teeter_g reviews movies.....badly

→ in
Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Alrighty. So, I think how I am going to do this is once, maybe twice, a week at least I am going to watch a movie and review it here. I was going to say a movie that I have never seen, but I am pretty bad about watching movies over and over so I don't know how well that would work out. LOL! (Don't worry, I will only review it once.) If anyone else wants to join in FEEL FREE, I don't want to be the only contributor to this. As the title states, I am usually not very good at movie reviews, so we will see how this goes!

30 Nights of Paranormal Activity With the Devil Inside the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. It takes more time to write that title than it does to watch the movie. I am a fan of parody films but I will most likely never watch this one again. It had its funnier moments but for the most part it was pretty stupid, which I kinda expected. One of the shinier spots for me was near the end when a pro wrestler that I am a fan of made an appearance. I would probably not even recommend this movie for people to watch. LOL! I give it a

A Haunted House. I mentioned I was a sucker for parody movies, right? Cousin Ray Ray and Pastor Doug are my favorites characters in this found footage parody movie. The funniest scene was probably the part where the main characters got stoned with the ghost. It was probably my favorite part of the movie. It was funnier than the last parody movie that I watched by a good bit, but that was about all it had going for it. I give it a
I would probably tell people to watch it if they like parodies.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Set in the same beautiful landscapes as The Lord of the Rings this movie is gorgeous. That said, is it as good as The Lord of the Rings? Easy answer is no. While I enjoyed the new characters, and loved seeing the same faces play the original ones, the story just wasn't as good. Now, I have never read any of these books so I couldn't tell you if they stayed on point with that. I give this movie a
. I would DEFINATELY recommend this movie to anyone who enjoyed The Lord of the Rings series.

Dredd. I would have thought with all the tech that we have, they could have made this movie look so much better. The slo-mo drug scenes were pretty cool, but talk about an impractical drug. Who wants to slow down time that much?! The guns were pretty cool. Ma-Ma was something else! I give it a
. I probably wouldn't recommend this movie unless I knew the person liked this style of movie.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Set in the same beautiful landscapes as The Lord of the Rings this movie is gorgeous. That said, is it as good as The Lord of the Rings? Easy answer is no. While I enjoyed the new characters, and loved seeing the same faces play the story just wasn't as good. Now, I have never read any of these books so I couldn't tell you if they stayed on point with that. I give this movie a 7/10. I would DEFINATELY recommend this movie to anyone who enjoyed The Lord of the Rings series.
I think the Hobbit is unfairly getting slammed by most critics. I agree that if you enjoyed the original trilogy you will enjoy this film. Freeman is the best hobbit we have had yet, I really liked his performance. Of course the best thing these movies have going for them is Jackson. The way that he builds Tolkein's world is impeccable. This movie is not as good as the originals, but I doubt anyone expected them to be, my guess would be Jackson himself probably didn't. I would also give this movie a 7/10

Zero Dark Thirty. Holy Crap! How much, exactly, does the Government think that we don't need to know?! If the stuff in this movie is all true, a lot! That attack in the camp in Afganistan was the worst, how did I not hear about that?! 10 CIA agents dead?! Very interesting 2 and 1/2 hours! I give it a
. I would recommend this movie to anyone!

I don't really know anything about the film, but why would you think your (or any other Government) would want you to know anything?

The Godfather. I have had this movie for about five years and never watched the whole thing. Everytime I tried to watch it I got bored and couldn't finish it. I guess you just have to be in the right mood to watch it. I was last night, and finally finished it. I hate when they use the same actor to play a different character in the same genre, like Al Pacino playing Michal Corleone and then going on to play Scarface, or like Chris Evans playing the Human Torch and then going on to play Captain America or Ryan Reynolds playing both Dead Pool and the Green Lantern. It just bothers me, don't know why. My favorite scene in this movie is probably Sonnys' death scene. It is also my least favorite because there was a way out of that and the moron chose to get out of the car instead of backing the car up and driving away I give this movie a
only because I think it could have been paced faster and not taken 3 hours to tell the story. I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes gangster movies.

The Godfather Pt. II. I guess once you get started watching something you should watch the whole series. Haha! The second one was better than the first in my opinion, it was about an hour longer, but better. I can't figure why the didn't make the whole first movie about Vitos' back story, they were the more interesting parts (to me) in the second movie. I think if they would have done the whole first with his back story and rise to power they could have put his death and all of the other parts of the second movie in the second movie, and it STILL would have been shorter. Haha! That said,
again because it could have been paced faster. I would recommend this movie if you liked the first one.

Love The Godfather. Really liked the second, but I've not seen it, nor the third, in a very long time. In fact, I've not seen the third one since I came out. Maybe I should do something about that?

The Godfather Pt. III. 'Just when I think I'm out, the pull me back in!' I made a day of watching Godfather movies. The third one was good, not quite as good as the second one, but good. I cried like a little baby at the end. Haha! I would give this movie a
again with the pacing, but also because the story just lacked a little for me. I would still recommend this if you are a fan of the first two, just so you will know what happened to everyone.

Surf Ninjas. I felt a little nostalgic last night so I watched a movie that I used to watch when I was little. Turns out, I still kinda like it. Iggy cracks me up. I found myself wondering what ever happened to the kid that played the lead in that movie, I'm gonna Google him in just a minute. LOL! Anyways I give this movie a
I recommend it to anyone under the age of 13. Good action comedy.

Pandorum. I finally decided to sit and watch this one today. I have had it for over a year now and never watched it. It was a really good movie! How are you gonna give Norman Reedus that small of a role though?! I mean really? I was really excited when I saw that he was in it and I thought that it was bound to be good if he was in it (I wasn't wrong) but it turned out that he wasn't there very long. The ending threw me off a little bit, I predicted the easy part. There was an interesting twist though. The female lead in this movie was great! I have no idea who she is, but she was good! (Antje Traue) I need to find some other movies with her in them to watch, if I can. I give this movie an
. If the ending hadn't been semi-predictable and Norman had been in it longer it would have been a 10. I would recommend this movie to every one old enough not to be scared by monsters. I'm glad that I decided to watch this movie today, it had a preview on it for a movie that I had forgotten that I wanted to watch, so the next review will most likely be that movie. Haha! Happy watching!