Connor Macgregor Reviews Thread

→ in
Tools    

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Scream

In the 1990s Horror Movies were barely producing new material. Instead just endless sequels of films from the 1980s. But in 1996 , Kevin Williamson & Wes Craven decided to make a new innovative film that broke all the rules of standard Horror Movies and made something fresh and original...i`m talking about Scream.

One year after the death of Sidney Prescott's (Campbell) mother, two students turn up gutted. When a serial killer appears, Sidney begins to suspect whether her mother's death and the two new deaths are related. No one is safe, as the killer begins to pick everyone off one by one. Everyone's a suspect in this case.

Scream is quite possibly one of the smartest and original horror films in recent memory. It gives us characters that we like and an engaging and suprising plot full of gasps , screams and twists. Neve Campbell who plays Sidney is the main driving force of the film. Its her story and the reason why the killer wants her. The Killer is also very iconic in modern horror as it kills victims in a "Ghostface" costume. The costume is based off the famous picture of the man screaming...Look it up.

The plot is very good. I was lead to believe it was David Arquette`s character , but at the end i was quite surprised when i found out who it really was. Really smart twist and made the ending very very suspenceful. I did like most of the characters including Rose McGowan as Tatum....You know why boys. There was also the principal who i just love for the scene where he grills the two kids running around in the costumes for a joke.

But overall , smart , deadly and with its touch of Craven. Scream is a modern horror classic which should be seen to believed.

Rating - 97% - A

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Social Network

One of the most anticipated films of the year...a contender for Academy Awards...and one film that deserves all recognition.

On a fall night in 2003, Harvard undergrad and computer programming genius Mark Zuckerberg sits down at his computer and heatedly begins working on a new idea. In a fury of blogging and programming, what begins in his dorm room soon becomes a global social network and a revolution in communication. A mere six years and 500 million friends later, Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire in history... but for this entrepreneur, success leads to both personal and legal complications.

This film really is a very great film. I dont say fantastic because i didn`t fully appreciate the characters. I think parts of it werent exactly true. I didn`t buy that in real life Mark was a complete jackass. However i did enjoy Jesse Eisenberg`s performance as Mark. He had an idea and wanted to make money off it. Justin Timberlake i thought was very good at playing Sean. He was greedy and out of control and Timberlake gave a great performance of an arraogant party man who wanted money and power.

But to me ,the true performance of the film was Andrew Garfield who played Mark`s friend Eduaro. Noe i finally understand why he was chosen for the new spiderman film...he is very very very good. I sure hope he nails a nomination for this role because it is a great performance that is the majority of the driving force of the film. Armie Hammer i would also give recongition because i also enjoyed his performance as The Winklevoss Twins.

The Script by Aaron Sorkin is fantastic. The Directing by David Fincher is beautiful and the music is soothing and relaxing and gives a dark feel to the story. This film is going to be one of the best of the year and to me , its joint first with Inception. Never the less see it in cinemas now because it is worth the watch.

Rating - 95% - A

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Aladdin

Disney have and continue to touch childhoods throughout the years and they certainly touched mine with several of their films. One of them was this one...Aladdin.

Aladdin is a street-urchin who lives in a large and busy town long ago with his faithful monkey friend Abu. When Princess Jasmine gets tired of being forced to remain in the palace that overlooks the city, she sneaks out to the marketplace, where she accidentally meets Aladdin. Under the orders of the evil Jafar (the sultan's advisor), Aladdin is thrown in jail and becomes caught up in Jafar's plot to rule the land with the aid of a mysterious lamp. Legend has it that only a person who is a "diamond in the rough" can retrieve the lamp from the Cave of Wonders. Aladdin might fight that description, but that's not enough to marry the princess, who must (by law) marry a prince.

Aladdin tells a great story of how a poor begger becomes a rich prince. Aladdin anyone can relate to. Wanting to turn his life around and make a difference for himself. His monkey Abu is cute at first but becomes annoying after a while. Jafar is a first class villian for Disney. He has everything you can want in a Disney Villian. Ugly , Cunning , Evil Smile & An Annoying Sidekick for some reason you find hiliarious. Princess Jasmine joins the group of Disney Princesses...because she is a princess. But the highlight for me...Robin Williams as The Genie. Great voice acting by Robin who proves that he is one of the funniest men on the earth. One Of the greatest voice performances of all time.

The Music is great. Arabian Nights , Prince Ali & Never Had A Friend Like Me and Of course A Whole New World are Disney classics. Great singing and funny moments make Aladdin a classic in The Vault of Disney.

Rating - 94% - A

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Wall E

Pixar have always made great kids films which have inspired great memorable characters...and in 2008 they created one of their most loveable characters yet...the name...Wall E.

In a distant, but not so unrealistic future, where mankind has abandoned earth because it has become covered with trash from products sold by the powerful multi-national Buy N Large corporation, WALL-E, a garbage collecting robot has been left to clean up the mess. Mesmerized with trinkets of Earth's history and show tunes, WALL-E is alone on Earth except for a sprightly pet cockroach. One day, Eve, a sleek (and dangerous) reconnaissance robot, is sent to Earth to find proof that life is once again sustainable. WALL-E falls in love with Eve. WALL-E rescues Eve from a dust storm and shows her a living plant he found amongst the rubble. Consistent with her "directive" Eve takes the plant and automatically enters a deactivated state except for a blinking green beacon. WALL-E, doesn't understand what has happened to his new friend, but true to his love, he protects her from wind, rain, and lightning...

Wall E is a true example of why Pixar has never ever let me down with their films. Despite the fact they are targeted to kids , it doesn`t feel like that to me. I feel it targets families and tells stories people of all ages can love. Wall E is one of them. The character of Wall E starts off lonely and bored , going round the world trying to entertain himself by making skyscrapers and shapes out of all the rubbish of the world. Then comes along EVE , quite possibly the most beautiful robot i have seen in cinema.

Wall E instantly falls in love with her and will do anything to be with her even if its in the most dangerous circumstances. The Whole film is a very wonderful love story with earth and the humans really moved into the background.

There isn`t much voice acting , but the animation is wondeful. Really excellent sets used and wonderful art and animation. Its really wonderful to see how great animation has gone from. Wall E gives us great visual effects and makes us enter a whole new world that pixar and disney do so often. They create amazing iconic characters that make us cry , laugh and be glad the industry is still alive today.

Wall E is one of Pixar`s most sweetest and original films they have ever made. I Recommend everyone and I MEAN EVERYONE SHOULD SEE IT!

Rating - 97% - A

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Sixteen Candles

Easily the best teen comedy i have ever seen.

Samantha's life is going downhill fast. The fifteen-year-old has a crush on the most popular boy in school, and the geekiest boy in school has a crush on her. Her sister's getting married, and with all the excitement the rest of her family forgets her birthday! Add all this to a pair of horrendously embarrassing grandparents, a foreign exchange student named Long Duc Dong, and we have the makings of a hilarious journey into young womanhood.

First seeing this movie , i was hooked very quickly. Every aspect of high school is covered in this film. Geeks , Jocks , Rich Girls & Outcasts. They are all very potrayed quite well but still cant shake off the fact that they maybe really 21. Thats what i hate about the majority of teen films. Actors aren`t teenagers. But never the less there are really memorable perfromances.

Molly Ringwald pretty much holds everything together as it is her story. Her character is the one that causes all the events that happen in the film...well almost all the events. I like her personality and its a shame that how she is treated by her family because she doesn`t deserve it. Only her father shows her the love and compassion she deserves while everyone else treats her like **** pretty much for most of the film. If they did that to me i would move out , no child deserves that from their parents. However she does get hapiness eventually.

Enter Jake Ryan the popular jock who has a crush on Molly Ringwald`s character Samantha. He takes an interest to her and wants to know more. But he has a bitchy upper class girlfriend in which i actually really like in the film. Also notice two cameos from The Cusack Twins. I also really like the nerds including Anthony Michael Hall`s character. He just wants to get laid no matter what he has to do he will do it. But to me the best character is The Chinese Guy. I don`t care if he was meant to be racist to Chinese or not , that guy is awesome. Over the top , incredibly funny and so memorable in the film.

To me Sixteen Candles is the greatest teen film ever made hands down. Go find it.

Rating - 100% - A+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Rendition

A film that was on TV and thought why not and gave it a watch...well here is a short but sweet review of it.

After a terrorist bombing kills an American envoy in a foreign country. An investigation leads to an Egyptian who has been living in the United States for years and who is married to an American. He is apprehended when he's on his way home. The U.S. sends him to the country where the incident occurs for interrogation which includes torture. An American CIA operative observes the interrogation and is at odds whether to keep it going or to stop it. In the meantime, the man's wife raises hell to find him despite being pregnant but the person behind this refuses to help or give her any information.

This film is pretty entertaining. It has quite a solid cast and an interesting story about someone accused of being a terroist but actually may not be a terroist at all. Reese Witherspoon really steals the show in a way because she is the character with the most development. Aside from that , Jake Gyllenhaal`s character really doesn`t get much character developement and neither does Meeryl Streep. Sure she is great on screen but honestly when she plays bland characters , its nothing special from her. But the story is really interesting and you do want to see more.

There is another story about two loves from where the film is set and its a great twist at the end that really works with the film. Overall Rendition is good but not great. It holds up , its suspenceful at times and its quite underrated but not very.

Rating - 71% - B+

Connor Macgregor Reviews....Easy A

Teen Comedies aren`t rarely that good these days. They are usually cliches of older Teen Films. But here comes along something fresh and exciting and certainly made me put a smile on my face.

After a little white lie about losing her virginity gets out, a clean cut high school girl sees her life paralleling Hester Prynne's in "The Scarlet Letter," which she is currently studying in school - until she decides to use the rumor mill to advance her social and financial standing.

I go in expecting a fun enjoyable teen film. But i got bigger , longer and more uncut material. All this and the budget was 8 million dollars. What a way to use less known actors and actresses and turn them into overnight sensations. Easy A is a risque but heartwarming comedy with characters you can actually like not throw stuff at.

You have Emma Stone who is this generation`s Molly Ringwald in a way. The Ginger Hair , The Tomboy attitude and The Sarcastic Humour that is always great to watch. After this film , Emma Stone will have a bigger and brighter future ahead of her with more bolder possibilities. There is also Amanda Bynes who has had a mixed career so far and even announced her retirement after Easy A. However her performance in this film was really good and may have bought herself a second chance in the acting ring. Penn Badgley is always good i think. I like him in Gossip Girl and i like him in this. He is a underrated actor by far. Dan Byrd and Ali Michalka are good but wanted to see more of them.

We then move to the older performers of the film. Lisa Kudrow was good , but i didn`t warm to her so much after her twist. I think they may have ruined the character slightly. Malcolm Mcdowell i didn`t like that much either. However i thought Patricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci were great parents in the film. So likeable and full of life. I would love to have them as screen parents.

Overall , My favourite film of the year and the 2nd best teen film i have ever seen.

Rating - 100% - A+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...American Pie

Its original yet cliche , its funny yet silly. Its smart yet dumb. It can only be American Pie.

Jim, Oz, Finch and Kevin are four friends who make a pact that before they graduate they will all lose their virginity. The hard job now is how to reach that goal by prom night. Whilst Oz begins singing to grab attention and Kevin tries to persuade his girlfriend, Finch tries any easy route of spreading rumors and Jim fails miserably. Whether it is being caught on top of a pie or on the Internet, Jim always end up with his trusty sex advice from his father. Will they achieve their goal of getting laid by prom night? or will they learn something much different.

I do have to say that American Pie was the last great teen film of the 90s. It does follow all those god awful cliches , the biggest one being that the students look over 21. Never the less it is a easy film to fall in love with. Its also very difficult to pick out which character to like the most. There is Stiffler of course who is very funny and has an out on control humour. Then there is Eugene Levy whose character is so awkward its downright brilliant.

Its not perfect by any means. Some of the jokes weren`t as funny or just didn`t make me laugh. I aint a really big fan of Shannon Elizabeth`s character Nadia. We all know Jim wasn`t going to get her but it was quite fun to watch him try if you know what i mean. There are some really good comedic moments especially the webcam scene which i always get a huge chuckle out of.

Overall , American Pie is a good teen comedy that lets the 90s out pretty well. With solid comedy and story , its a teen comedy that deserves to be seen.

Rating - 76% -B+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...South Park : Bigger , Longer & Uncut

Its a comedy series that went over the boundries and became an original and incredible phenomenom. With memorable characters and clever jokes , It was time for South Park to become a feature length film. In 1999 that is what exactly happened. Except it was Bigger , Longer and oh did i mention it was Uncut ?

When four boys in South Park Stan Marsh, Kyle and his stepbrother Ike Broflovski, Eric Cartman, and Kenny McCormick sees an R-rated movie featuring Canadians "Terrance & Phillip: Asses of Fire", they are pronounced "corrupted", and Kyle's mom Sheila with the rest of the parents pressure the United States to wage war against Canada for World War 3! It's all up to Stan, Kyle and Cartman to save Terrence and Phillip before Satan and his lover Saddam Hussein from Hell rules the world and it'll be the end of the whole world.

This film is incredible. it makes me smile and laugh everytime i watch it. I think one of Trey & Matt`s inspirations could be Airplane! because the jokes are thrown at you every single second. Its also very political as in most SP Episodes there is always a messege (As said by Kyle). In this film its about censorcism and what you can show in a film. South Park hasn`t always tooken censorcism seriously. In fact they never do. They are always in some form of scandals with celebrities or the studios. Never the less the story is very entertaining and OTT in a good way.

The Musical Numbers are somewhat of a blessing. Its hard to pick a favourite so i`ll pick two. The first is Mountain Town which kicks off the film. Its great and catchy and introduces you to the main characters and their personalities if you haven`t seen the show before. The Second is La Resistance which to me is Musical Gold. Every major character involved all with different emotions and meanings.

Overall , One Of the Best Musicals & Comedies ever made. If you haven`t seen the series...SEE THE MOVIE!

Rating - 100% - A+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Orphan

My uncle said this film was really creepy...so kind of dissapointed now that i have seen it.

Kate and John Coleman are rebuilding their troubled marriage. Kate had a drinking problem, but is in therapy and is doing well. She has been sober for one year. The couple decides to adopt a child. When they meet the nine-year-old Estonian girl, Esther, at the St. Marina Orphanage, they immediately fall in love with the well-educated orphan. Their young son, Daniel, is hostile to his new sister; but their deaf-mute daughter, little Max, is enchanted with her - at first. Eventually, Kate begins to feel that Esther is manipulative and possibly even psychologically disturbed. John refuses to listen to his wife's misgivings, and the wounds in their marriage reopen. Kate calls Sister Abigail at the orphanage, and the nun informs her that Esther has a troubled and mysterious history. Kate delves further into Esther's past and discovers she is not at all who she pretends to be.
This film`s story is rather similar to an over the top soap opera story (UK and US). They introduce a character your not so sure on and build them up to be increasingly evil. The actress who plays Esther acts pretty well and is another one of those young talents that is slowly making her prescense known. Vera Farmiga is another actress in this film i really like and this film proves that she is capable of anything.

However here is the problem. Its too fakey for me. An Orphan Girl turned Killer. Its not very realistic. You could argue that the majority of Horror Films are unrealistic and thats true. But with the setting of the murders , you actually believe that they could happen in real life. With Orphan its highly undoubtable that you adopt a child and she turns out to be mad. Also the final 10 minutes acts more like a Thriller than a Horror. In fact the majority of The Film acts like a thriller. You expect every scare coming and The Killer isn`t really that imtimadating. If i wanted to , i could kill her.
Overall , Good B Movie fun but thats about it nothing really else to say. Rent It if you can.

Rating - 61% - B

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Legally Blonde

Reese Witherspoon is a really talented actress with a great resume of films to see. But this is very likely her calling card...Legally Blonde.

Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) has it all. She's the president of her sorority, a Hawaiian Tropic girl, Miss June in her campus calendar, and, above all, a natural blonde. She dates the cutest fraternity boy on campus and wants nothing more than to be Mrs. Warner Huntington III. But, there's just one thing stopping Warner (Matthew Davis) from popping the question: Elle is too blonde. Growing up across the street from Aaron Spelling might mean something in LA, but nothing to Warner's East-Coast blue blood family. So, when Warner packs up for Harvard Law and reunites with an old sweetheart from prep school, Elle rallies all her resources and gets into Harvard, determined to win him back. But law school is a far cry from the comforts of her poolside and the mall. Elle must wage the battle of her life, for her guy, for herself and for all the blondes who suffer endless indignities everyday.

Lets start with Resse Witherspoon. She is great in this film. Reese Witherspoon owns the colour pink in so many ways. She also brings a certain sunshine to the film as its all suits , lawyers and no colour. She brings a very brass personality to the film also. Everything is happy and cheerful when she appears on screen and she makes me have a smile on my face. Everyone else is also above average. Luke Wilson is ok as a support role , Selma Blair is pretty good as a bitch type role. Victor Garber does well as a villian surprise surprise and Holland Taylor & Jennifer College do good too.

Also some of the jokes were funny too. Legally Blonde is a great watch. Sit back and relax and let Reese Witherspoon lighten up your day.

Rating - 83% - A-

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Sin Nombre

Today i saw a very interesting film. Gripping , emotional and very enjoyable. And its not in the english language. Its a foreign film entitled...Sin Nombre.

Honduran teenager Sayra reunites with her father, an opportunity for her to potentially realize her dream of a life in the U.S. Moving to Mexico is the first step in a fateful journey of unexpected events.

Firstly i want to say i love the lighting this film. It makes the film look beautiful and very stylish. Secondly the acting is very good. I could say its better than most hollywood actors. Pauline Gaitan who plays Sayra is very good in this role. She plays a girl who is so determined to get to a better life as the one she lives is falling apart due to gangs and violence. Also she potrays a variety of emotions that gives her a long future in the business. Either with her own country or internationally. Edgar Flores who plays Casper also does some great acting in this film as he is involved in a situation where he must go on the run from "His Hood". Also i think Kristian Ferrer who plays Smiley is great.

The Story is very grim. It takes a lot of twists and turns especially at the end. Quite a surprising end but its one that makes you think that Films these days do get predictable and all the same narrative. So to see this ending was surprising , dark and quite thought worthy of if Foreign Cinema are ahead of us creative wise ?

Overall Find This Film and give it a watch. Great Acting , Story , Lighting , Sound and Directing , i hope Foreign Cinema gets more notice and acclaim than it does now.

Rating - 90% - A-

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Alien3

Alien was Horror...Aliens was Action...So Alien3 decided to go The Thriller Side of the series. The First two are Classics in Cinema. So what about Alien3 ?

After escaping from the alien planet, the ship carrying Ellen Ripley crashes onto a remote and inhabited ore refinery. While living in the ore refinery until she is rescued by her employers, Ripley discovers the horrifying reason for her crash: An alien stowaway. As the alien matures and begins to kill off the inhabitants, Ripley is unaware that her true enemy is more than just the killer alien.

Alien3 isn`t a classic by any means. Never the less , the film is good and exciting. Firstly i love the sets. It makes you feel that Ripley is in a place where she is secluded and isolated from any hope from home. Its a cold mess and its sinister and deadly. Ripley also knows that she isn`t the toughest in the story. The prisoners are more heartless and dark than Ripley is which makes it very chilling. Signourney Weaver is excellent in the film. Not Academy Award worthy like her last performance but she is just as good. Other great performances include Charles S Dutton as Dillion , Charles Dance as Clements , Paul McGann as Golic and Of course Lance Henriksen as Bishop.

The Alien creature itself has been updated a lot. More slimey and more updated in terms of how it looks. It's also a bit more sneaky in terms of how it kills its victims. The Alien this time pregnates itself through a dog. When i was younger i couldn`t watch the scenes because it was too sad. Now i can watch them but i do feel bad for the dog. But still...Xenomorph`s are heartless bastards.

The Direction was really well done by David Fincher (Which was his first feature film none the less) and he does show good direction and great ability to direct a well made feature film. Top notch to him.

Overall steller sequel with good acting , solid directing and great moments. Alien3 is a one to watch.

Rating - 80% - B+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Stormbreaker

My word this one`s pretty embarassing for British Cinema...Of All The duds to come out of America and Then we Release this in 2006. This one is going to be a headache.

Alex Rider thinks he is a normal school boy, until his uncle is killed. He discovers that his uncle was actually spy on a mission, when he was killed. Alex is recruited by Alan Blunt to continue the mission. He is sent to Cornwall to investigate a new computer system, which Darrius Sayle has created. He plans to give the new computer systems to every school in the country, but Mr. Blunt has other ideas and Alex must find out what it is.

Sounds as bad as it is. So where to start ? Firstly Alex Pettyfer CANNOT ACT to save his skinny little life (Yet he survives in this film). He shows no emotion in his dialogue , always has this pissed off face like he is a teenager going through puberty and HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE 14. The producers hired him basically on looks and looks alone and once Alex walked in they were like "Its Him!" without auditioning the bugger. The Rest of the cast are ok aside from that German girl who is obviosuly putting on an accent.

The Direction is Cliche. It just mirrors James Bond all over. The Opening Sequence , The Stunts And The Music. You might as well make this a James Bond film. Also The Story could have worked if not for this shoddy production.

Overall Turd of a film and imply no one see it unless your having a bad movie season.

Rating - 22% - C-

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1

I've just seen Harry Potter 7 and i have mixed feelings over it and here is why.

As Harry races against time and evil to destroy the Horcruxes, he uncovers the existence of three most powerful objects in the wizarding world: the Deathly Hallows.

Firstly the acting is great. Watching the three leads grow out has been amazing. They have both improved incredibly and are capable to competing with Hollywood's giants. Ralph Feinnes as Voldermort is honestly the greatest villian in cinema history. He is unbeatable in this film. We see also how sinister Bellatrix Lestrange is and how evil she can be. Its all a very gloomy and dark atmosphere and While David Yates isn't perfect , he gets the tone brilliantly.

Here are my problems however. I felt it could have been more in depth. David Yate's direction was at time off putting and didn't put more depth into the plot. Sure its 2 parts which means more things to explain , just that the first battle was over in seconds and we didn't get the emotional impact of the two deaths. Dobby's appearance i was also quite dissapointed in but never the less we see a great character return for his last hoorah. We also see development between The Three and their proper feelings for each other , especially Ron & Hermione. Harry & Ginny's relationship i haven't bought in yet but its the 2nd part i think i will be invested with.

Never the less , This film will make money and a lot i think. See it because its the film that sets up the all important finale. The Finale To End All Finales.

Rating - 87% - A-

OK now this is the part where i stop copy & paste and return to writing them up. So the reviews wont be as frequent as they were at the start. I'll try and do one tonight and maybe some more tommorow. Thanks for reading and more reviews are to come.

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Alien Resurrection

And so it begins...the downfall of The Alien Franchise. Personally this was the sequel they shouldn't have made.

200 years after the conclusion of Alien 3, the company is able to resurrect Ripley through the process of cloning and the scientists successfully take the Queen Alien out of her. But, Ripley's DNA gets mixed up with the Queen's and she begins to develop certain alien characteristics. The scientists begin breeding the aliens, but they later escape. Soon the Xeno-morphs are running amok on the ship, which is on course to earth. The Queen then gives birth to a deadly new breed of alien, which could spell disaster for the entire human race. It's up to Ripley and a band of space pirates to stop the ship before it reaches earth.

So yeah you have a steller trilogy , Alien 1 & 2 being masterpieces in The Sci Fi Genre for different reasons , A Sequel which was good and ended The Story perfectly. Then 4 Years Later , this was made. Firstly , WHY ?
Its not horrible , its just the question of WHY ? The Ending Of Alien3 wrapped the story perfectly and pretty much sealed Ripley's fate. But Hollywood in the 90s turned from sweet and original to corrupt and greedy and thus made another Alien Film.

The Positive side is that the action is solid. I mean it could be better but it keeps the film from making you fall asleep. The Acting is ok and Michael Wincott (Most Underrated Actor ever!) is good in this...just wanted more. Ron Perlman did pretty good and Signourney Weaver was steller.

The Negative...Crappy Special Effects , A Daft Story , Directing which was average but could have been a lot better and ...THE HUMAN ALIEN HYBRID THING AT THE END...plus Winoda Ryder or however you spell her name these days.

Overall , Unneeded Sequel that was made and is there just for the sake of it.

Rating - 48% - C+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Due Date

Going in to see this with my college class so i didn't have to pay. I wasn't planning on seeing this , but i was given the chance and so here's my review.

Peter Highman (Robert Downey Jr.) must get to LA in five days to be at the birth of his firstborn. He is about to fly home from Atlanta when his luggage and wallet are stolen, and he is put on the "no-fly" list. Desperate to get home Peter is forced to accept the offer of Ethan Tremblay (Zach Galifianakis) to hitch a ride with him cross-country. Peter is about to go on a terrifying and agonizing journey of his life.

Firstly , this is a funny film. And secondly i like road movies so this was a bonus. Robert Downey Jr doesn't usually do comedy , so seeing him here was quite new for me. He is good , He is how Downey Jr usually is. Short Tempered and Very Straight Forward Guy. Then he meets Zack Galifianakis (Christ that's a long name) who is just as always great. I wouldn't say he is hilarious but he does bring a sense of warmth on the screen.

The Downside to this film as its not as funny as The Hangover. But that doesn't mean its bad , its just that it doesn't have the charm not that unpredictability humour that The Hangover had and worked with. I also didn't warm to Jamie Foxx in the film. He just didn't fit in too well with what was going on.

Overall , A Solid Comedy that deserves to be seen. Check it out while its still in cinemas.

Rating - 71% - B+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...No Country For Old Men

A film i thought was overrated , until i actually saw it and boy do i have a lot to say about this film.

In rural Texas, welder and hunter Llewelyn Moss discovers the remains of several drug runners who have all killed each other in an exchange gone violently wrong. Rather than report the discovery to the police, Moss decides to simply take the two million dollars present for himself. This puts the psychopathic killer, Anton Chigurh, on his trail as he dispassionately murders nearly every rival, bystander and even employer in his pursuit of his quarry and the money. As Moss desperately attempts to keep one step ahead, the blood from this hunt begins to flow behind him with relentlessly growing intensity as Chigurh closes in. Meanwhile, the laconic Sherrif Ed Tom Bell blithely oversees the investigation even as he struggles to face the sheer enormity of the crimes he is attempting to thwart.

For Starters , This film is jaw dropping. It amazes me how gritty and haunting the film actually is. It tells a dark story about a man who stumbles upon his own downfall. Josh Brolin potrays a man with not much to live for , and once he finds "the bag full of money" , events that lead him to a hideous fate begin to unravel itself.

Tommy Lee Jones gives a great emtional performance that really changes the way i look at him as an actor. He brings a lot of age and nostalgia to his performance. He clearly has some form of sadness before the events of the film take place , but you don't know what. But never the less , its moving and great to watch yet also tragic.

But The Highlight...Anton Chigurh. Simply a villian of excellence. He cannot be stopped until he gets what he needs. He's quick , quiet , fast and unstoppable. The Performance is unbelieveable and iconic. He shows no emotion when doing the evil things he does and that makes the character more chilling because you don't know what he is thinking. It makes you wonder what he thinks about during , before or after the killings. But never the less , one of the best villians in recent cinema history.

Overall , Coen Brother's best work and by far more than a classic film. Its A Film to be remembered for years to come.

Rating - 100% - A+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Reservoir Dogs

Quentin Tarentino's first film and quite possibly his greatest yet. So why is that the case ?

Six criminals, who are strangers to each other, are hired by a crime boss Joe Cabot to carry out a diamond robbery. Right at the outset, they are given false names with an intention that they won't get too close and concentrate on the job instead. They are completely sure that the robbery is going to be a success. But when the police show up right at the time and the site of the robbery, panic spreads amongst the group members and one of them is killed in the subsequent shootout along with a few policemen and civilians. When the remaining people assemble at the premeditated rendezvous point (a warehouse), they begin to suspect that one of them is an undercover cop.

First of all the cast is great. A real believable cast of villians that are going to do bad things. Yet we like them , the reason of that is the personalities and how much we discover of them throughout the course of the film. Its hard to pick a favourite but i do like the scenes between Mr White & Mr Pink. Two amazing actors Harvey Keital & Steve Buscemi both play excellent characters.

Tim Roth i also give credit for because his performance is also mysterious yet interesting as the film continues. Chris Penn & Lawrence Tierney also made a great father son duo and again played fantastic characters. But to me , Its Michael Madsen that stands out with the famous "Ear Cutting" Scene. Such a grumsome yet fantastic scene with great direction and camera work.

Overall , Reservoir Dogs is a character film about characters caught in a bad situation. Amazing Script , Direction , Camera Work , Acting and so much more make this Tarentino's finest work.

Rating - 100% - A+