B-Movie HoF II: The Sequel!

Tools    

I'd never ban you from my store, Cosmic, just so you know. The customer is always right at my store, and they always walk away happy. Would you like a few pieces of candy from the dish? How about a quarter for the jukebox?

You're banned. You're banned from the store! Now get out....before I call the POLICE!
How dare you?!

All of my friends at the PTA are going to hear about this! You're going to lose a lot of business, since we'll all be shopping at the place down the road!

But you're comin back, right?
"Unreasonably irate middle-aged customer Cosmic" is gone forever. Until next week when she needs to pick something up for her kids' soccer team, that is.

"Creeping the forums without contributing anything substantial" Cosmic will continue to haunt the thread, as per usual.

I watched two of the noms last night. Both were interesting and I can tell it's going to be real hard to decided how to rank the movies. I guess I'll go with two guidelines: How much I enjoyed watching the movie...How well did the movie achieve what it was aiming for.

Oh, I wanted to say to the new members that I will read everyone's reviews and rep them, after I've watched the movies. So far good choices everyone

Spaced Invaders, this was fun and I thought it was very well made for it's audience, which I'm guessing is a family movie. Nothing wrong with family movies, kids need movies that they can watch too. There was nothing graphic, nothing violent, not even the Martian being vaporizes by the Enforcement Drone was too scary for little tykes. So I'll give the movie points for that.

I'll also give it some Bonus Points for including my name sake in the movie! Loved hearing good ole Orson's voice as he read the infamous War of the Worlds radio broadcast from 1938...so cool!

I liked the way the different Martian's had different personalities based on movie stars. Definitely I heard Jack Nicholson and Cary Grant, I'm not sure who the other Martians were based on? Or were they? Anyone know?

The kid actors, the girl and the boy were both good and likable, and that's important when the leads are kids. Oh my wife liked this one too, so that's another bonus point.

Thanks @edarsenal for including Orson in this HoF

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spaced Invaders 1990.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	47841  

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (1978)

I don't know why I spent so much time making that image of the 'killer' tomato...If anyone is interested it's a photo of a regular tomato combined with the graphics from the movie's poster. I guess I'm just silly

Talking about silly, this movie is way silly and I liked it! There's lots of clever lines of dialogue hidden in the cheap, cheap, budget. Boy those killer tomatoes were scary looking!

My favorite line was when the Press Secretary was talking to an advertising firm and they were trying to sell Americans on the idea that killer tomatoes weren't all that bad! Ha.

"If you're feeling sad and blue...tomatoes will end it all for you"

Lots of funny stuff here and I think on a second watch even more of the cleverness would be apparent.

Good one @mattiasflgrtll6

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Attack of The Killer Tomatoes 1978.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	47846  

I need to finish Night of Creeps.. I got busy with putting something together the other night and didnt get to see it all... this weekend... I hope to watch it and 2 other films...

@Citizen Rules,

Gorgeous renderings and fonts, as usual, buddy! Love your aesthetics and care put into your presentations! Great, great stuff!
I'm just having me some fun and I have the host to thank for the inspiration!

@Joel... @Citizen Rules and I are thinking of a great HOF to do after this one.. I hope you are going to join us.

I can't say what it will be, but it will be FUN
Oh, hell more than fun.. it isn't just going to be about watching great movies.. just discussing the topic in general and all that surrounds it...