B-Movie HoF II: The Sequel!

Tools    

Cherry 2000 must have literally just been removed from Netflix here in Canada. I saw it on the service last month.

Bastards.
I have a link for anyone who can't find Cherry 2000, just give a shout out and I'll PM it.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch

Bloody loved it....lost interest....hahahahaha
I did! It got a bit repetitive so after about an hour and a half I started losing the will to live a little bit. But I'm glad I saw it and it's made me chuckle all day

Reviews are updated and indexed on our landing page..see my signature for the link/EZ access. I'll try and get a couple/few watched this weekend and submit a few non spoilery reviews if I can!

For future ref, just sent me a post comment if box is full.
I did Joel. So when can I start following the noms?[/quote]

Right now. Just browse this thread. Click my signature, the link there, to see the noms and reviews. Join the discussion. Its all right here.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Started The Editor, fell asleep. Not the film's fault, I started it at midnight and had to wake up 4 hours later.

Will finish tonight.

Suspect's Reviews

The Child (1977)

From the beginning I was really into the music and atmosphere. The shots were moody, the music was classically tinged. Everything seemed in place. About 10 more mins in and I was a little bit distressed because the picture was a bit murky. I pray for a blu ray of this. Anyway, I'm able to look past this as long as the film itself is solid.

The film wasn't very solid. I kept thinking "If I can just make it to the end, I can write a review". That's not a good sign for watching a movie. That's not a good indicator for taking it in and having some fun. The carnage was, I guess, creepy enough. The lighting I have to say was super contrasty, using dark to light almost with no discernible gradient.

Some of the location was mint.
WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
I loved the outside abandoned car area, and the mock freeze frame at the end was kind of dumbfounding to me because I was really trying to figure it out as to whether or not this was frozen, or was this the director making that poor girl suffer through a very long still moment of body acting.

I'd see this again just to know it better, but I cannot say that I was feeling good while watching it. It seemed like work, and when I have to work for a movie, I feel cheated and frustrated.

Good nom, though. It has definitely gotten me curious about some better means of viewing it without a standard definition presentation. That design was really nice!

The Child (1977)

Good nom, though. It has definitely gotten me curious about some better means of viewing it without a standard definition presentation. That design was really nice!
There's supposed to be a DVD of this but for some reason every single copy I've seen seems more like a VHS rip. Dark scenes become really fuzzy at times but as a kid I used to watch some 5th+ generation VHS copies so I'm used to bad quality

There's supposed to be a DVD of this but for some reason every single copy I've seen seems more like a VHS rip. Dark scenes become really fuzzy at times but as a kid I used to watch some 5th+ generation VHS copies so I'm used to bad quality
I'm not gonna lie, dude. The mood was spot on for a b movie nom, in my book, anyway. I just felt it needed something extra for my particular mood at the moment. That's why my money is always down on cards that hit the bases in that regard. I'm a bit too moody to be a reliable consultant to what a good movie makes, but I do know that it's been noted as a dank and strange film, so, thanks.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
(1978)

2 years before Airplane!, there was this writing that had bureaucratic types crawling over confined spaces onto conference tables to discuss the "fruit" attack underway. That's the joke of this film, and it's an interesting one. I remember that I asked a 7th grade english teacher to run this film after school to a few of my classmates and myself as an experiment. I wanted to see how far I could control my school's curriculum. To my surprise, the teacher agreed, and all 5 of us sat in darkness with a print of this movie to keep us in a detention while we tried to figure out what was happening as we wasted our freedom on something that could have been worked out at home in our own decided leisure.

Watching this film today as a 42 year old sleepy-head, I was chuckling at the inventiveness of the jokes. I still appreciate the bits crammed into the pace of everything. I consider this a fine, if not completely obvious and head smacking, b-movie.

Cherry 2000 must have literally just been removed from Netflix here in Canada. I saw it on the service last month.

Bastards.
I'm pretty sure this happens about 80% of the time with me. I see something on Netflix, then when I decide I actually want to watch it a few weeks later, it's suddenly gone.

The truth is in here
So glad you liked the movie, Joel It's one of my favorite comedies. It's a superb parody of B-movies while successfully being in the spirit of one itself. I feel like it's a lot smarter than people give it credit for. The scene with the mistranslated dubbing is a stand-out.

So glad you liked the movie, Joel It's one of my favorite comedies. It's a superb parody of B-movies while successfully being in the spirit of one itself. I feel like it's a lot smarter than people give it credit for. The scene with the mistranslated dubbing is a stand-out.
oh my god, that asian fella's dubbing was gold! The voice used is so ridiculous! It's a lot better than I remember it being. I've mostly remembered the movie. Last time I've seen it was around 1988 or so. I'm kind of old-ish.

The Beast Must Die (1974)

WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
I am trying to choke this film down but it's not easy. The music and editing are so boring and icky to me. I hate that melodramatic early to mid seventies brass section with emerging synthesizer sounds. It's like being clobbered upside the head with a wet newspaper on a pipe smoke filled enclosed porch with the feeling of never getting to turn the vcr on ever again because you're trapped somewhere you do NOT wanna be!

I think once a film establishes its mood, it's up to the viewer to decide whether they are up for the challenge. I dunno. Like a pretentious art film HoF, I feel trapped with this nom. And Siddon, this is in no way meant to offend you but, I cannot stand this film so far. This isn't my official "review" of it, but things are not feeling very good right now concerning this particular nom. I will be a man about it and march back with my papers to finish it off. But will it be a major character arc and epiphany on my part, or will it be like trying to hastily get a load out when you've been banging away on a beer goggle date for 6 hrs and no end is it sight to just call it a night?

WARNING: "This is actually not at all spoilers" spoilers below
This isn't my official "review" of it
I repped this as I was reading it because I thought it was your review, and I always rep the HoF write-ups. Since you tricked me, I demand you return that rep at once!

I repped this as I was reading it because I thought it was your review, and I always rep the HoF write-ups. Since you tricked me, I demand you return that rep at once!
I'm sorry. Reps are non-refundable. What you can do, though -is, the next time you genuinely like something I write..don't rep it.

That will fix my wagon and give you closure!

Or, I can rep you twice in a row for something that I have no business in.

I'll do that now.