Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
It's quite like white chicks but better (which isn't very hard). Did not feel any masterpiece vibes from it though. Still a competent comedy that did not appear to have aged very well given that I already knew all the jokes a long time ago from the millions of movies and TV series that copied it.
I get masterpiece vibes from all of your posts Guap.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I have finally at last seen all four of the Indiana Jones movies, topping it off with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. There was a lot of stigma regarding the movie that I didn't particularly agree with, I don't care if it has aliens, in-fact, I think it's kind-of cool. Then, there's the refrigerator scene, I actually thought it was funny in a stupid sort-of way.

Then, there's the rest of the movie. Jesus ****ing Christ, it has to be the stupidest movie that I've seen since Mortal Instruments in theaters. The pace of the movie was exactly what the pace of an Indiana Jones movie should be, but the story was pathetically constructed. The characters were lifeless and dead, it was a garbled mess thrown about for ***** and giggles with no intent on making a genuinely good movie. It sucked, it ****ing sucked, everything about it, it was cheesier than Raiders of the Lost Ark by eleven times, and didn't really have any redeeming qualities. Although, it did bring me nostalgia from when I watched the first Indiana Jones the day before, so there's that.

3.5/10.0

An American Werewolf in London
it was really, really, really good. Better than I expected ! It's like The Fly, but better ! the actress who plays the nurse is smoking hot
It's actually my favorite 80's movie; I saw it at the drive-in when it first came out.

Give me all of your candy!
Blue is the Warmest Color-

Third time seeing this great film and it get's better each time.

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)-

Checking out some of Ebert's list, I found this fun flick with some likeable characters and fun action, and one hell of a sword fight at the end! Solid movie.

I get masterpiece vibes from all of your posts Guap.
By masterpiece vibes I mean the feeling of sublime that some movies have. That one did not.

-------------

76/100 (original score: 46/100 + 5 points for science fiction elements + 10 points for cuteness + 10 points for the guilty pleasure factor + 5 points for high level of color contrasts)

I will nominate this movie for the next MoFo Hall of Fame. It's just the complete package of otaku pop culture compressed in 130 minutes.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I will nominate this movie for the next MoFo Hall of Fame. It's just the complete package of otaku pop culture compressed in 130 minutes.
A 46/100 movie for the hall of fame, quite a move,Guap, quite a move.

DEEP RED

One of the creepiest horrors I've seen in quite a while. The doll scene alone has scarred me for life. At first, it was difficult to adjust my expectations and get into Argento's distinct style, but once I acclimated, I couldn't turn away. The eccentric score only served to enhance the atmosphere. As for the story itself, I saw a few places where it could have been improved but overall it kept me interested, mostly due to the Agatha Christie mystery vibe the story was giving me.

8/10

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

not quite as epic as implied by the trailer, but still enjoyed. Found myself near the end wondering if I would really rather not see the photo he spends the movie looking for (since imagination often is better), but in the end glad that they did show it. Loved that there was somewhat of a reference to Wheaton's law, Don't be a D*** when he finally stands up to the downsizing manager (Adam Scott character)

I think with a stronger third act this could've been a great film, but it still kept my interest well enough. Not a bad film at all.

The numbers station (2013) - Barfoed -

A no budget thriller that's held together with a little suspense (some silliness) and some small observational scenes that appear to ring true. Like when he does a cold reading of Katherine (Malin Akerman) and she's astonished how accurately he's summarized her life. He has to tell her that, to get into the intelligence business, you have to be brilliant, but if you're going to work in sensitive areas, you also have to flunk your psychopathy test. These defects are essential to manipulate you.

The last 2 movies I saw were actually really excellent.

The Wolf of Wall Street
A very, very, very good, funny Scorsese film it might be my second favorite of his behind Taxi Driver. It's been a while since I laughed that much when watching a film and even if it was 3 hour it was extremely entertaining. The only issue I find about it is that it almost banalise drug use and that the FBI agent should have made a speech about why is it bad to rip off people.

My Darling Clementine
Really good classic western the reason why I don't give it a 8 is because of the slight racism against the Indians at the beginning of the film

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
The Raiders of the Lost Ark is often esteemed as being the best movie in the Indiana Jones movies, however, I can tell you ahead of time that I don't agree with that assessment. In-fact, after seeing it, I wouldn't even go as far as calling it a good movie. Prepare for war, McConnaughay's about to speak negatively about the Raiders of the Lost Ark. I appreciate everything that Indiana Jones did for entertainment in-general, without Indiana Jones, there wouldn't have been a Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, or even an Uncharted, and some of the moments that happen in the first movie are some of the biggest scenes in history.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the dialogue was written in such a way that most of the movie was spent laughing for all of the wrong reasons. It wasn't a bad movie, but I can't fully proclaim it as a good one. I found that the movie dragged incredibly, and I found myself checking the watch that I wasn't wearing several times because of how tired I was with the story. The music was tedious too, in that, the theme seemed to repeat over and over again in a monotonous loop whether there was reason for it at all.

There was a couple of funny moments that I particularly enjoyed, and moments of self-awareness, but I was very disappointed. The story had potential, and Harrison Ford is a very capable actor, but the movie itself was boring, poorly written, and I am giving it a 6.0 out of 10.0.
I just watched Raiders today (mutters about Amazon's slow shipping) and I have to agree it's not all it's cracked up to be. It's far from bad but I wasn't blown away like I was the first time I saw T2 or the original Die Hard either. The biggest problem I had with the movie was how often it prioritized action scenes over developing the story or the characters. It's certainly not the only action movie to so but given how often Raiders shows up on best ever lists in the action/adventure genre I guess I was expecting a bit more. As impressive as the fight scenes are they really start to run together after a while whereas in movies like TDK, The Avengers, Gladiator ect. the audience is given some breathing room between sh*t getting blown up/sliced up. Raiders though is basically action scene>exposition>action scene>Marion drinking>action scene>action scene>chase scene>Indy drinking>exposition>chase scene>Nazi face melting>end.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Batman-
+. It's not bad but its not that good either. For the good, i praise Jack Nicholson's performance as the Joker and the visual style Gotham City has. For the not so good, I think the movie is too goofy for it's own good and Keaton is a bland Batman.Again, it's solid superhero fare but nothing bigger and better than that though.

Agreed. I prefer Nolan's Batman series over the old ones, though Batman Returns was quite good.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood