Need help with the title of an old comedy film

Tools    

Hello everybody, I'm new at this forum, and I need your help on this particular movie, please.

I watched the re-run in television a long time ago. For some reason, I remembered this, and looking to find the title. It's more of a film, I think (not exactly movie theater material, or perhaps 'B-class' movie).

So I think it's 90's-2000's comedy film. Low budgeted, with no big movie stars (that I can remember) The main role is a young male teacher, just starting to work at a slum high school. The high school was originally portrayed as a stereotyped bad high school, with dark dirty hallway, vandalism on the wall, students fighting/wrestling in the hallway, etc. So the plot was, this new male teacher got the high school to reform into a nice high school. So nice, that even the principal 'didn't feel right' with the condition of the high school.

I remembered 2 scenes that literally brought me to a laughing fit. One was a collection of background scenes of the hallway transformation, where they show the hallway in the background being cleaned up, painted, and in the end there were students singing christmas carols in the hallway. The principal who were walking past them, said 'oh, shut up...'

The second scene was when the main role was teaching a class. He held up a book, and said something like, 'this is a book... come on, open it, don't be afraid...', and the students opened their book with amazed looks on their faces, like they had just seen a book for the
first time in their life.

Too bad I caught the film mid-way through, and didn't watch it till the end, so I never caught the title of the film.

Anyone have any idea what film this is? I'm sorry if I described it badly, English is not my native language.

Thank you in advance.

Holy mother....you got it....this is the movie I've been searching for. Thank you very much.....