Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What does your username mean? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=10686)

Iroquois 07-29-05 11:14 AM

What does your username mean?

Couldn't find any other threads like this one so yeah.

What is with your username?

Mine is a reference to one of my favourite games ever - Metal Gear Solid II. Iroquois is short for Iroquois Pliskin, a fake name used by Solid Snake during the early stages of the Plant mission. I also found out it's an Algonquin word meaning "snake" so it's an interesting play on an otherwise uninteresting name.

You?

Eyes 07-29-05 12:27 PM

Mine is the result of an indecision to come up with a good name. Though I'm trying to change it to something else. I just need to create the proper avatar.

Hasn't someone done this before. Asking what all our names mean? I could swear I've seen it.

Pyro Tramp 07-29-05 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Eyes
Hasn't someone done this before. Asking what all our names mean? I could swear I've seen it.
Yeah, me too....

thmilin 07-29-05 09:25 PM

mine has had many incarnations across mofo by various peeps who could not spell it, but it is indeed tres simple:

smiling --> smilin' --> ADD LISP --> thmilin

linespalsy 07-29-05 09:39 PM

I borrowed these links from an old holdenpike post in a similarly original thread from a wheel back.

look here and here.

As for linespalsy (Lines Palsy), he was a character I made up for a story several years ago. I think the name itself is far more interesting than its origin, sadly.

AboveTheClouds 07-29-05 10:07 PM

The Electric Wizard.

It's a band. And the name itself is just really neat sounding.

Darth Stujitzu 07-29-05 10:28 PM

Darth, because of my dark side, hey I'm a Scorpio, go figure!
Stujitzu- my name is Stuart, hence the Stu part, Jitzu because I'm into Tai Chi and all things oriental, Stujitzu is just a name that's stuck recently.
Most people know me as Stoogie, which I've been called since I was a kid, but I felt like a new identity on the web. Does Darth Stujitzu make me seem mysterious and dangerous? Probably not, but hey we're all internet geeks!
If you really want, you can call me Brenda on the weekends! :dizzy:
Have I mentioned that Scorpios are the sexiest zodiac sign? :randy:
Any single babes looking for a sexy Scottish man, come get some!
P.S. I need a greencard for New York!

7thson 07-29-05 11:24 PM

Well I guess mine is kind of obvious, but there is more to it than simply being the 7th son. I am the seventh son of my parents, although I am not the seventh born there are a few girls too. If that was not enough my Father was the 7th son out of his siblings, and to put the topping on the cake my grandfather was....yep the 7th son. Not sure about my great grandfather, but I have been trying to find out.

Godsend 07-30-05 12:48 AM

That I'm sent from the man upstairs~!

EmuGOD 07-30-05 04:13 AM

I am a god of a large flock of flightless birds.

Tacitus 07-30-05 05:15 AM

I'm actually a famous author.

http://www.yesteryearbooks.co.uk/sho...uct/007408.jpg

The Sarge 07-30-05 10:06 AM

I was nicknamed The Sarge at my last workplace after having sexual relations with 19 of the female office and shopfloor staff.

Nothing at all to do with The Rock's character in the Doom movie.

Uncle Rico 07-30-05 06:53 PM

Uncle Rico becasue of the best character from Napolean Dynamite. I made it back when the movie was not over quoted.

Ash_Lee 07-30-05 08:36 PM

I thought Ash Lee sounded like a cool first name and surname :blush:

darkhorse 07-30-05 08:48 PM

My name is a reference to the black knight in the game of chess.

MrZeldaFan 07-30-05 09:43 PM

My name came from one of my favorite video games: Zelda no Densetsu.

Urban Cowboy 07-30-05 10:28 PM

I'll admit it I'm the guy that likes all thoughs John Travolta films; you know the ones after Grease and before Pulp Fiction.

Eyes 07-30-05 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by darkhorse
My name is a reference to the black knight in the game of chess.
really? I'd have thought it was after the comics.

darkhorse 07-31-05 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Eyes
really? I'd have thought it was after the comics.
Actually, no. I like the comics, sure, but it was, more specifically, a reference to the knight from chess.

Also, I created this user name during the '04 Presidential Race, and it was also a reference to the "dark horse" Democratic candidate, whoever he was going to be at the time. Turned out that it was John Kerry, and, sadly, he lost to the incumbent, Bush! But there's always '08!

Darth Stujitzu 07-31-05 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
I, Sexy Celebrity, am a scorpio as well.

Do I make you horny baby???
Glad to have a fellow scorpio on the forum, makes the site soooooo much more sexy!!!!

Equilibrium 07-31-05 07:43 PM

mine means shut the **** up you dumbass prick i am ****ing smarter than your ****ing dumb ****ty ass and i own you ****ing ****head i ****ing am the bomb and you are a vagina and a smelly **** so **** you.

thats a rough meaning tho.

or it could be the name of a movie...

Naisy 08-01-05 09:11 AM

Naisy, been my name for the last twenty years...

Sexy Celebrity 08-01-05 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Naisy
Naisy, been my name for the last twenty years...
Naisy... Naisy... give me your answer true....
I'm half crazy all for the love of you...
It won't be a STYLISH marriage... I CAN'T afford a carriage.
But you'll look SWEET
upon the SEAT
of a bicycle built... for TWO!

Equilibrium 08-01-05 07:07 PM

But you'll look SWEET
upon the SEAT
love that song

coolbreeze 08-02-05 10:57 AM

I am just biking around, cool breeze in my hair. Simple life, really. Bike and camp along life's unused paths.

undercoverlover 08-03-05 05:10 PM

mine is self explanatory

Naisy 08-07-05 09:22 AM

But you'll look SWEET
upon the SEAT
Nice to see you havent changed at all dude...

Jasons_Mask 08-14-05 03:24 PM

Mine is what covers Jason Voorhes face.

Austruck 08-14-05 03:36 PM

Intentional misspelling of "Awestruck," and also then a play on my writing/maiden name. It has nothing -- repeat, nothing -- to do with trucks or Australia!

SamsoniteDelilah 08-14-05 04:33 PM

I thought it meant you had struck gold. :)

Austruck 08-14-05 04:42 PM

Yeah, I've heard variations on that theme and always found it interesting (Au = symbol for gold). Ironically, I graduated in '79, and the atomic number for gold is 79.

Coincidence? I think not. ;)

SamsoniteDelilah 08-14-05 04:47 PM

cue: Twilight Zone theme

nlkead 08-15-05 04:45 PM

Nothing at all. It's a random string of letters.

Misirlou 08-15-05 05:54 PM

My name is a song :)

Strummer521 08-15-05 05:55 PM

by who?

Misirlou 08-15-05 06:02 PM

Dick Dale and the Deltones.......................I think

Its the first song played in Pulp Fiction if you don't know what song I'm talking about

Holden Pike 08-15-05 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Misirlou
Dick Dale and the Deltones.......................I think
Yes, Dick Dale & His Del-Tones.

But really, more important than the artist, I'm sure you came to know it from the frippin' Pulp Fiction soundtrack, yeah? It's the first song on that album.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

*ah yes, an edited post proves me out.

Misirlou 08-15-05 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Yes, Dick Dale & His Del-Tones.

But really, more important than the artist, I'm sure you came to know it from tfrippin' he Pul Fiction soundtrack, yeah? It's the first song on that album.
:laugh: actually the only reason I know what the song is called and who sang it is because Dick Dale appeared on that crappy entertainment show "The Insider" a few weeks ago :D

saved!fan 08-17-05 10:21 AM

mine basically means when i signed upto this I was obsessed with this cool movie called 'Saved!'...if that wasnt already obvious...

squeezyrider 08-19-05 04:13 AM

Mine Rhymes with Easy Rider end of story.

jesusman08 03-21-08 08:39 PM

Re: What does your username mean?

My name means exactly what it says. I am Jesusman.

Slug 03-21-08 09:24 PM

I'm the opposite of hyper.
Always have been.

thebest 03-21-08 09:33 PM

Selfdeprecating but I guess my attitude's always been that when I give my opinion it's because I think it's thebest and no-one's going to be able to change the way I feel about a movie.It's not that I dislike varying opinions, they're fine as long as those opinions are the same as mine :D

Plus when I start a thread I can say it's thebest <blank> so that boosts the coolmeter.

Yep.

Definitely.

Austruck 03-21-08 09:45 PM

Errr, I'm pretty sure that's not what "self-deprecating" means, though.... :)

thebest 03-21-08 09:54 PM

True dat . . . . . .but screw it I am thebest.......at usurping the power of words and twisting their power to my own cruel ends.

What does Austruck mean anyways? I always assumed Awestruck cause I make leaps like that.

Austruck 03-21-08 10:19 PM

Yup, it's a play on words. Awestruck ... and my maiden name/writing name of Au.

pfiction94 03-21-08 10:22 PM

it means pulp fiction 1994, as in the year it was released

jrs 03-22-08 01:44 AM

Mine is simply my initials....Jason Robert Scarpelli. Though I tend to change my username soon.

Swedish Chef 03-22-08 01:52 AM

Yeah, sorry to be so unoriginal but my username is my initials, too.

Samuel Wilbur Eduardo Dominigo Isaac Salemberto Horington Columbo-Hidalgo-Edenprairie-Fishberg.

jrs 03-22-08 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Swedish Chef (Post 422260)
Yeah, sorry to be so unoriginal but my username is my initials, too.

Samuel Wilbur Eduardo Dominigo Isaac Salemberto Horington Columbo-Hidalgo-Edenprairie-Fishberg.
:rolleyes:

Lennon 03-22-08 02:43 AM

John Lennon

thebest 03-22-08 12:03 PM

If you guys could change your usernames, what would you change them to?

Holden Pike 03-22-08 12:04 PM

Anyone can change their username, and I have zero desire to do so.

Iroquois 03-22-08 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by thebest
Snake. :p

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 422316)
Anyone can change their username, and I have zero desire to do so.
As in, asking an admin to change it, right?

Slug 03-22-08 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by thebest (Post 422315)
  • Gus
  • Dub
  • Bud
  • Tex
  • ?

Caitlyn 03-22-08 09:44 PM

:shrug: I have no imagination when it comes to that... which is why mine is what it is.... :D

witts 03-22-08 09:49 PM

My full name is Jordan William Witte.
Witts is what they used to call my dad at the cricket club, when he was batting:
"Shot, Witts!"
I've now used it. I get it playing sport as well, but I get numerous other nicknames including:

- Jordie
- Jords
- Idiot

Sometimes I just get called by my last name.
It's all good.

If I could change mine, I'd change it to Jordan..
If that was available.
But I don't want to change it.

Outbreak 03-22-08 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 274058)
Well I guess mine is kind of obvious, but there is more to it than simply being the 7th son. I am the seventh son of my parents, although I am not the seventh born there are a few girls too. If that was not enough my Father was the 7th son out of his siblings, and to put the topping on the cake my grandfather was....yep the 7th son. Not sure about my great grandfather, but I have been trying to find out.
really? I thought you were an Iron maiden fan, maybe they made the CD after you (or your father) :P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eventh_Son.jpg

My name is my xbox live gamertag and my call-sign for paintball... we take it pretty seriously

ReservoirPup 03-22-08 10:04 PM

i think everyone gets mine, I'm a pre-pubecint Reservoir Dog

mark f 03-22-08 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Slug (Post 422456)
  • Gus
  • Dub
  • Bud
  • Tex
  • ?
Shouldn't ? be "Goober"?

I would change mine to "Queen Bitch of the F*c*ing Universe".

Powdered Water 03-23-08 12:06 PM

I prefer it when people tell me where I stole my name from. I'll just say that the man is a comedic genius.

Austruck 03-23-08 12:47 PM

I assume you mean Steven Wright? Yoda and I got to see him perform live back in October -- right up front too!

Powdered Water 03-23-08 12:56 PM

One of the funniest men on the planet.

The Reservoir Dog 03-23-08 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by ReservoirPup (Post 422487)
i think everyone gets mine, I'm a pre-pubecint Reservoir Dog
Son!

ReservoirPup 03-23-08 10:07 PM

Papa!

MovieMaker5087 03-25-08 05:22 PM

One of the first movie scripts I ever wrote was a sci-fi film set in the year 5087. Although the film was obviously never made, I wanted to remember the first full-length script I ever wrote by incorporating the film's year into my online handle.

MovieMaker5087 03-25-08 05:28 PM

Probably to my other online handle, Scram Lumpy.

thebest 03-25-08 06:10 PM

I think I'd change mine to " Tangentleman " what with the hippin and the hoppin and the bippin and the boppin . . . . .you kids and your rap metal .. . . . . .you can just funk off . . . .

pagerok 03-26-08 10:36 AM

It's a reference to Jimmy Page, guitar god.

r3port3r66 07-21-09 11:08 AM

Bump for new members!

downthesun 07-21-09 11:28 AM

It's the band name of this ****** band I used to listen to when I was younger. Didn't listen to them for too long but really liked the name and have used it as my nic on forums and games ever since. Their explanation for the name is:

Our name means we draw down the energy of the sun to create our own circle of magic. Take, the number six, for instance. Six is the sun and nine is the moon. There are six of us in this band: three charged positive and three-charged negative. To have complete truth, you have to have both

Miss Vicky 07-21-09 11:40 AM

In case anybody was wondering, my name has nothing to do with potato chips. It's sort of an inside joke between myself and a former manager.

I've worked as a receptionist (at veterinary clinics) for several years now. Well, let's just say that I'm not exactly a people person and my normal speaking voice is kind of low and gruff. So when I answer the phone, I try to sound... nicer. However, the actual result is that I apparently sound like a phone sex operator (which I've been told by several people, including some of the clinic's clients). My manager told me that if I wanted to make some extra money, I should start a 900 number and call myself "Miss Vicky." And everytime she would call me at work or at home, she'd ask "How much is it per minute?"

So when I joined my first messageboard, I couldn't come up with a username that was related to the board's topic and not yet taken, so I used "Miss Vicky." For the sake of simplicity, I've used Miss Vicky on every messageboard I've joined since.

Sir Toose 07-21-09 12:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I did this somewhere.

Ah well. My dad used to drink a portuguese wine way back in the '70's called Mateuse.

My first name is Matt so when my dad was halfway into the bottle or so he would start calling me Mattoose after the wine.

That name stuck and was eventually shortened to "Toose".

I added the Sir part because I have a gigantic ego.

Brother Blue 07-21-09 12:16 PM

Pretty simple, no real story behind it. Blues Brothers, swap that around and make it singular ;).

Sounded good to me.

no1mccoy 07-21-09 12:25 PM

Mccoy is a name I adopted about 2yrs ago and bear in a fanbook where I am a member. Mccoy as we know means the real thing so when I write no one Mccoy I tell myself thats what I am. Lol

beelzebubbles 07-21-09 04:30 PM

I am Beelzebubbles, a minor demon and the Lord of the Bubbles. I report directly to Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies. My quarterly review is coming up so i have to go make a little mischief.

SoulInside 07-21-09 04:32 PM

Selfexplaining. I`ve got the idea from the Intel-Slogan.

Godoggo 07-21-09 05:52 PM

I was stumped for a user name looked around the room and saw my dog's favorite toy

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...e_switched.jpg

Thought it made a nice name. :p (Dog pictured is not mine:cool:)

beelzebubbles 07-21-09 06:35 PM

And here I thought it was after the book Go Dog, Go! by P.D. Eastman.

Let me quote from it.
Do you like my party hat?
No, I do not like your party hat.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.

honeykid 07-21-09 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 550239)
...I've worked as a receptionist (at veterinary clinics) for several years now. Well, let's just say that I'm not exactly a people person and my normal speaking voice is kind of low and gruff. So when I answer the phone, I tried to sound... nicer. However, the actual result is that I apparently sound like a phone sex operator (which I've been told by several people, including some of the clinic's clients). My manager told me that if I wanted to make some extra money, I should start a 900 number and call myself "Miss Vicky." And everytime she would call me at work or at home, she'd ask "How much is it per minute?"...
I don't know that I believe this. I may need your phone number. ;) :D

regnif 07-21-09 11:15 PM

when i used to write electronic music some 4 years ago . i wanted to come up with weird names. so i reversed a lot and created track titles.

this is finger spelt backwards.

Classicqueen13 07-25-09 06:32 PM

13 is my lucky number. And I love classic movies and old-fashioned things. Queen just seemed to go nicely with it

MovieGal 09-02-15 09:52 PM

Im reviving a dead thread...

How did you choose your user name?

Mine came from a few years ago when I chatted on ICQ.. I had some other name but a guy came in once and seen me and other people talking about movies. He messaged me and we started chatting. He asked if I would be interested in meeting in that room and watching a movie online together.. I said sure...

He had the nickname MovieGuy... the day we watched "The Faculty", I decided to change my nickname to MovieGal.. we watched a few movies together but then he didnt come back to chat anymore.. No clue why.. I never recommended any movie that I know a common person would not watch.

Now when I go to ICQ to chat.. which isnt very often.. I chat in another room and everyone knows me by MovieGal.... the one who always has something movie related to talk about.

CiCi 09-02-15 10:27 PM

Mine's just an abbreviated version of the initials of my first and second name, also Sexy Celebrity recommended it and I really liked it, so I changed it!

Although, it's also my username on another site because of the tennis player CiCi Bellis, who won a match at the US open at the age of 15 against someone a decade older than herself which I was astonished by :eek:

-KhaN- 09-03-15 05:16 AM

Ruler. King was too mainstream. :D

SeeingisBelieving 10-15-17 06:48 PM

Mine is a line from The Company of Wolves (1984). My all-time favourite movie scene is towards the end when Rosaleen encounters the Huntsman. At one point the Huntsman describes an object he carries that allowed him to find his way through the wood. When Rosaleen scoffs at this he says "Seeing is believing" and takes out a compass.

Saunch 10-15-17 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ynwtf 10-16-17 11:08 AM

Your Name What the F***
Typed in frustration back in the late 90s trying to set up an email account. Every user name I chose was taken. "Your Name" was a chat app name assigned by default. I used that for a few years there, so I typed it sarcastically. The email worked. Used it ever since. Mostly.

Dannii 10-16-17 03:03 PM

Mine is cockney rhyming slang for scouser, (Minnie Mouser) my husband was a cockney and he called me it😊

Sylvie 10-19-17 10:53 AM

Mine is one of my great-great-great-great-aunt's name and I've always loved it, so there you go :D

Dannii 11-01-17 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dannii (Post 1802658)
Mine is cockney rhyming slang for scouser, (Minnie Mouser) my husband was a cockney and he called me it😊
Ooops made a mistake here, my username is short for my name, Danniella😊.

TheUsualSuspect 11-01-17 08:25 AM

Mine is pretty obvious.

Movie related.

Take off the S from the title because I am singular.

A little mysterious.

honeykid 11-01-17 12:42 PM

My username means I'm correct. :yup:

mattiasflgrtll6 11-18-17 01:38 PM

This is actually my imdb name as well. It was automatically generated from my email address once they made it so you can't log in with your username anymore. It fit so well I decided to keep it.

Yoda 11-18-17 01:50 PM

Hidden reference to an obscure sci-fi series.

Camo 11-18-17 01:51 PM

My surname is Cameron. Kind of jokingly referred to myself as Camo once and it stuck for a while. Rarely get called that anymore.

Camo 11-18-17 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by mattiasflgrtll6 (Post 1825686)
This is actually my imdb name as well. It was automatically generated from my email address once they made it so you can't log in with your username anymore. It fit so well I decided to keep it.
What does "flgrtll" mean?

Edit: Google says it's "flirty", is that right or is it just taking me to that coz it's confused?

Chypmunk 11-18-17 02:02 PM

Mine has no real meaning, I just treat sliced potatoes with almost reverence.

mattiasflgrtll6 11-18-17 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1825692)
What does "flgrtll" mean?
It's my last two names without the vocals.

iank 11-19-17 04:02 AM

It's an enigma wrapped in a riddle.