Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

The Big Lebowski (1998)

John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017)

As the title says, this is the next movie in (what I hope) will continue to be a series. After settling business held over from the last movie, John is visited by former underworld associate who calls in a marker (this one being a blood pledge) on John to do a favor for him. The favor is to kill a family member so the mafioso will be able to take her place at an international council of crime. John is forced to do it. He goes to Rome and the adventure begins.

Oh yes, he's got a new dog in this, an older dog whom he boards so it won't end up like the first dog. John goes to Rome and to a hotel that cater to men and women of his profession and he is equipped with everything he needs for his mission. In spite of not wanting to do it, once he takes the job, he will stop at nothing to see it through, and to get past it.

Although he uses his own guns and knives in the movie, there is a lot of fighting where John uses his hands, takes guns or knives away from the bad guys and offs them with their own weapons. There are several sequences where he seemingly goes through thirty or forty baddies at a time, of course getting wounded but still going, not stopping for anything. These fights are made to seem realistic and are brutal beyond belief. When he would go through several score of assassins, I felt so tense that I felt as though I had been through the fights.

Keanu Reeves is awesome once again as Wick, Riccardo Scamarcio is perfectly slimy as the mafioso who calls in John's marker; Ian McShane (one of my favorite actors) is his usual excellent self as the proprietor of a club/hotel where anyone seeking sanctuary is given it and it's a haven for any assassin not to be killed; Ruby Rose is sleek and sexy as an immaculately dressed bodyguard for Scamarcio; Laurence Fishburne is reunited with his "Matrix" co-star Reeves as an assassin who aides Wick; Common is the bodyguard for the Rome-based family member of Scamarcio and he is almost as badass as Wick, never stopping for a second
WARNING: spoilers below
(there is a dynamite but short sequence where he and Reeves are on separate levels of a railway concourse and are shooting guns with sound suppressors on them (silencers) at each other, the huge throngs around them totally unaware).

Director Chad Stahelski (co-director of the first Wick film) pulls out all the stops as he puts Wick through the grinder on this one, against seemingly half the underworld of Rome and New York City. A winner all the way.

It's a great word, Marco. I dont hear or read it often, but somehow the entertainment does not extend to the movie. Wont be going on the watchlist any time soon.
It's a dandy word Dani8 but being Scottish I ken a few more choice ones . The film is just inexcusably unfunny. Thankfully in my past so I have good recommendations from the spot on contributors on here which is great

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

The Night Stalker. A killer is stalking Las Vegas, leaving his victims completely drained of blood and investigative reporter Carl Kolchak (the great Darren McGavin) is soon convinced that the killer is not just some madman who thinks he's a vampire but an actual real life creature of the night. This early 70s US TV movie that led to a sequel movie and eventually a TV series, which in turn later inspired The X Files, stands up very well and is very entertaining and spooky fun, with McGavin a hoot as the irascible reporter who just can't help getting up the noses of anyone in authority.

Saki (2017)

So gaudy live action moe about -over the top- cute ladies compete in mahjong match.

not understand much the detail of mahjong rule but neither ppl that know or like it will find this interesting, i bet . Even to that, the second half introduce the final/last battle where thing start interested a bit compare to boring and cringey build up matchs -and characters- in the first half

- cant like ano chan chara at all lol but nice effort. hope minami hanabe setup bright career itf, as main lead she so k-a-w-a-ii...

Welcome to the human race...
Los olvidados -

You ever just wait ages to see a film and then just feel glad that it lives up to the hype?

if only - 8/10

Late Extra (Albert Parker, 1935)

Paper thin plot but a fun enough watch

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Only recently I was thinking I hadnt seen Cusack in a movie for a long time then last night voila

What on earth was De Niro thinking! I still dont know what was in the bag.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Free Fire (2016)

This is the first Ben Wheatley I've seen and I'm curious to watch some more now. I found this more interesting than enjoyable. It's a very well put-together, visually interesting film which takes the concept of a shoot-out in a single location and stretches out to 80 minutes. It's a little overstretched for my taste, there's a certain amount of humour and tension but there's a limit to how funny people shooting each other really is, although there were a couple of nice ironies that amused me.

The Night Stalker. A killer is stalking Las Vegas, leaving his victims completely drained of blood and investigative reporter Carl Kolchak (the great Darren McGavin) is soon convinced that the killer is not just some madman who thinks he's a vampire but an actual real life creature of the night. This early 70s US TV movie that led to a sequel movie and eventually a TV series, which in turn later inspired The X Files, stands up very well and is very entertaining and spooky fun, with McGavin a hoot as the irascible reporter who just can't help getting up the noses of anyone in authority.
Ooooh, need to search this out, loved the TV series and never realised they'd made a feature length one.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

(2008)

One too many times to the well.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

I find it very funny. Great cast which fulfill all requirements. Sam Rockwell wasoutstanding. He didn't need to play, it's enough he was himself
Plus for Polish thread - Mr and Ms Kieślowscy