Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

Here are some simple reasons I think people should be more willing to consider Trump rather than just shut him out and dump on him:

1. His stance on immigration. The left has turned America into a big welfare state, with no real borders, and illegals pouring in. These illegals come in and suck money out of an economy that already spends way too much and is $19 Trillion in debt. USA's national debt was at $10 Trillion in 2008 when Obama took office. That means in 8 years, Obama doubled our national debt. Yikes! The reason the left is okay with no borders is because these illegals come in and largely vote Democrat, they get on our welfare state, suck up money, and do nothing to contribute to our country. That will stop with Trump. It's why he is going to build a wall. Yoda and others have said he will not be able to get Mexico to pay for it, however, Trump outlined his plan for how he is going to pull that off.
"Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico (Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options). We will not be taken advantage of anymore."
Trump took the lead on immigration. A vote for the left instead of Trump is a vote for continued loose borders, illegals pouring in and getting on our welfare state, bringing their crime with them, and voting Democrat to keep this process going. This hurts our country. You can't do this in legitimate countries in the world. Legitimate countries have borders, and you have to come in legally.

2. People tried to bang on Trump on the four bankruptcies thing. Four bankruptcies! FOUR BANKRUPTCIES! They want that shock effect. But knowledgeable people know these were not personal bankruptcies. They were four business bankruptcies in Atlantic City properties. Out of hundreds of deals, hundreds, Trump has filed for bankruptcy four times. Bankruptcy is a background term to every contract. It's an embedded option. Lenders price for it. This is old news to bankruptcy scholars, even if it still shocks some people, no one should weep for his lenders having lost money. They were sophisticated parties, who priced for bankruptcy risk and had diversified portfolios. Frankly, Trump would have been a fool if he had not filed for bankruptcy in those four occasions when the gambling market went down in 2008. The main point here is that out of hundreds of Trump deals, people can only count to a small handful that he had to shutdown. This is important. Do you know how many business ventures fail, on average, for entrepreneurs in the first 18 months of starting? 50%. Half of entrepreneur business ventures fail, on average, in the first year and a half. Out of hundreds of Trump deals, people can only point to these few occasions. If he had to shutdown such a small % of these deals, and 50% fail on average within 18 months, that means Trump is a highly successful and highly experienced business man. Perhaps his criticizers would have preferred he be like other Republican candidates who have no real business experience, and due to not trying, never had to file bankruptcy reports on their business ventures that didn't work out. See, this is the backwards thinking you run into when people are just out to destroy someone. Trump is a seasoned business man, and that is an asset for country that badly needs to increase jobs on a wide scale, and get America working again.

3. Let's make this one really simple. The US Government spends way too much money. Anyone care to argue that point?
As of two weeks ago:
Hillary Clinton has spent $189 Million on her 2016 election campaign
Bernie Sanders has spent $168 Million on his campaign
Donald Trump has spent $48.8 Million on his campaign
And, the other candidates have spent $75.7 Million for negative attack ads on Donald Trump, more than Trump's campaign has cost so far
I like this.

There are three reasons, on top of the ones stated previously.

1. His stance on immigration.
That's one campaign issue and thanks for posting that. I agree with Trump on that one issue. BUT what are some of Trumps others stances on the issues? I would really like to know.

That's one campaign issue and thanks for posting that. I agree with Trump on that one issue. BUT what are some of Trumps others stances on the issues? I would really like to know.
Believe me, he has stances like you wouldn't believe!
He's going to make America great again. How? He's gonna make deals like you wouldn't believe, believe me. He knows how to work with people and he gets along with everybody, believe me. It's not his fault if people like "Lyin' Ted" and "Ugly Carly" and "Little Marko" don't want to work with him. Unlike them, he's built things and made deals... great deals, believe me. He's got Muslim friends and Mexican friends and women friends who call him up and thank him! He's going to build a wall and who's going to pay for it? That's right! And Mexico will love paying for it, believe me. They'll thank him for letting them pay for it. He's got a foreign policy plan like you wouldn't believe, trust me. He's going to take the oil and work with Putin (who's said some very nice things, by the way). Trust me, he knows what he's talking about, believe me.

(My impersonation)

The one thing that is missing from discussions of the candidates, is the issues and the candidates stances. I know it's hard to nail down a politician on a stance, but still some of their stances must be known.

Originally Posted by nostromo87
Here are some simple reasons I think people should be more willing to consider Trump rather than just shut him out and dump on him:
Okay.

1. His stance on immigration.

No.

2. People tried to bang on Trump on the four bankruptcies thing.
Absence of bad is not good.

No.

Donald Trump has spent $48.8 Million on his campaign
And, the other candidates have spent $75.7 Million for negative attack ads
OH WELL in that case...

No.

1. Well I don't agree with his stance on immigration, but don't all the other Republican candidates pretty much agree on his US-Mexico stuff. Ted Cruz wants to build a wall doesn't he?

2. Not sure that "the opposition distorts the fact to make him look bad" is an argument in itself to vote for him. I can understand why people think the business experience could help, but I don't really know how important this could be an how transferable these skills could be. Do they make up for his lack of experience in actual government related work? How could anyone know? Other candidates have worked on getting stuff like laws passed, and I think it's a brave gamble to think a businessman is going to be more capable than them at getting stuff done.

3. Well a smaller percentage of Sanders' campaign money comes from Super PACs and those groups. I think I read that over 50% of Sanders money raised came from donations of $200 or less? Does amount spend of campaign = amount spent by government, I'm not reall sure how this part works.

Not sure that "the opposition distorts the fact to make him look bad" is an argument in itself to vote for him. I can understand why people think the business experience could help, but I don't really know how important this could be an how transferable these skills could be.
This.

The stance is against illegal immigration, not legal immigration. The world has changed since the 1600s and 1700s, HELLO!

1. Well I don't agree with his stance on immigration, but don't all the other Republican candidates pretty much agree on his US-Mexico stuff. Ted Cruz wants to build a wall doesn't he?
Trump took the lead on immigration, US-Mexico, and the wall. Any Republican candidates who align with him echoed him.

2. Not sure that "the opposition distorts the fact to make him look bad" is an argument in itself to vote for him. I can understand why people think the business experience could help, but I don't really know how important this could be an how transferable these skills could be. Do they make up for his lack of experience in actual government related work? How could anyone know? Other candidates have worked on getting stuff like laws passed, and I think it's a brave gamble to think a businessman is going to be more capable than them at getting stuff done.
Here's where I come from. When something is broken, I don't keep doing the same things. When a government is broken, I'm open to new methods of approach. There are a lot worse ideas than a seasoned businessman in charge of a country with declining work rates and trade deals that don't work out in the USA's favor.

3. Well a smaller percentage of Sanders' campaign money comes from Super PACs and those groups. I think I read that over 50% of Sanders money raised came from donations of $200 or less? Does amount spend of campaign = amount spent by government, I'm not reall sure how this part works.
The figures I posted were the total amount spent by the remaining candidates on their campaigns, as of two weeks ago. Link → (click the *spent* tab)

Hillary Clinton $189 Million
Bernie Sanders $168 Million
Donald Trump $48.8 Million

Trump's campaign has cost ¼ of Hillary's and ⅓ of Bernie's so far. The details of donor money seemed to muck things up in here, but if anyone knows how to make that look crystal clear it'd be cool

The stance is against illegal immigration, not legal immigration. The world has changed since the 1600s and 1700s, HELLO!
OH! Well that's okay then. If it's illegal that means it's morally wrong.

Didn't fill out the paperwork? Kick 'em out, build a wall, **** 'em.

It's not our fault they didn't seriously consider the complex socioeconomic impact they'd have by trying not to get SHOT.

It's not our fault they didn't seriously consider the complex socioeconomic impact they'd have by trying not to get SHOT.
In all honesty they mostly come over here to work. Yeah, what an affliction In my opinion if this is soooo expensive, make Mexico a commonwealth like Puerto Rico. Integrate them, give them social security #'s, and tax em like we are.

When I was a kid illegal meant breaking the law and that was wrong. Today illegal is just an excuse for some liberal to give free handouts, driver licenses, voting rights and college tuition. And that's not a joke, but I wish it was.

In all honesty they mostly come over here to work. Yeah, what an affliction In my opinion if this is soooo expensive, make Mexico a commonwealth like Puerto Rico. Integrate them, give them social security #'s, and tax em like we are.
I've said that before. If Mexico believes their citizens should have free passage into America, then let's conquer Mexico and make it the 52nd state. Then that takes care of the illegal immigration problem.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
What's the 51st state? In California, you need to be a citizen to vote, and the same thing or proof of "legal residency" to get a driver's license. Nobody is given those.

I've said that before. If Mexico believes their citizens should have free passage into America, then let's conquer Mexico and make it the 52nd state. Then that takes care of the illegal immigration problem.
We dont have to conquer them, Mexico could only gain by becoming one of us. Personally integrating their landmass fully into ours could be an exciting concept, but I think most are too lazyminded today to properly run with it. Alot of selfish minded Americans wouldnt like that idea due to the "what would they take from us?" thinking. bleah! that sounds negative, but Ive really not heard any other argument than that.

What's the 51st state? In California, you need to be a citizen to vote, and the same thing or proof of "legal residency" to get a driver's license. Nobody is given those.
Puerto Rico...or Canada I haven't decided yet

We dont have to conquer them, Mexico could only gain by becoming one of us. Personally integrating their landmass fully into ours could be an exciting concept, but I think most are too lazyminded today to properly run with it. Alot of selfish minded Americans wouldnt like that idea due to the "what would they take from us?" thinking. bleah! that sounds negative, but Ive really not heard any other argument than that.
Conquering was of course a joke. America's empire building was a long time ago. I do like your idea. I don't think the Mexican government would like it though. But I bet we could bribe them off. Mexico is a great place to vacation, I've been there several times. So this might make my next vacation even easier...or will it make it more expensive?