B-Movie HoF II: The Sequel!

Tools    

Also if anyone's stuck on trying to find the films, you can rent The Burning, Night of the Creeps, Cherry 2000, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and Jack Frost for a few bucks on Itunes (At least where I live anyway).

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!

The Dragon Lives Again (1977)

Ahck! that photo image was suppose to look cool. Oh well I spent too much time on that image to redo it. So anyway...

If we're giving out awards for cheesiest B movie, then The Dragon Lives Again would win fist down! And I'm saying that having not seen any of the other noms

I'm not going all analytical in this HoF. B movies are about fun and so I'll just type out whatever pops into my head.

This is sure one wacky film! And I liked it...What's not to like about a Brucexploitation film that has Bruce Lee, who died 4 years earlier, arriving in the underworld! OMG what an idea! I mean it's original as hell (pun warning). I loved how the film explains that when the dead arrive their face AND body looks different than they did in life, ha!

I got a laugh out of seeing all those movie characters in the underworld like Clint Eastwood, yet he's still alive so why is he there? I wonder how many of you will spot all the characters? I knew who Emanuele was and the guy in the long coat and hat is Caine from TV's Kung Fu. It was great when Bruce met Caine and says 'Hello Brother'. And then there's a nod to The Green Hornet TV show.

The best part had to be the bubble bath scene! Am I right? Heck that was better than any old Emanuele film. Curious that the actress who played her was only listed as Jenny. I bet she didn't want her real identity known, can you blame her!

It was crazy fun and the best part is the movie just went full tilt. Oh and Popeye when he eats spinach, well those of you who know the old Popeye cartoons well get that.
@TYTD good choice!

Wonderfully put man! Im glad you enjoyed it! it's one of those movies that always leaves me rubbing my eyes in disbelief that somehow it got made

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
My fat stack of films turned up today! im going to hopefully get cracking this weekend! though things may have taken a turn for the curious as I just got approved for a promotion at work (Mo Money; Mo Problems) and I may be about to buy a house for the first time hopefully things will slow down a bit xD

Im finding them on Terrarium....

first I check Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.. then move to Terrarium....

My fat stack of films turned up today! im going to hopefully get cracking this weekend! though things may have taken a turn for the curious as I just got approved for a promotion at work (Mo Money; Mo Problems) and I may be about to buy a house for the first time hopefully things will slow down a bit xD
Great news, man! Congrats!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
CONGRATS!!
and good luck on BOTH the promotion and the possible house hunting!!

Have at it, although you may wanna pick another and send it privately as this kind of cancels out the surprise of the big reveal once all noms are sent in. Here, man. Check this welcome banner for quick guidelines!

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...61#post1944261
@Joel. Has my movie Beast In The Cellar been accepted as my nom?
Tried sending my second nom.. you need to clear some PMs as your folder is full.

Another one I vaguely remember from my childhood. Obviously the version I saw back then had presumably all the gore cut off because... well, that's how it was in Finland back then

Again, I'm trying to keep spoilers to a minimum but I'm sure the most sensitive people will be triggered unless they've seen the film first.

The Burning (1981)

Summer camp caretaker is hated by the youngsters and they decide to make a prank on him. It goes little awry and the poor man burns almost to death. Five years later he's released from the hospital and he's wanting revenge. His victims are new summer campers supervised by one of the original pranksters.

The Burning is your typical slasher with horny teenagers and almost super powered murderer. It's definitely not my favorite genre but I've seen far worse specimen. Like slashers in general The Burning isn't suspenseful or scary in the least and there's no real story (I guess it wouldn't be completely wrong to say that the film is just an excuse for nudity and splatter).

I think the film takes too long to get anywhere interesting (i.e. murders). The false scares and teenage drama it offers aren't enough to carry majority of the movie. When things finally escalate to bloodshed Tom Savini's effects are really good. Especially the canoe scene is great. Writer and director aren't bothered by the non-essential stuff like realism, distances and time.

Mediocre slasher with good gore translates into barely OK film. Fans of the genre will most likely find this far more entertaining.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Burning

(Tony Maylam)

Movie Rating -

"B-Movie" Rating -

Stealing I think Deadites old way of reviewing films, giving a normal rating, then a trash rating for the" B-Movieness" of it all.

Edgar Wright probably loves this film, as he parodied it in his contribution to the Grindhouse film with his faux trailer ' Don't '

Co-written by Harvey Weinstein, makes some of the sexual elements of the film a little off putting. As I was watching two characters lean up against a tree, one against her will, the other using his size and strength to stop her from moving, I thought to myself...if a girl kept saying no and trying to push away, how many times would it take for me personally to stop it? I'd say once because I'd feel like a POS afterwards, this guy has to be told dozens of times. Another scene has two people skinny dipping and the guy telling to girl to "Get the F out of here" because she won't get with him.

Weinstein claims to have written the film before Friday the 13th, but it's clear that this is a rip-off of that film, in tone, style and presentation. As far as Horror Summer Camp movies go though, it's one of the better ones. I'll take this over Sleepaway Camp any day. I'm one of the few...maybe only one, who prefers the sequel over the original camp.

A young Jason Alexander here, full head of hair and a young Fisher Stevens. I wish Alexander had more to do other than crack-wise. I was really taken back by Carrick Glenn, she was gorgeous. Sad to see her career is almost non-existent.

Longest paddle to a God-Damn canoe ever. Felt like they were reusing the same footage over and over to drag it out. Then BAM, it hits you. Obviously the most memorable scene and cool effects.

Excellent suggestion for this HoF, glad I watched it.

Suspect's Reviews

Have at it, although you may wanna pick another and send it privately as this kind of cancels out the surprise of the big reveal once all noms are sent in. Here, man. Check this welcome banner for quick guidelines!

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...61#post1944261
Tried sending my second nom.. you need to clear some PMs as your folder is full.
Hi spooky. The submission deadline closed already but feel free to chime in with the noms (review it, discuss etc)
I msgd you when i was starting but never heard back so i figured you were out

[/quote] Hi spooky. The submission deadline closed already but feel free to chime in with the noms (review it, discuss etc)

[/quote] I never received your message Joel. So I have missed the deadline. I am somewhat of an obscure horror buff so if you can get the word out to message me early for the next one I would be grateful.

Hi spooky. The submission deadline closed already but feel free to chime in with the noms (review it, discuss etc)

[/quote] I never received your message Joel. So I have missed the deadline. I am somewhat of an obscure horror buff so if you can get the word out to message me early for the next one I would be grateful.[/quote]

Yeah i nsg you in a reply, the one you answered this morn. If i run another check my signature. It has link to rule page, deadlines, noms and reviews. Feel free to join us in banter here for this one! Next time ill shout out to you. Just keep in mind deadlines can change to a quicker date if all participants confirm snd submit faster than usual. As is the case with this one

And right my inbox is full...i really have to get i. There and delete a lot, sorry.

For future ref, just sent me a post comment if box is full. Sorry bout that, been happening lately

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Just watched Hunter's Blood!

Bloody loved it. Had so many funny aspects to it that I didn't mind the fact that it was a bit of a Deliverance rip off. The acting was all over place, the music was so off the mark it was also quite humorous. I can see why this was nominated because it really is a quintessential 80s, low budget B movie.

That being said, I found it got a bit repetitive after a little while, and since movies like it have been done countless times I quickly lost interest, and the film limped past the finish mark for me. But I really enjoyed the whole experience of it and I'm glad it was put up. I left my full review here since I included the odd spoiler, so proceed with caution!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...33#post1946833

Going to move onto The Burning next me thinks!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Just watched Hunter's Blood!

Bloody loved it. Had so many funny aspects to it that I didn't mind the fact that it was a bit of a Deliverance rip off. The acting was all over place, the music was so off the mark it was also quite humorous. I can see why this was nominated because it really is a quintessential 80s, low budget B movie.

That being said, I found it got a bit repetitive after a little while, and since movies like it have been done countless times I quickly lost interest, and the film limped past the finish mark for me. But I really enjoyed the whole experience of it and I'm glad it was put up. I left my full review here since I included the odd spoiler, so proceed with caution!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...33#post1946833

Going to move onto The Burning next me thinks!
Bloody loved it....lost interest....hahahahaha