B-Movie HoF II: The Sequel!

Tools    

@Joel Just wanted to point out that you may've just inadvertently(?) crafted a gem...

I'm hissing through my teeth like a gangsta with gold teeth
because I'm laughing so hard at all the clanking...
I want a real swordfight where motherfugs are getting fulked up (BAD on screen)..
to the point where their pants are ripping from falling on their asses
from the NON STOP ASSAULT of the sword attacker(s)
MC Jo-ill

Cherry
I'm thinking Sam from Anaheim made the wrong decision when he booted Cherry out of the plane and chose the Tracker instead, ha!...I mean Melanie just wasn't all that hot in this movie IMO, and then look at Pamela Gidley up there, could she be any cuter or what?

Though I liked how the director made Cherry seem cold and robotic in the end scene on the air plane. Even her eyes looked CG robotic, but this is before CG and that was done with lighting and by the look on the actress's face, nicely done scene as it made Sam's choice seem more believable. But still I got to think E the Tracker would get on your nerves real quick like!

I just love this movie. I seen it back on TV in the early 90s, then again a couple years ago and was surprised at how clever the film is. And true to the 1980s style of film making, the film doesn't take it's self too serious. I love 80s films for that reason, they just don't make movies like they did in the 80s.

Cherry 2000
has it all, it has ecliptic, post apocalyptic, world building...and it has themes! Apparently in the future, which was last year 2017 btw, women have become a real pain and demand contracts before having sex, ha...they even bring lawyers to the pickup bars to negotiate the deals. No wonder poor Sam decides to fall for a bot instead, as dating sounds like a pain in the future.

The dating bar, the Sky Ranch, the Glory Hole, Zone 7 out in the desert all of that was colorful and fun world building. And Lester!...what a character with his be true to yourself, self-help talk, then with all of his happy go lucky demeanor he shoots people in the head! OMG
Elaine, I mean Ginger was a fun character too.

Loved the real world sets, wholly crap that huge open pit and the large crane and the tunnel water shoot, all very cool to see! Great shooting locations. And there's some pretty impressive explosions in the film too. I swear they blew up a ridge with a shoulder launch grenade. Damn!

I could go on and on but enough to say I dug this film!

My reviews will go up a day or two after I watch the last one. I need to get my thoughts down in writing.

I think cat will review after she has seen them all.

My reviews will go up a day or two after I watch the last one. I need to get my thoughts down in writing.

I think cat will review after she has seen them all.
I have two more to watch. I think I'll wait to watch them until the end of the HoF, when is the deadline again?

I had intended to post about each as I watched, but it didn't turn out that way. I'll write a little about each once all are watched. I'm taking my time with it to be sure to be on the right mood for them all, so none suffer my whims.

I have two more to watch. I think I'll wait to watch them until the end of the HoF, when is the deadline again?
Joel never gave specific deadline. Just when all is finished.

Night of the Creeps is the of the better 80's college films in the sense that they get rapey. I found the film to be a mixed bag, for this Hall of Fame it felt way to polished to be considered a "B-movie". Night of the Creeps seemed to have every advantage in life, a well thought-out script, excellent special effects a cast of hundreds. Is this film really a B-film or is it simply typically genrefare.

The film is also a little bit off when it comes to the horror. The dead cat scene was the only time I was somewhat startled and that is problematic for a film that should be a zombie film first and foremost. For me the best part of the film was Tom Atkin's detective who had more charisma and was entirely more interesting than everyone else in the film. I just kept thinking why are we focused on this bland turnip soup of a human being when everyone else around him is so much more interesting.

While it might sound like I hated the film, I didn't really I just hated it for this tournament.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Not really. They [the better 80s college films] get rapey - not Night of the Creeps. But everything needs an edit.

Not really. They [the better 80s college films] get rapey - not Night of the Creeps. But everything needs an edit.
and this is a form of the word r*pe? to assault a person?

Im watching "Return of the Dragon". I will try to finish it tonight. Its over 2 hours long so Im not sure if I have time.

Eating white coconut cake while watching it... yum!

Im watching "Return of the Dragon". I will try to finish it tonight. Its over 2 hours long so Im not sure if I have time.

Eating white coconut cake while watching it... yum!
Coconut cake sounds good! Hope you like the movie....Are you going to write anything after you've seen the last film? Just wondering. Myself I have to write my thoughts down quickly or I end up forgetting about the film.