B-Movie HoF II: The Sequel!

Tools    

CiCi has a few, I have one left...Mattslgrt16 or however you say it (lol ) has yet to surface..and TUS has a few..not sure who else...most of us are doing pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Saving Spaced Invaders as my last watch. May sweeten the deal with a little indica/sattiva blend. I'm sure @edarsenal would approve?
I APPROVE this Post!!

and I have two left, Editor and Hunter's Blood to knock out

I APPROVE this Post!!

and I have two left, Editor and Hunter's Blood to knock out
I liked both of those. Laughed my t*ts off at The Editor...

Hunter's Blood

To be honest, I can't post more than what's been said about this Duke's of Hazard meet Deliverance that hasn't already been said. Or simply, to nitpick a B film in regards to story line,acting, and, especially, the actions of the characters is sort of missing the point of viewing a B Film.
And that doesn't really leave me much to say about it.
A disagreement in a backwater roadhouse and things escalating to bloodshed has been done better. And I'm sure has been done much worse.
I remember the barrage of these during the 70s where going South or near the woods was the worst thing to do. Because some good ole boys gonna git ya. And perhaps that the continued saturation of these films of country folk = evil, blood-thirsty, depraved folk has gotten a little tiresome for me to sit back and enjoy watching city boys acting stupidly, pissing off local folk just looking for any excuse to start sh#t of their own, and people go to shooting one another, without rolling my eyes at it all.

Sorry, @Joel.

Hunter's Blood
I remember the barrage of these during the 70s where going South or near the woods was the worst thing to do. Because some good ole boys gonna git ya.
My parents took me to see Macon County Line (1974) at the Drive-In...The movie scared the sh** out of me! I kid you not. Even 30 years later when I found myself on vacation driving through the backwoods of Appalachia, that film was on my mind. I was sure some evil redneck sheriff was going to pull me over and kick my Yankee ass! That's the power of stereo types....Actually I found the people there, super friendly.

And perhaps that the continued saturation of these films of country folk = evil, blood-thirsty, depraved folk has gotten a little tiresome for me to sit back and enjoy watching city boys acting stupidly, pissing off local folk just looking for any excuse to start sh#t of their own, and people go to shooting one another, without rolling my eyes at it all.
I get that, I've had bad reactions to films based on my own ethics. That's what makes us human and individuals.

Hey, it is what it is. To be honest, my whole deck of mind cards has been changing about older movies and I understand completely why HB doesn't age well even within something like this, a tournament. It is offensive and stupid. Whatever I enjoyed out of it clearly was something equally inept in me haha. Childhood scars. I've picked better movies to show people. And despite my ribs about not liking this, hey...not hurt, not offended. Ed, it is low grade trash. It's an icky film. It's funny how movies can live 2 lives depending on people's perspectives. It's also strange how I can kind of change my own mind about a movie based off of someone else's point of view. Any one ever get that weirdness happening, an empathy movie syndrome? lol

My parents took me to see Macon County Line (1974) at the Drive-In...The movie scared the sh** out of me! I kid you not. Even 30 years later when I found myself on vacation driving through the backwoods of Appalachia, that film was on my mind. I was sure some evil redneck sheriff was going to pull me over and kick my Yankee ass! That's the power of stereo types....Actually I found the people there, super friendly.

I get that, I've had bad reactions to films based on my own ethics. That's what makes us human and individuals.
remember a couple of those Evil Sheriff flicks that made my sphincter clinch up driving south for so many years. Even though a nice chunk of my relatives ARE Canadian Hillbillies. Backwoods, dirt roads, that we'd visit and the only bad thing was they spoke french and us kids didn't. But very wonderful people.
I think.
They could have been saying some really bad things and I had no idea.
They ARE family and that's what we do, you know.

Hey, it is what it is. To be honest, my whole deck of mind cards has been changing about older movies and I understand completely why HB doesn't age well even within something like this, a tournament. It is offensive and stupid. Whatever I enjoyed out of it clearly was something equally inept in me haha. Childhood scars. I've picked better movies to show people. And despite my ribs about not liking this, hey...not hurt, not offended. Ed, it is low grade trash. It's an icky film. It's funny how movies can live 2 lives depending on people's perspectives. It's also strange how I can kind of change my own mind about a movie based off of someone else's point of view. Any one ever get that weirdness happening, an empathy movie syndrome? lol
Appreciate that, Joel. thanks!
Though there is one, going into the backwoods and getting into a shooting spree I still love; Southern Comfort. GOOD flick!

I feel like I'm kind of cheating some with two of the noms; Dragon Lives Again and Beast Must Die. One of the noms I couldn't even stomach because the atmosphere was too thick and it was painful work. The other nom seems really cool but I refuse to view it under dire circumstances. If that disqualifies me, I am totally cool with it, my nom can go, too. And please don't misunderstand, I am not trying to be dramatic or anything oddball . I'm trying to be completely fair with the rules that have been established previous, in other tournaments. I am not sure what the deal is here, though. I do know that regardless of the outcome, whether I eliminate myself - I will still finish up this tournament as a host and do all of the honors, as well as continue with conversations about these films, naturally I will.

But yeah, I kind of fudged my end a bit (I said Fudged my End - wtf?).

Either way, just throwing it out there. I am glad this is wrapping up. I can finish the teen hof easily and then I am going to lay back on HoF's for a bit just to break things up.

I feel like I'm kind of cheating some with two of the noms; Dragon Lives Again and Beast Must Die. One of the noms I couldn't even stomach because the atmosphere was too thick and it was painful work. The other nom seems really cool but I refuse to view it under dire circumstances. If that disqualifies me, I am totally cool with it, my nom can go, too. And please don't misunderstand, I am not trying to be dramatic or anything oddball . I'm trying to be completely fair with the rules that have been established previous, in other tournaments. I am not sure what the deal is here, though. I do know that regardless of the outcome, whether I eliminate myself - I will still finish up this tournament as a host and do all of the honors, as well as continue with conversations about these films, naturally I will.

But yeah, I kind of fudged my end a bit (I said Fudged my End - wtf?).

Either way, just throwing it out there. I am glad this is wrapping up. I can finish the teen hof easily and then I am going to lay back on HoF's for a bit just to break things up.
Did you watch some or all of the two films? even watching some gives an opinion of what you thought of it... so how would that disqualify you?

To be honest with most of you.. some of those were hard for me to watch.. There were times I wanted to turn them off because I found them to be over the top ridiculous... not my types of films.. but I did push through them and watch it all.. even if it was broken up into days...

I applaud your honesty, @Joel. That speaks very highly of your love of the HoFs to say you didn't finish two films and only saw about 30 to 40 mins of it. Not sure how many of us would admit to pulling a quick run through a film we absolutely hated and couldn't bear to sit through normally.
It does sound, like @MovieGal says, that you did get the gist of the films to form an opinion and, if you like, we could all vote on whether or not that suffices.
My vote would be: Stay In.

To be honest with most of you.. some of those were hard for me to watch.. There were times I wanted to turn them off because I found them to be over the top ridiculous... not my types of films.. but I did push through them and watch it all.. even if it was broken up into days...
Yeah I agree this was a hard bunch of movies to watch. I guess that's not a surprise as B movies are often the bottom of the movie barrel. By comparison I loved or liked all the 80s Teen HoF films. There were only 3 movies in this HoF I liked, and only 1 that I really liked, my own