THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Definitely go with The Aviator. I really liked it. OK, so you'll probably hate it in that case. Still, that'd be my recommendation.

You should watch Young Mr Lincoln, Raul

Spent today setting up speakers in my brother's room. He bought a whole new system to go with his fairly new TV, and also bought a load of Blu-rays for us to watch. Put on The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me to "test it out" and ended up watching an hour of each film

My sister called me today on my way home from work. My Uncle Carl passed away yesterday afternoon. He was my father's oldest brother and the oldest of the 12 children my grandparents had that was alive. He was third born out of those twelve. It seems that most everyone passes away in August. My father passed away August 8th, 6 years ago and my grandmother (their mother) passed away in August 37 years ago when I was 15 years old. I think there are only 4 left out of the 12.

MovieGal, I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. Were you close with him?
Thanks everyone...

I was close when I was younger. We were a very close net family. I had second cousins who were my age to play with when I was younger. Growing up, my Uncle Carl and Aunt Alene lived about 1 mile from us. Every year, multiple times a year, we had family gatherings in the small Missouri town where they are all laid to rest, where my father is from. We went camping every summer holiday and had a lot of fun times. Imagine about 10 drunk men in their 30s and 40s with M-80s on the 4th of July. Someone always got a lit one under their lawn chair. We had fish frys and everything. Even with the outer family, Julian and Shaw sides, we were still close (both are my grandparents family name).

With my father being gone almost 6 years.. it still hurts... I miss him so much.. I was with him the last week he was alive every day... except for the day he passed. I was on vacation from work and he as in hospice care. After being there 6 full days, my sister comes to stay with him so I could go home and sleep in my own bed.. and he passes that night.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Thanks everyone...

I was close when I was younger. We were a very close net family. I had second cousins who were my age to play with when I was younger. Growing up, my Uncle Carl and Aunt Alene lived about 1 mile from us. Every year, multiple times a year, we had family gatherings in the small Missouri town where they are all laid to rest, where my father is from. We went camping every summer holiday and had a lot of fun times. Imagine about 10 drunk men in their 30s and 40s with M-80s on the 4th of July. Someone always got a lit one under their lawn chair. We had fish frys and everything. Even with the outer family, Julian and Shaw sides, we were still close (both are my grandparents family name).

I know how you feel. I had a similar relationship with my Uncle who passed away a few months ago. We were very close when I was younger, but we didn't see each other much in recent years. We used to go to New Jersey to visit them a lot, and I even stayed over for weekends sometimes because my cousins were close to my age, but as everyone got older, we all got busy with our lives, and drifted apart.

On a lighter note, I hadn't seen my cousins in years either, so it was nice reconnecting with them at the funeral, but I just wish it had been under better circumstances.

I guess Lifetime is making all the "Flowers In the Attic" series of books by VC Andrews into movies. I found the 4th book as a movie already.

So I went to KCCC today and there was a sculptor there who created this item... she stands about 4 1/2 feet tall....

What's the name of the sculptor?
that is Aughra from "The Dark Crystal"

Or do you mean the guy who created her? His name is John Marks.

No, not the sculpture. What's the artist's name?
I edited that post to give you his name.. I had to find his business card..

He should do Chamberlain.. from The Dark Crystal.