta reboot. Reminds me of "The Amazing Spiderman". We're just stuck in this rut of rebbots.

In the Beginning...
I wouldn't say I'm excited, but we're getting the film whether we like it or not. I'm pleasantly surprised to see a great costume design for Batman. I'm dubious about some of the casting choices (Gal Gadot? Really?), but hey, maybe they'll pull it together. They've certainly had the benefit of hearing all the criticisms of Man of Steel, which were warranted. Let's hope they listened.

"finally getting past" and "it's time for a new take"??!!

It's been less than 2 years, yet we're getting an insta reboot. Reminds me of "The Amazing Spiderman". We're just stuck in this rut of rebbots.
It's hard to do a Superman/Batman film when Bruce Wayne, under the Nolan canon, isn't even Batman anymore. No? You want a Superman/Robin film?

Look, there was no chance this film would move forward with Christian Bale. The guy wants to do other stuff. The studio wants to copy Marvel and build a string of films that are all interconnected. Cross purposes, man. This is why you're seeing a different actor.

Now, this is me personally talking: I want a new take. I don't speak for everyone. But I've talked considerably on this site about how, while I enjoyed the Nolan films, I feel like they missed the mark on a lot of things. So yeah, I don't want to wait another 20 years for a new Batman film with a new approach and new actors. Sue me!

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Eh, i think its going to be hard comming off the heels of the Nolan movies, people loved those, myself included.

An insta reboot seems like it would be surreal, weird--Affleck infintly does not appeal as batman to me.

The Nolan movies seemed like an ultimate batman set-up into the Justice League crossovers, which now seem squandered.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Initially, i thought the new batman suit made Affleck look like an ashy dog turd, but the more i see it the more it grows on me.

I just don't have any confidence in Affleck as batman (don't think he is bad, i liked the town) but hopefully he can prove my negative assertions wrong.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
At first whenever I saw the picture of Ben Affleck, I thought he looked like brick ****-house, or .. overly muscular, however, I like it. The costume seems really different from a lot that we've seen, and in-fact, it might be the first Batman suit that I have actually liked a lot. I'll wait until I see more to confirm that. The Batmobile also looks pretty cool from what we've seen.

The movie seems to be coming along.

Up to now things are looking good. Only thing I don't want to happen is to many characters. I love everything about Batman from what we've seen so far. And I trust Snyder. I have no problem with this movie following on from Nolan's Batman, because let's me honest TDKR wasn't up to much. And I also don't want to be waiting 20 years for another.

1.I like everything they done here,my only problem is WW,Ben can do this,he looks amazing in this picture and that is a big thing,he looks good,that is one part of his character checked,we will need to w8 and see about that acting part but I think/hope he will be great.
2.TDKR came out in 2012,and this movie is coming out in 2016,so that is 4 years.I don't have problem with new Batman,I don't want to w8 10 years because someone can't understand that this is different Batman.
3.I don't need Batman/Superman/WW/GL/Cyborg movies and then JL,why they can't create BvsS then JL and from JL split it in more movies?I don't understand all that bitching about them not having their own movies before JL because Avengers would be totally same movie without solo movies,they explained everything.Creating JL then creating solo movies can work.

4.MOS was good movie for me,better than Thor,Cap America,Hulk's,Iron Man 2 and maybe 3,so yea...I enjoyed it,nothing wonderful and epic but good movie.
5.Bale didn't want to do it,they couldn't do it.Imagine restricted Batman,fighting Superman and other aliens,Nolan created Batman that is one of most restricted Batman's ever.So putting him in JL would be horrible.Nolan trilogy was epic-wonderful,just look at my top 10 list and you will understand what I think about it,but this was very realistic Batman,not JL Batman.

Pretty much agree with all of above. I also don't think we need tons of movies to tie in to a JL movie. Let's be honest Thor, and Iron Man and the rest didn't build into a big story for The Avengers. They was there own movie, with there own story's with a little 2 minute clip at the end to throw it all together. And I also agree with MOS being better than Thor, Hulk, Captain America and Iron Man 2.